Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
DONE :-)
Musfiq said:
Dear Ahad vai,
Thanks for your info. please let me know how much Can. Dollar I have to take with me? is there any bindings? suppose we are two (me and my wife) I am willing to carry $9000 with me, is it ok? or they will ask for more as I have decleared like 13,000 in my application.please share.
Thanks
Musfiq
Dear Musfiq

You are required to carry (for 2 person) a minimum of CAD 13837$ (or equivalent in CAD/USD/Any Major Currency) if u don't have an AEO. The CAD figure (13837$) changes with the application time restriction, But in general it stays around that mark. Or else they will send u back from the airport and u'r visa will be no longer valid.

Skilled workers and professionals: Who can apply—Proof of funds

The Government of Canada does not provide financial support to new skilled worker immigrants.

You must show that you have enough money to support yourself and your dependants after you arrive in Canada. You cannot borrow this money from another person. You must be able to use this money to support the costs of living for your family.

You will need to provide proof of your funds to the Canadian visa office in your home country when you submit your application for immigration.

The amount of money you need to support your family is determined by the size of your family. These amounts are updated every year.
Number of
Family Members Funds Required
(in Canadian dollars)
1 $11,115
2 $13,837
3 $17,011
4 $20,654
5 $23,425
6 $26,419
7 or more $29,414

You do not have to show that you have these funds if you have arranged employment in Canada.

So be careful not to enter Canada for the first time without the total POE amount mentioned in your document.

TC

jahangirit

Star Member
Aug 16, 2010
Dhaka
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
December, 2006
Doc's Request.
November 4, 2009
File Transfer...
February 26, 2010
Med's Request
Waiting
idas said:
Dear Musfiq

You are required to carry (for 2 person) a minimum of CAD 13837$ (or equivalent in CAD/USD/Any Major Currency) if u don't have an AEO. The CAD figure (13837$) changes with the application time restriction, But in general it stays around that mark. Or else they will send u back from the airport and u'r visa will be no longer valid.

So be careful not to enter Canada for the first time without the total POE amount mentioned in your document.

TC
Dear All,

Actually I am confused with your comments regarding fund.

Few days ago I talked with my friend, who went to Canada 3 months before (Skilled Immigration), she was telling me that this is not major issue.
In some cases Two family members showed only CAD $4000 few months back.

Please give us clear picture, that will help us a lot.

Regards,

Jahangir

mmh93

Apr 17, 2010
Dhaka, Bangladesh
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-04-2010
Doc's Request.
21-06-2010
AOR Received.
2nd AOR: 06/08/2010, In process date: 25th April, 2012
Med's Request
6th July, 2012
jahangirit said:
Dear All,

Actually I am confused with your comments regarding fund.

Few days ago I talked with my friend, who went to Canada 3 months before (Skilled Immigration), she was telling me that this is not major issue.
In some cases Two family members showed only CAD $4000 few months back.

Please give us clear picture, that will help us a lot.

Regards,

Jahangir

The information in the following link:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/funds.asp

does not specifically mention that the amout shown in the application form (Schedule-3) need to brought at arrival. It says ' bring as much as possible'.

Dear Idas,

Please comment from your own experience.

Regards,
mmh93

idas

Jun 15, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
DONE :-)
mmh93 said:
The information in the following link:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/funds.asp

does not specifically mention that the amout shown in the application form (Schedule-3) need to brought at arrival. It says ' bring as much as possible'.

Dear Idas,

Please comment from your own experience.

Regards,
mmh93

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/arriving.asp

Skilled workers and professionals: Arriving

When you arrive in Canada, you will be greeted by an officer from the Canada Border Services Agency (CBSA). The CBSA is responsible for border and point of entry activities in Canada. You can find more information about the CBSA in the Related Links section at the bottom of this page.

The officer will ask to see your passport and other travel documents. Make sure they are not packed in your luggage, and you have them with you. This will help speed up your entry to Canada.

You must present the following documents upon your arrival:

* Your valid passport and/or travel documents. Your passport must be a regular, private passport. You cannot immigrate to Canada with a diplomatic, government service or public affairs passport.
* Your valid permanent resident visa, and your Confirmation of Permanent Residence (COPR). The officer will make sure you are entering Canada before or on the expiry date shown on your permanent resident visa. Please note that this document cannot be extended. Make sure you use it before it expires.
* Proof that you have sufficient funds to support yourself and your family after you arrive in Canada. You can find more information under Proof of funds in the Related Links section at the bottom of this page.

The officer will ask you a few questions to make sure you still meet the requirements to immigrate to Canada. The questions will be similar to the ones you answered on your Application for Permanent Residence in Canada. The officer will confirm that you still meet the requirements for admission to Canada. This should only take a few minutes.

You will not be allowed into Canada if you give false or incomplete information, or if you do not satisfy the officer that you meet the requirements for entry into Canada.

If there are no problems at the point of entry, the officer will authorize you to enter Canada as a permanent resident. The officer will also confirm your Canadian mailing address. Your permanent resident card will be mailed to you at this address.
Disclosure of funds

If you arrive in Canada with more than C$10,000, you must disclose this information to the CBSA officer. If you do not disclose this information, you could be fined or put in prison. These funds could be in the form of:

* cash
* securities in bearer form (for example, stocks, bonds, debentures, treasury bills) or
* negotiable instruments in bearer form, such as bankers’ drafts, cheques, travellers’ cheques or money orders.

What you can bring into Canada

You can find customs and border information on the website of the CBSA.
Related Links

* Canada Border Services Agency (CBSA)
* What you can bring into Canada (CBSA)
* Proof of funds
* Arriving in Canada with $10,000 or more?

Go through the Red Part,

I think this clears all confusion, The indicated amount is the minimum amount, but bring as much as u like. I also hv hared some of my friends who made it with less then what they r required to carry but to me they r lucky. To me why take risk, the visa is one time entry so it is not worth the risk.

TC

soarer

Aug 16, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks Shaon and Tonucml.
One month has past. I dont know what is going on there.
I am passing some tensed situation.

Soarer

arlnr

Star Member
Mar 25, 2010
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 2009
Doc's Request.
June2009
Nomination.....
July 2009
AOR Received.
July 2009
IELTS Request
August 2009
File Transfer...
In process Since March 11 2010
Med's Request
Feb 8 2012
Med's Done....
March 27 2012 and received April 2 2012
Interview........
November 29 2011
Passport Req..
May 28 2012
Dhaka to Toronto

Wednesday-Friday-Sunday-Sunday

Departure: 22:50 Dhaka, Bangladesh - Hazrat Shahjalal Intl
Arrival: 05:50 +1 day(s) Istanbul, Turkey - Ataturk, terminal I Note: includes 1 technical stop(s) at Karachi

Airline: Turkish Airlines TK709 e Aircraft: Airbus Industrie A340-300

Change of plane required. Time between flights = 5:40.

Departure: 11:30 Istanbul, Turkey - Ataturk, terminal I
Arrival: 15:55 Toronto, Canada - Pearson International, terminal 1

Airline: Turkish Airlines TK17 e Aircraft: Boeing 777-300ER

fare US $ (1,019.00 + 237.61) = 1,256.61 USD (ECONOMY FLEXIBLE: Rebooking/Rerouting is permitted without any charge and refundable. )

Its an e-ticketing fare through airlines web
It may be less through a travel agent

ECONOMY FLEXIBLE: Rebooking/Rerouting is permitted without any charge and refundable.

fariza

Champion Member
Apr 7, 2010
Australia
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
BDSkilled said:
Hi ALL,

Hope you are fine. We are also fine. We 4 families landed safely. Just let you know some Info about Canada.

B4 List Is not Important at all. You can have with you But Nobody will ask for it.
Dhaka immi is not a problem as you have Immigrat VISA. So dont worry
Dont Buy Mobile, Laptop & Other electronics as well as Kitchen Item.
you can buy a Jeans here @ $10.So you think will you buy cloths frm bangladesh.
Buy Bedsheets &Fatua & Gayer chador
Dont Carry any Gold & Jwellary coz its unsafe to hold in Home here.
Try to findout Good Houses near to Market & Subway otherwise life would be difficult. Avoid Basement Houses.

Now about canada. Hope all of you do all research work abt Canada But let me share My Experience. Its a wonderfull country for living.

Here Unity is Must.
Odd Jobs available but in long run no benefit.
Think About professional courses & Study first.
Jobs you will not get easily.
Those who are early 40s will face some challage.
Those who have child over 4 will face some challenge
Lastly those have strong regious views (Muslim) may not survive here for long run.
SOmething will be shared soon. Please let me know if you have anything to know.

Thanks

Ahad
Thanks BDskilled for sharing...Will appreciate if you kindly can elaborate a bit details on the kind and reason of challenges for those having child over 4 being below 40 aged and being Muslim!!
Thnx

imu

Jan 22, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
dear BDskilled
its long time ,i have been out of the thread here. but i visit often and on.
best wishes for a happy landing over there. how's the kids and all around you? hopefully better.i read your posts and started getting the real experience from the other part of the world.i do hope you will find pace with all the challenges.keep sharing things seen and caught around you.
all the best wishes for all of you.
imu

imu

Jan 22, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
dear fariza
its been so long , i' v been out of this site here.hope you have done all those quick medicals !
ahh! what a great relief for you. hopefully you are a single step away forward to land in Canada. wish you pass a good time over there.
congratulations and wishes again.
imu

fariza

Champion Member
Apr 7, 2010
Australia
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
imu said:
dear fariza
its been so long , i' v been out of this site here.hope you have done all those quick medicals !
ahh! what a great relief for you. hopefully you are a single step away forward to land in Canada. wish you pass a good time over there.
imu
Thnx imu for your wishes. Couldn't done our medical yet as not having been able to manage an appointment at DMP before the X'mas.... Moreover I had to apply for a separate passport for my daughter who earlier been included in her mother's... Got new appointment in the first week of January at DMP... Pl wish me luck not to have any new issues and wave of worries for the next few steps to go through!!

Wish you all the very best for your faster processing for PPR and also best wishes for your new upcoming baby... Never mind if it finally gets you waiting until the delivery as it would rather be good for you to get your new baby included and to be able to land leaving all worries behind....

Tonucml

Oct 17, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
imu said:
dear fariza
imu
Dear Imu,
Please also make a comments regarding my case when i will get my PPR. I sent my Medical reports to SVO on 15th sept 2010, not get PPR yet. Also talked with DMP, they told me they (SVO Authority) accepted their mail and all test results were fine. Now 4 months going on, really i am anxious about my PPR. Take care.

With Thanks
Tonu

Classical_beat

Champion Member
Oct 12, 2010
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Tonucml said:
Dear Imu,
Please also make a comments regarding my case when i will get my PPR. I sent my Medical reports to SVO on 15th sept 2010, not get PPR yet. Also talked with DMP, they told me they (SVO Authority) accepted their mail and all test results were fine. Now 4 months going on, really i am anxious about my PPR. Take care.

With Thanks
Tonu
Tonucml I think you should send a case specific inquiry.

Tonucml

Oct 17, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Classical_beat said:
Tonucml I think you should send a case specific inquiry.
I was thinking like you also thinking if VO feel bored that would be problematic for me. They are celebrating X-mas days vacation. After 15th January,2011 i will send a specific inquiry.thake care.

jnathan

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Sheng Chiu
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21st Jan 2010
Doc's Request.
10th March 2010
AOR Received.
10th June 2010
IELTS Request
provided
File Transfer...
IN PROCESS: 12th October, 2010
Med's Request
Withdrawal Request sent....Was waiting for files to return....instead of returning the files, VO sent the MR !!
Med's Done....
28 May 2012
Passport Req..
24 July 2012
Tonucml

No, most of them are not celebrating extended Xmas holidays, they immediately joined office on 27the Dec after celebrating Xmas on 25h and the boxing day on 26th. after that, New year is the day off for them.

Tonucml

Oct 17, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jnathan said:
Tonucml

No, most of them are not celebrating extended Xmas holidays, they immediately joined office on 27the Dec after celebrating Xmas on 25h and the boxing day on 26th. after that, New year is the day off for them.
Dear Janathan,
thanks your reply. OK i will knock them. bye
Tonu