+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

All AORs received in April 2015, lets connect here and share updates & timelines

ashrafgk

Star Member
Jun 23, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
To those who got "background check in progress" today .. did you guys receive an email from CIC saying there was an update or did it just update by itself without notification?

Barista

Jun 5, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 23 2015
Doc's Request.
(Celpip) 15 05 15
AOR Received.
15 05 15
Hi guys, i want to ask you about your offer of employment, is your offer letter from your employer mentioned that the job their offering is permanent? Just worried, just read in other forum that her application got refused because her employer forgot to write that they will keep her evev after the PR.

hulahoop

Feb 19, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-01-2015
AOR Received.
13-02-2015
IELTS Request
12-06-2015
sanket.41 said:
congrats Fl-pie you will see ppr this week... then its my turn hope fully next week :D I have submitted my application April 19 Ecas 3 lines" Aplication recieved "
Is that the pattern then? BG in progress = PPR that week? Because mine finally changed to in progress yesterday.

I got a phantom email on Saturday and saw the change yesterday afternoon.

fonteynb

Star Member
Feb 5, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-04-2015
AOR Received.
24-04-2015
Med's Done....
16-03-2015
Passport Req..
24-07-2015
hulahoop said:
Is that the pattern then? BG in progress = PPR that week? Because mine finally changed to in progress yesterday.

I don't think this is a pattern. My BG in progress is already like this since May 5th (together with medicals passed and ECAS 3 lines)
I submitted my app on April 4th. Since the update on May 5th, nothing has changed.

AshesNdust

Jan 4, 2015
Barista said:
Hi guys, i want to ask you about your offer of employment, is your offer letter from your employer mentioned that the job their offering is permanent? Just worried, just read in other forum that her application got refused because her employer forgot to write that they will keep her evev after the PR.
I had my HR manager write a cover letter for my letter in which he actually wrote that the offer is for a fulltime permanent position. Hopefully, that is clear enough for them! I'm concerned as well. If I end up getting PR, I'll make sure I post what might said to help out others.
It seems like people who are getting rejected because of the the job seem not to actually have permanent positions or at least their contracts don't say it's permanent. It doesn't matter if you have a LMIA, that doesn't imply or state you have a permanent job offer. Many jobs get LMIAs that are short term. So, your contract must specifically state fulltime and permanent or staff position. It cannot have an end date listed on it.

Panka79

Star Member
Apr 11, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hulahoop said:

According to the Seniors when ECAS changes to in "process" is, when you can expect ppr, but then some says that changes when they asking for additional documents. And my background is in progress since May 5 no news
I try to read the forum less so I dont freak myself out with all the different patterns :D
Application submitted April 5 inland CEC
Medical passed, BC in progress since May 5
Ecas 3 lines wrong dates

Barista

Jun 5, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 23 2015
Doc's Request.
(Celpip) 15 05 15
AOR Received.
15 05 15
AshesNdust said:
I had my HR manager write a cover letter for my letter in which he actually wrote that the offer is for a fulltime permanent position. Hopefully, that is clear enough for them! I'm concerned as well. If I end up getting PR, I'll make sure I post what might said to help out others.
It seems like people who are getting rejected because of the the job seem not to actually have permanent positions or at least their contracts don't say it's permanent. It doesn't matter if you have a LMIA, that doesn't imply or state you have a permanent job offer. Many jobs get LMIAs that are short term. So, your contract must specifically state fulltime and permanent or staff position. It cannot have an end date listed on it.
Thanks.. Mine was not mentioned that the offer is permanent,, my consultant said it is ok,, but now that i saw some refusal because of that it makes me feel anxious,, worried! I really wanna know whats going on to my application,, haiiii! :'(

fl_pie

Jan 13, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
10-04-2015
YamPower said:
FL_PIE, Is your ECAS at Application Received or In Process?
At that moment, it was already "In process" for about a week.

fl_pie

Jan 13, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
10-04-2015
ashrafgk said:
To those who got "background check in progress" today .. did you guys receive an email from CIC saying there was an update or did it just update by itself without notification?
In my case, there was no email.

fl_pie

Jan 13, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
10-04-2015
I received PPR today! The only downside is that the generic letter says to mail the passport to Ottawa, but I'm from outside Canada. Sent them an email asking for a different VO, as instructed in the letter, waiting for their reply.

PandaSi

Apr 16, 2015
fl_pie said:
I received PPR today! The only downside is that the generic letter says to mail the passport to Ottawa, but I'm from outside Canada. Sent them an email asking for a different VO, as instructed in the letter, waiting for their reply.
Congratulations!! I want to know did they ask u any additonal documents? :)

esantos

Jan 30, 2015
Toronto, Canada
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-Apr-2015
AOR Received.
13-Apr-2015
File Transfer...
12-May-2015
Med's Done....
07-Apr-2015
Passport Req..
23-Jul-2015
VISA ISSUED...
29-Jul-2015
LANDED..........
07-Aug-2015
fl_pie said:
Congratulations fl_pie!!!

fl_pie

Jan 13, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
10-04-2015
PandaSi said:
Congratulations!! I want to know did they ask u any additonal documents? :)
Thank you! No, they didn't, thankfully.