+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Algonquin college

bringiton

May 25, 2014
Yes, i will be going to Algonquin College too.. Paid my First semester fees. Will apply for the visa at the end of this month..

Please update about yourself

bringiton

May 25, 2014
I have applied for Organisational Quality Management Programme. Its an PGD, 8 months programme with a 3-4 months of work placement. so total,its a 1 year programme.

Tell me about yourself? Which course have you applied for?.. and what about the accomodation?

Are you opting for Algonquin Residence or offcampus residence?>?

selimulated

Star Member
Apr 6, 2014
me too i'm getting a post grad web design and developing ( interactive media ) program for about 9 month no co-op, i didn't find any room yet but i'd like to have some one i know before getting to a tottal stranger maybe we can rent an apartment for our own
can you send me your email or fb?

waitingforfi

Feb 25, 2014
I am not/was never a student at Algonquin College, but I did live in Ottawa for several years as an international student. It's a nice city. I haven't lived there for a couple years now but would be happy to answer any general questions about the city if you're in need.

selimulated

Star Member
Apr 6, 2014
waitingforfi said:
I am not/was never a student at Algonquin College, but I did live in Ottawa for several years as an international student. It's a nice city. I haven't lived there for a couple years now but would be happy to answer any general questions about the city if you're in need.
thanks allot, how much the rent shouldn't exceed if with mates?

bringiton

May 25, 2014
waitingforfi said:
Thank you waitingforfi for your input. I was wondering what would be the minimum rent for accomodation near algonquin college .

waitingforfi

Feb 25, 2014
Great questions re: rent.

Most students can find apartments by looking at http://ottawa.en.craigslist.ca/apa/ or ottawa.kijiji.ca. Those are the two main web sites where apartments in Ottawa are listed.

Rent varies a bit in Ottawa depending where in the city you want to live. Rent prices tend to go up a bit just before school begins because the demand is higher. Algonquin College is not near the city center and I never lived out that way, but I remember seeing monthly rent at around $750 per month for one-bedroom apartments. Public transportation (called OC Transpo) is a bit expensive, but there are routes around Algonquin College to take you wherever you need to go if you live farther away from the college. You will want to talk to someone at Algonquin College about whether they still have access to the OC Transpo Student Pass; that is by far the cheapest option for you.

If you decide to live with other students, the costs can be reduced even further. It is not uncommon for 2-bedroom apartments to rent for $1,100, 3-bedroom apartments to rent for $1,300 and so on. One year I rented a house in the downtown "Centreville" neighborhood with 4 other people (students and professionals) and my rent was $350 per month.

If you have any other questions, I'd be happy to try and answer!