Passport Req..
14-AUG-2012
VISA ISSUED...
31st- Oct - 2012
LANDED..........
15th Nov 2012
REFER TO THE LATEST OPERATIONAL INSTRUCTION BELOW

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/bulletins/2012/ob262C.asp

Students joining study after 31st Aug 2012, technically Classes starting after 31st Aug 2012, students of ineligible institutes in BC will not be issued Post Graduate Work permit after completion of course.

My humble request to read the information provided in link above carefully if you have applied to courses in BC.

Thanks

hell911

Champion Member
Apr 10, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Re: ALERT INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS ENROLLING IN ANY COURSE AFTER 31stAUG, 2012

does this refer only to British Columbia cities or also Toronto?

world.citizen

Star Member
May 24, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-07-2012
IELTS Request
Med's Done....
10-07-2012
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
20-07-2012
LANDED..........
Soon!

@Jitu1011: How much did you score on your IELTS reading? :D

H

HBK

Jitu1011 said:

Students joining study after 31st Aug 2012, technically Classes starting after 31st Aug 2012, will not be issued Post Graduate Work permit after completion of course.

My humble request to all international students please consider this factor before landing to canada, we have seen turbulent changes in immigration rules since 2006 and drastically students landed in 2008 and after facing very hard times in Canada due to policy changes every year.

The information provided in link above is very crucial for students coming to canada with expectations of getting PR, please read carefully and review.

Thanks

Jitender
Ha.....ha....
its for private institutions.

mfm

May 13, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

What i understand this does not apply on University students! correct me if i am wrong!

cheif

Feb 5, 2012

o pagal tum ny dara he dia.
andhy ho ya meaning nhe ata

E

Elect_Engr

Some people can die reading a post like this...

H

HBK

Elect_Engr said:
Some people can die reading a post like this...
ha........ha............ha..........
right.. even some can't sleep properly. :p :p :p :p

H

HBK

Jitu1011 said:

Students joining study after 31st Aug 2012, technically Classes starting after 31st Aug 2012, will not be issued Post Graduate Work permit after completion of course.

My humble request to all international students please consider this factor before landing to canada, we have seen turbulent changes in immigration rules since 2006 and drastically students landed in 2008 and after facing very hard times in Canada due to policy changes every year.

The information provided in link above is very crucial for students coming to canada with expectations of getting PR, please read carefully and review.

Thanks

Jitender
you need to read again.
international students graduating from designated private post-secondary institutions in British Colombia.

College of Communication Arts, Business & Technology; Ashton College; Canadian Tourism College; Centre for Arts and Technology; Eton College; Greystone College; John Casablancas Institute of Applied Arts; MTI Community College; Omni College; Pacific Audio Visual Institute; Pacific Institute of Culinary Arts; Pacific Rim Early Childhood Institute; Sprott-Shaw Community College; Stenberg College; Universal Learning Institute; Brighton College; Vancouver Film School; Vancouver Institute of Media Arts.

these are blacklisted in BC from now

sak78

Star Member
Feb 22, 2012

cheif said:
o pagal tum ny dara he dia.
andhy ho ya meaning nhe ata
Dear Mr.Chief

dont waste your time , go and give your details , help your pakistani brothers , dont be scared

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/suggestion-for-pakistani-students-please-read-it-t106019.60.html

E

Elect_Engr

Your intention is good. And I agree with the general direction of what you are pointing at. Having said that, you could have been more specific and provided all this detail in the very first post. Your following matter-of-fact kind of declaration was not very accurate.

"Students joining study after 31st Aug 2012, technically Classes starting after 31st Aug 2012, will not be issued Post Graduate Work permit after completion of course."

Jitu1011

Aug 23, 2011
Toronto, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-05-2012
Doc's Request.
Reached Sydney 18-05-2012/ PER 4 June 2012
AOR Received.
20-JUNE-2012
IELTS Request
7.5 (Sent with application)
File Transfer...
20-June-2012
Med's Request
14-AUG-2012
Med's Done....
25-AUG-2012/ Medical Line updated on Ecas 7Oct2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
14-AUG-2012
VISA ISSUED...
31st- Oct - 2012
LANDED..........
15th Nov 2012

hell911 said:
does this refer only to British Columbia cities or also Toronto?
This is Operational Manual which VISA officer has to consider while making decisions for PGWP application, this amendment is introduced in province of BC rite now. We can expect such amendments in Ontario as well, there are lot of colleges in Ontario also who may not qualify as per EAQ standards.

Inam89

Champion Member
Feb 23, 2012
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
Yes
IELTS Request
Med's Done....
Yes

Jitu1011 said:
Thanks

Jitender
You scared the pants off of me :mad: . This post is informative but is somehow misleading.

1. This is for the province of British Columbia only (BC)

2. It is for students graduating from Private Post-Secondary Institutions.

3. Background: (OB 262-B)
a. In February 2011, CIC has extended the list of eligible private, post-secondary institutions participating to additional institutions that have received “Education Quality Assurance” (EQA). This has resulted in eight ( 8 ) additional institutions being eligible to participate in this 2 years pilot program. (Jan 31 2011 to Jan 31 2013)
b. It was a test project to evaluate the performance of new institutes included in the list. Failure to comply with EQA, IRPA, will result in disqualification and the graduates will not be eligible for WP (PGWP). However, all applications received by CIC before the date of the EQA revocation, will be processed accordingly.
c. WP issued under this pilot is valid for same duration as PGWP issued by CIC.
d. Eligible Participants:
Note: All of the general eligibility criteria, conditions of the work permit (WP) and processing procedures that apply to the existing PGWPP also apply to this pilot project.
i) Must have graduated from one of the EQA-designated private post-secondary institutions in the Province of British Columbia
ii) Must have completed a program of study that is at least eight months in length and received a degree, diploma or certificate upon completion. Furthermore, only career training programs will qualify for this pilot. General interest courses, or programs of study that consist primarily of English or French as a Second Language instruction will not qualify.

4. Changes made under this bulletin (OB 262-C)
a. Though the program will end on Jan 31 2013 however, International students accepted into programs of study at participating institutions after August 31, 2012 will not be eligible to participate in the pilot.
b. The list of participating institutions has been revised; it excludes degree-granting institutions.
c. This pilot has been limited to only private post-secondary institutions that deliver non-degree career training programs of eight months or longer, and that received their Education Quality Assurance (EQA).
d. All degree-granting institutions, with the exception of one, have been removed from the previous list of eligible institutions

More detail on the following links:
Source: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/bulletins/2011/ob262B.asp (OB 262B)
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/bulletins/2012/ob262C.asp (OB 262 C)

P.S.
i) Don't make student tense, first understand and simplify the issue and then publish a post.

ii) Man I never felt as tense even before my exam as I felt during reading this post of yours.

iii) Guys chill out 8), nothing to worry about. Apply to good colleges and universities.

Jitu1011

Aug 23, 2011
Toronto, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-05-2012
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
20-JUNE-2012
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
20-June-2012
Med's Request
14-AUG-2012
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
14-AUG-2012
VISA ISSUED...
31st- Oct - 2012
LANDED..........
15th Nov 2012

Elect_Engr said:
Your intention is good. And I agree with the general direction of what you are pointing at. Having said that, you could have been more specific and provided all this detail in the very first post. Your following matter-of-fact kind of declaration was not very accurate.

"Students joining study after 31st Aug 2012, technically Classes starting after 31st Aug 2012, will not be issued Post Graduate Work permit after completion of course."
Brother

I understand that the tempo is misrepresented the information, but actually the readers are looking information to the extent which is limited to their case. I write it after reading the first few paragraphs and forwarded it to expert to provide insight and in mean time to send alert forum users created this discussion thread.

My heartiest apologies

Jitu1011

Aug 23, 2011
Toronto, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-05-2012
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
20-JUNE-2012
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
20-June-2012
Med's Request
14-AUG-2012
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
14-AUG-2012
VISA ISSUED...
31st- Oct - 2012
LANDED..........
15th Nov 2012

Inam89 said:
You scared the pants off of me :mad: . This post is informative but is somehow misleading.

1. This is for the province of British Columbia only (BC)

2. It is for students graduating from Private Post-Secondary Institutions.

3. Background: (OB 262-B)
a. In February 2011, CIC has extended the list of eligible private, post-secondary institutions participating to additional institutions that have received “Education Quality Assurance” (EQA). This has resulted in eight (8) additional institutions being eligible to participate in this 2 years pilot program. (Jan 31 2011 to Jan 31 2013)
b. It was a test project to evaluate the performance of new institutes included in the list. Failure to comply with EQA, IRPA, will result in disqualification and the graduates will not be eligible for WP (PGWP). However, all applications received by CIC before the date of the EQA revocation, will be processed accordingly.
c. WP issued under this pilot is valid for same duration as PGWP issued by CIC.
d. Eligible Participants:
Note: All of the general eligibility criteria, conditions of the work permit (WP) and processing procedures that apply to the existing PGWPP also apply to this pilot project.
i) Must have graduated from one of the EQA-designated private post-secondary institutions in the Province of British Columbia
ii) Must have completed a program of study that is at least eight months in length and received a degree, diploma or certificate upon completion. Furthermore, only career training programs will qualify for this pilot. General interest courses, or programs of study that consist primarily of English or French as a Second Language instruction will not qualify.

4. Changes made under this bulletin (OB 262-C)
a. Though the program will end on Jan 31 2013 however, International students accepted into programs of study at participating institutions after August 31, 2012 will not be eligible to participate in the pilot.
b. The list of participating institutions has been revised; it excludes degree-granting institutions.
c. This pilot has been limited to only private post-secondary institutions that deliver non-degree career training programs of eight months or longer, and that received their Education Quality Assurance (EQA).
d. All degree-granting institutions, with the exception of one, have been removed from the previous list of eligible institutions

More detail on the following links:
Source: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/bulletins/2011/ob262B.asp (OB 262B)
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/bulletins/2012/ob262C.asp (OB 262 C)

P.S. Don't make student tense, first understand and simplify the issue and then publish a post.

THANKS INAM

Thanks for posting detailed information, even I was shocked ot read the first few paragraphs of Bulletin Amendment, it was very difficult to assess the reference at first sight.