Alberta Immigrant Nominee Program (H1B Holders) CIC Process

nix1

Nov 16, 2008
USA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Jay007 said:
Friends,

Today I receive my nomination in mail. My number is -278.
the nomination date is Dec 29th.

Thank You each and every in this forum from helping me.
Congrats! what date did they receive your application at the AINP office?

ingegarcia

Jun 19, 2008
Edmonton
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
28-01-2010
Thanks dnataraj! I came back from my home country yesterday and I mailed my application to Buffalo Today.... they'll get them tomorrow and hopefully this step will be fast... :))

Did anyone start looking for a job in Alberta? I am going to start applying and I wanted to see if anyone has some comments/tips/experiences related

BTW I hope everyone had Happy Holidays !

dnataraj said:
Inge,
I don't remember I mentioned NOC anywhere. I feel once you have PNP nomination only thing CIC will check is security and health records. So you are almost done!!!

-dna

toledoresident

Star Member
Jul 31, 2008
Hello All,

As many of us are moving towards final stage of getting PR through PNP, it is high time to start discussing job situation in Alberta. I created seperate thread to start discussing the same.

I will appreciate if everyone in this forum start participating in below thread.

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/alberta-pnp-job-search-planning-t13804.0.html

Thanks,
TR

nirajkakadiya

Jan 14, 2009
Hi

My name is niraj from US and basically fom India.

Can you tell me that I have received PCC from PSI, so is that acceptable for CIC.

ALSO Do you know how long take time Buffalo embassy for specialy who has received approval from Province nominee.

shocky

Dec 26, 2008
actually if you read the how to complete the forms, it specifically mentions that you should write the name and DOB of the applicant and the date of birth on the envelope. So i am a little concerned.

"Photos
Ask a photographer to provide you with a set of photos of yourself and each of your family members
included in your application, whether they will be accompanying you or not. The required number of
photos for each individual is indicated in Appendix A, under Photos.
Photos must comply with specifications given in Appendix C, Photo Specifications. Make sure you
give a copy of these specifications to the photographer.
• On the back of one photo (and only one) in each set, write the name and date of birth of the
person appearing in the photo as well as the date the photo was taken.
Enclose each set of photos in separate envelopes. Write the family member’s name, date of
birth and relationship to you on the corresponding envelope and close the envelope with a
paper clip.

• Photos must not be stapled, scratched, bent or bear any ink marks.

strawberry1009

Jul 22, 2008
Did you get this instruction on the website or the from the documents sent to you by the AINP office? The document i have from the office do not have these lines...the website does though.

Anyway, I do not suppose this will be reason to return your application...if you have 7 family members and it will be hard to look through 28 photos I guess the person processing it will have to give more effort but I do not see it as grounds for them to return.

Senior members, any opinion?

shocky said:
actually if you read the how to complete the forms, it specifically mentions that you should write the name and DOB of the applicant and the date of birth on the envelope. So i am a little concerned.

"Photos
Ask a photographer to provide you with a set of photos of yourself and each of your family members
included in your application, whether they will be accompanying you or not. The required number of
photos for each individual is indicated in Appendix A, under Photos.
Photos must comply with specifications given in Appendix C, Photo Specifications. Make sure you
give a copy of these specifications to the photographer.
• On the back of one photo (and only one) in each set, write the name and date of birth of the
person appearing in the photo as well as the date the photo was taken.
Enclose each set of photos in separate envelopes. Write the family member's name, date of
birth and relationship to you on the corresponding envelope and close the envelope with a
paper clip.

• Photos must not be stapled, scratched, bent or bear any ink marks.

Harry2500

Star Member
Nov 13, 2008
Hello every one,
Can any one tell who applied for CIC

1)In CIC forms they require $550 processing fee , Is it US or CAD
2)For Acknowledgement do we need to fax only that specific peace of paper or need to send the whole invitation along with acknowledgment form

Harry

ingegarcia

Jun 19, 2008
Edmonton
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
28-01-2010
For #1 it is $550 Canadian Dollars... I got a draft check in Bank Of America in Canadian Currency because I did not want to bother about the conversion to American dollars.

For #2 I only fax that specific piece of paper...

Harry2500 said:
Hello every one,
Can any one tell who applied for CIC

1)In CIC forms they require $550 processing fee , Is it US or CAD
2)For Acknowledgement do we need to fax only that specific peace of paper or need to send the whole invitation along with acknowledgment form

Harry

KrisR

Star Member
Dec 10, 2008
Hi Folks ,

I have a question on the Permananent Residence to Canada Generic Application (IM 008) . I am single but in my application for family details , i have included details on mother ,father and brother ( Though i plan to immigrate alone ) . I do not think it was needed ( based on the discussion in the forum) .

Now the question is , can i allow it to be the same ( have those details ,which would be really good) , or should i send out a new form to Alberta (with blanks on the Family details) . If i do need to send out a new one , what is the process ? I personally think that this might not affect my nomination but if i do send the CIC forms , it will delay the nomination date.
Members, your responses would be much appreciated. God bless.

Regards,
Kris

manianz47 said:
Hello bendjoe

Probably Non-Accompanying Family members declaration(Check-List item 10) applies to Your Spouse and Children (not to your Parents/Siblings)

More from Senior members...

Tapak

Oct 13, 2007
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
shocky said:
i got a question if you dont mind, i got my invitation to apply for cic in december, sent my application on the 29th of december to buffalo, one thing i missed, i put the photos with the name and DOB in an envelope, but i forgot to write my name and DOB on the envelope, however stapled it to my second page of the generic app. do you guys think it will come back.? thanks
I have done the same. I sent all pics of self and family members, wrote name and DOB on back, enclosed in single envelope. I hope this wouldn't be a reason to return my application. I will keep you posted if I hear otherwise.

Taps

bendjoe

Aug 23, 2008
Tapak said:
shocky said:
i got a question if you dont mind, i got my invitation to apply for cic in december, sent my application on the 29th of december to buffalo, one thing i missed, i put the photos with the name and DOB in an envelope, but i forgot to write my name and DOB on the envelope, however stapled it to my second page of the generic app. do you guys think it will come back.? thanks
I have done the same. I sent all pics of self and family members, wrote name and DOB on back, enclosed in single envelope. I hope this wouldn't be a reason to return my application. I will keep you posted if I hear otherwise.

Taps
If you are single you are the only person in the family(that was my first thought, so I did not sent those details to AINP. After seeing some posts I got confused on whether I should have added my parents to the family details page.So I asked a few of my friends who got PR). If you add Parents and siblings to the family that should also work, but you have to sent some stuff(paperwork) stating that the family members mentioned will not be accompanying you to Canada.

Tapak

Oct 13, 2007
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Jay007 said:
Hi Tapak,Ingi

I have question regarding photo size?
did u guys send photos sharp 35 mm x 45 mm (1 3/8” x 1 3/4”) finished size.
as per buffalo pnp guide instruction

I have photos from CVS 2" x 2",
I read that photos size minimum should be 35 mm x 45 mm (1 3/8” x 1 3/4”) see following link
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/photospecs.asp

so I m confused,I have not sharp size 35 mm x 45 mm (1 3/8” x 1 3/4”), now what to do,do I need to take new photos?
Hi Jay,
I sent pics as specified, 35 mm x 45 mm. You should have given the specification sheet to photographer.
Taps

akk

Sep 2, 2008
Question..

For CIC you just need to send:
-Fee
-FBI criminal background
-Criminal background from your country (translated and notarized)
-Application for CIC (form that they send)
-Nomination document (do we receive it or do they sent it to buffalo?

Anything else??

Thanks,
AKK