+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

AIP Timeline

elfut

Star Member
Jun 6, 2005
British Columbia
Does anyone got a time-line to share (your experience) about when they got AIP and granted a work permit?
We have sent out the application in Oct last year and yet to hear something. 5-6months I see on the website...
maybe some people get it sooner or somewhat.

I have been sitting at home doing nothing, no job (not legal yet!), very depressing and getting broke. How I wish they would change the law for someone who really have the sincerity to live and work and be some help to the society and economy. I think it has been more than 12 months without a job, hence, my IT diploma going to be ancient...

If anyone kindly share some of your experience, we would be very appreciate..
yeah, the key is to be patient.
Thank you :)

RobsLuv

Champion Member
Jul 14, 2008
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Original:14Mar2007; Reprocess began after appeal:26Apr2010
Doc's Request.
Original:9May'07; Reprocess:7May'10
AOR Received.
Original:28Apr'07; Reprocess:26Apr'10
File Transfer...
n/a
Med's Request
Reprocessing:7May2010
Med's Done....
Jun2010
Interview........
n/a
Passport Req..
30Nov2010!!
VISA ISSUED...
31Dec2010!!
LANDED..........
31Jan2011
I haven't heard of anyone getting AIP sooner than the posted timelines - if you look at the processing timelines for CPC-V here you'll notice that they're currently processing applications received through June 29, 2008 . . . so they've actually dropped to 6-7 months time now for first stage approval. That means it's taking them that long just to get through the queue of received aps - first come, first serve - so that they can assess the ap for eligibility for AIP.

SSSK

Dec 29, 2008
I am still waiting and nothing news, I sent application for inland on April.2008 and they dont give any reply, i checked with them for one month ago, and they said that they need more one year to process and ia m still waiting and not allwoed to work or study

elfut

Star Member
Jun 6, 2005
British Columbia
My common-law will be on EI(Employment Insurance) starting April 2009, expecting our baby, and will that have an effect on her eligibility sponsoring me?

Timeline*
Application sent on Oct 2008. (inland app plus change of condition (Work Permit)
Received a call from Immigration asking some questions about my previous job in November 2008. she also asked me if I currently staying in Canada. I said yes. I managed to ask them and was informed it would take 5-6months.
Now, currently waiting.