File Transfer...
---
Med's Request
---
VISA ISSUED...
---
LANDED..........
---
Does anyone have any updates? Any apps returned? ???

doc_mady

Star Member
Dec 12, 2014
Guys,

I wanna pump a little bit of hope here. I talked to one of my PhD student friends yesterday who got his PR last year and he told me that after he applied, for some reason all the PhD application processing was delayed probably due to a strike and it took almost 3 months and half for his application to get charged. He told me it does happen sometimes that processing of a certain category stops for no obvious reason. The cap story is possible but again, why would they keep our envelopes if the cap has been reached. Moreover, we live in Canada, so if the files have been returned, we would have received them by now. Again, not hearing from CIC is a good news itself. All we can do now, just wait and pray. If getting PR is something good for us, Allah will make it true. If it is bad, then we shouldn't be aiming at it. Leave it to God, and stop panicing, we are not gonna die without PR.

If you know anything, please update us.

Salam..

nina84 said:

DEC14

Jan 14, 2015
NS
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
15-04-2017
nina84 said:
I called them...they said..."no information......" The guy said, they usually keep record of returning applications.....and also added they will probably have all information by 1st week of April...So try calling us after that!!

Hopefully they might have finished initial completeness check for all December applicants.....!!!!

nina84

Jan 12, 2015
ON, Canada
NOC Code......
PhD stream (NOC 2123)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-12-2015
AOR Received.
---
File Transfer...
---
Med's Request
---
VISA ISSUED...
---
LANDED..........
---
1st week of April! They told me call back March 10th. When did your app get to CIC?

DEC14 said:
I called them...they said..."no information......" The guy said, they usually keep record of returning applications.....and also added they will probably have all information by 1st week of April...So try calling us after that!!

Hopefully they might have finished initial completeness check for all December applicants.....!!!!

NEWMANMAN

Oct 27, 2014
doc_mady said:
Guys,

I wanna pump a little bit of hope here. I talked to one of my PhD student friends yesterday who got his PR last year and he told me that after he applied, for some reason all the PhD application processing was delayed probably due to a strike and it took almost 3 months and half for his application to get charged. He told me it does happen sometimes that processing of a certain category stops for no obvious reason. The cap story is possible but again, why would they keep our envelopes if the cap has been reached. Moreover, we live in Canada, so if the files have been returned, we would have received them by now. Again, not hearing from CIC is a good news itself. All we can do now, just wait and pray. If getting PR is something good for us, Allah will make it true. If it is bad, then we shouldn't be aiming at it. Leave it to God, and stop panicing, we are not gonna die without PR.

If you know anything, please update us.

Salam..
Thanks for the nice words. It basically takes time to return the capped applications. I talked to one of my friends, she said same things happened to her on 2012 and she received her returned applications after 3 months. She applied for PhD stream on November 2012. But there is still hope because we do not know what's going on there. And the other thing is CIC sent 1,187 invitations to apply for Canadian permanent residence to candidates in the Express Entry pool and the minimum CRS points was 735. see this article: http://www.cicnews.com/2015/03/fourth-express-entry-draw-increase-invitations-issued-decrease-points-required-034623.html
I have started thinking about EE.

doc_mady

Star Member
Dec 12, 2014
Thanks man.. EE is very competitive and our score will never exceed 600 because we don't have either provinical nomination or job offer. It can be very good option after graduation unfortunately.

NEWMANMAN said:
Thanks for the nice words. It basically takes time to return the capped applications. I talked to one of my friends, she said same things happened to her on 2012 and she received her returned applications after 3 months. She applied for PhD stream on November 2012. But there is still hope because we do not know what's going on there. And the other thing is CIC sent 1,187 invitations to apply for Canadian permanent residence to candidates in the Express Entry pool and the minimum CRS points was 735. see this article: http://www.cicnews.com/2015/03/fourth-express-entry-draw-increase-invitations-issued-decrease-points-required-034623.html
I have started thinking about EE.

NEWMANMAN

Oct 27, 2014
doc_mady said:
Thanks man.. EE is very competitive and our score will never exceed 600 because we don't have either provinical nomination or job offer. It can be very good option after graduation unfortunately.
I hope they start charging our credit cards next week. EE is very competitive and we need to obtain more information ...

DEC14

Jan 14, 2015
NS
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
15-04-2017
nina84 said:
1st week of April! They told me call back March 10th. When did your app get to CIC?
reached CIC on 23 rd December......

Is there any new hope ??!!! Any update!!???

doc_mady

Star Member
Dec 12, 2014
DEC14 said:
reached CIC on 23 rd December......

Is there any new hope ??!!! Any update!!???
So far, we know nothing and nobody reported return of their package. Keep your hope up :)

nina84

Jan 12, 2015
ON, Canada
NOC Code......
PhD stream (NOC 2123)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-12-2015
AOR Received.
---
File Transfer...
---
Med's Request
---
VISA ISSUED...
---
LANDED..........
---
Good morning every one!
Just saw some one named "farzanaisme" post this today in another group. I will call CIC today, lets share all the info please!

Hi the tailenders,
Bringing a bad news. Just got of the phone with CIC. I rang twice - the 1st agent didn't say anything but sent me an email with cio contact details. The 2nd agent took my details and told my application was sent back on the 6th of March. I asked her the reason and she told due to the cap has reached. I know my Noc is cold so I again asked if its the sub cap or overall cap. She replied overall cap. My application was received by Donnie on the 29/12/14 at 9.36am. But somewhere in the forum I saw 30/12/14 applicant got charged. How fair CIC is playing if its supposed to be FIFO? Any way would wait to believe it. Have to complete EE profile now. My calculated score is 408. Lets see what happens. Best of luck to everyone. Thanks for supporting me through.

enghope

Dec 19, 2014
They reported overall cap reached for other Nocs that applied in December and most application returned on March 6th but they didn't mention when.Please try to call CIC and get updates I will try aswel.

nina84

Jan 12, 2015
ON, Canada
NOC Code......
PhD stream (NOC 2123)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-12-2015
AOR Received.
---
File Transfer...
---
Med's Request
---
VISA ISSUED...
---
LANDED..........
---
I called and they gave me the exact same stuff they did before. You sent your app earlier, did you try calling?

enghope said:
They reported overall cap reached for other Nocs that applied in December and most application returned on March 6th but they didn't mention when.Please try to call CIC and get updates I will try aswel.

NEWMANMAN

Oct 27, 2014
nina84 said:
Good morning every one!
Just saw some one named "farzanaisme" post this today in another group. I will call CIC today, lets share all the info please!

Hi the tailenders,
Bringing a bad news. Just got of the phone with CIC. I rang twice - the 1st agent didn't say anything but sent me an email with cio contact details. The 2nd agent took my details and told my application was sent back on the 6th of March. I asked her the reason and she told due to the cap has reached. I know my Noc is cold so I again asked if its the sub cap or overall cap. She replied overall cap. My application was received by Donnie on the 29/12/14 at 9.36am. But somewhere in the forum I saw 30/12/14 applicant got charged. How fair CIC is playing if its supposed to be FIFO? Any way would wait to believe it. Have to complete EE profile now. My calculated score is 408. Lets see what happens. Best of luck to everyone. Thanks for supporting me through.
Did you call CIC? I called them and they told me you have to wait! please update if you have called them. thank you

NEWMANMAN

Oct 27, 2014
enghope said:
Did you call CIC? I called them and they told me you have to wait! please update if you have called them. thank you

doc_mady

Star Member
Dec 12, 2014
come on guys, you don't have to worry that much. We have nothing to do now but wait. Don't worry too much about the outcome. Just live your life happily :)
If the overall cap has been reached, we would have received our files by now. If they are not planning to take any more PhD students, then we would have also received our files by now.
As long as we didn't get our files back from CIC, then our applications are still in the game. Just forget about your PR applications for a while, and give the CIC all the time they need. Again, if our applications will be rejected, our worries won't change that fact :)
Live happily and keep us updated if you get to know something.
Cheers,
Mohamed