+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Air Ticket return or One Way?

Yasmin1982

Mar 4, 2011
Hi

My wedding is in June this year so just budgeting on leaving London should I buy a ONE way ticket - as after wedding my husband will apply for PR for me. Is it necessary to tell the border officer I'm here in Canada as I'm getting married? as this will surly send me to a secondary interview - Canadian border officers are scary.

Yasmin1982

Mar 4, 2011
on telling the CB officer I'm here to get married will they send me to a secondary?

i'm a uk citizen so a visa to visit is not needed as a tourist - but I'll be arriving for my wedding that is already set will they pull me to a secondary - really worried in case they don't let me in - and my wedding would be ruined :(

This is my 4th trip to canada in a year and I've always left on time but I've spent more then 6 months in the year in canada - will this be a issue? and I've been back and forth visiting him in Canada

I was supported by my " husband to be " we had set this wedding date 2 years ago

Line.a

Champion Member
Nov 23, 2010
Denmark
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-02-13
AOR Received.
27-02-13
Med's Request
08-02-14
Med's Done....
15-03-14
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
Waived!
VISA ISSUED...
OWP: 25-02-14
LANDED..........
23-07-14
you will most likely be sent to a secondary. i've spent over 6 months like you have and i went out for a 5th trip to stay for 3 months but i made it through.. all i did was explaining exactly why i'm here, how long i'm here for and the officer explained me why i was pulled to secondary. just be honest it's the best you can do! i got through it with limited stay.. it's never fun i knew i was going to be sent to secondary and get a "friendly warning" i'm not trying to be a downer but that's what i've experienced. wish you good luck i hope you get in! :)

and just to mention. don't volunteer any information that you think might cause an issue unless necessary.

Yasmin1982

Mar 4, 2011
so they might not let me in - even through we have paid deposits on all venues for the wedding? everything arranged

if they give me a limited stay how would that work when my husband would apply for PR after we get married?

should I say I'm here as I'm getting married to the officer - as the questions goes - whats your reason for visiting canada?

here to see boyfriend/finace

here because I'm get married in the month? - iF I get pulled into secondary I'll be asked why I never said about getting married

I'm really stressed out I'm an honest person and - what if I get turned back my whole wedding would be ruined my husband to be and I would be devastated as would all family members.

stressed

Line.a

Champion Member
Nov 23, 2010
Denmark
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-02-13
AOR Received.
27-02-13
Med's Request
08-02-14
Med's Done....
15-03-14
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
Waived!
VISA ISSUED...
OWP: 25-02-14
LANDED..........
23-07-14
You can always apply to extend your visitor status. Maybe call the CIC in London and tell them your story and see what they say?
I know the stressed feeling and i couldn't imagine what you're going through but you gotta stay calm. Gather as much proof you can get. That's all i can say! Fingers crossed.