+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

A'Levels and ACCA Equivalency through WES

TahaSiddiqui

Mar 11, 2020
Hello,
I was in the process of getting my documents submitted to WES back in February and it was going smooth until the lockdown.
Firstly because WES did not accept my ACCA award certificate saying that it does not have the passing date on it. If anyone knows which certificate to send them please let me know. Is it RQF4 certificate?
Secondly, the ACCA certificate was the only pending document in my list which I was figuring out what to do about, recently I got an email from WES saying that there are now two documents missing, the other one is Advanced Subsidiary level certificate.
I sent them my A levels final certificate and that is what they only asked for. Suddenly they added this other certificate too.
What should I do? I paid quite a lot in GBP for my documents to be delivered to WES.
The Cambridge is not currently issuing certificates due to the pandemic.
Please help me.

Islander216

Champion Member
Nov 27, 2019
If you already have the ACCA, you don't need to submit the A levels, it doesn't help you by giving you additional points, it will just be assessed as a high school certificate.. You'll get equivalent to 4 year bachelor's degree for ACCA and only points for that according to the CRS criteria.

I would tell WES you don't want the A levels assessed, and just concentrate on the ACCA.

You should submit:

ACCA status report (transcript)
ACCA award certificate stating you have completed the professional level.
ACCA membership certificate (if you're a member)

TahaSiddiqui

Mar 11, 2020
If you already have the ACCA, you don't need to submit the A levels, it doesn't help you by giving you additional points, it will just be assessed as a high school certificate.. You'll get equivalent to 4 year bachelor's degree for ACCA and only points for that according to the CRS criteria.

I would tell WES you don't want the A levels assessed, and just concentrate on the ACCA.

You should submit:

ACCA status report (transcript)
ACCA award certificate stating you have completed the professional level.
ACCA membership certificate (if you're a member)
Thanks for your response. WES did ask for my A Levels documents by itself. Cambridge provides a single certificate of AS and A level (both years) and I already have submitted that to WES, which is also accepted. Now, suddenly WES is asking for AS (first year) certificate separately. I don't know who to contact or how to provide them with this as Cambridge does not provide separate AS level certificate.

TahaSiddiqui

Mar 11, 2020
To be specific, this is what WES is asking me now, However I have already provided them with the complete A'levels certificate issued by Cambridge which they have accepted too. Now where do I get this issued from?

"Appropriate External Examining Authority, United Kingdom
1. Examination Results, General Certificate of Education, Advanced Subsidiary Level"

Islander216

Champion Member
Nov 27, 2019
I see, interesting.

When i got my ACCA evaluated they didn't ask me for it, but it could be because i submitted my degree as well.

So you did the AS and A level exam?

I remember receiving an AS certificate, but once you've completed the A level i don't think they re-issue them. They will just give you the A level certificate.

I guess you can request Cambridge for an examination statement, which is like a statement of results which they stamp.

They usually provide this if you've lost your certificate, This is the best you will get i think, WES will accept it i think.

TahaSiddiqui

Mar 11, 2020
Yeah I also submitted my BS Honors certificate which got accepted. Still they asked for my A levels certificate. Cambridge did send WES my statement of results and a certificate which clearly mentioned both, AS and A level on the top. I don't really know who are they referring to as the appropriate external examining authority. I have emailed the University of Cambridge, lets see what they respond.

TahaSiddiqui

Mar 11, 2020
The good news is that I uploaded my ACCA certificate yesterday through WES application and it got accepted. Now I am only left with this one certificate I mentioned.

Reactions: Islander216

Islander216

Champion Member
Nov 27, 2019
They're verifying if you had the minimum entry requirements for the ACCA.

It's a bit ridiculous, obviously the ACCA would verify this before you were allowed to register.