+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

AIP - Atlantic International Graduation Program job offer.

Jonathan.vr

Feb 15, 2020
Hello.

I'm considering going to study at any of the Atlantic provinces and applying in the future through the AIGP which doesn't require previous work experience, but does require a job offer for at least 1 year after graduating.

My question is, if that job offer which should be from type/levels 0 ,A, B, C has to be in the same field of studies, or can be in a different field ?

Also, what are the options of getting a student VISA if applying to studies in a different field than my actual career?

Thanks in advance.

intl_stu

Oct 4, 2017
Hi,

Please check the following link for clear difference between all the AIPP streams and click on Read more.. to get the details about requirements for education and job requirements.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/atlantic-immigration-pilot/hire-immigrant/requirements.html

To get started, first of all your employer must be designated or willing to apply for designation under AIPP. Secondly, the employer should submit your endorsement application for which you will require IELTS General scores. Processing times may vary from 3 to 16 weeks.

For AIGP, You are eligible if the standard completion time of you degree is 2 years (and you university can give you a degree completion letter stating this) and you have completed it within 24 months from the day you apply for PR (excluding the endorsement process) but you will require a job that will last for at least 1 year from the date you PR application was submitted.

For AHSP, You will require 1560 hours of work experience within last 3 years. For job offer - "The employer is offering you a job that will last for at least 1 year (one year from the time you become a permanent resident). "

For AISP, You will require 1560 hours of work experience within last 3 years. For job offer - "Your employment is permanent, that is, there is no set end date."

You can start the process with IELTS because its valid for 2 years. I would say first wait to see for how long your PGWP is approved for because the process has changed since Feb 2019 and at the same time look for a job with at least 2-3 years time committment or a permanent job(some employers may offer a permanent job) with a designated employer before you start any process. Your job offer duration may also depend on the duration of your work permit (depends on the employer).

Each step beginning endorsement to PR application will take time. At the moment the response to applications in general are delayed. The other route could be wait for 1 year to gain Canadian experience and apply under Express Entry - Canadian Experience Class. You can also contact your provincial immigration office for more details.

For further questions, you can post your queries on the following thread:

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/atlantic-international-graduate-program-aigp-timelines-and-queries.673153/

P.S.: I am not an expert

Jonathan.vr

Feb 15, 2020
Thank you for your help.

Yes, I've been looking at the information about the AIGP. There's something not clear to me about the job offer after graduating from a 2 year program; it doesn't state that it has to be a job in the same field or NOC of my studies, it only states that it has to ve a type/level 0 A,B,C job. So I'm wondering if any job offer on those levels would apply for both AIGP and for the experience required for CEC.

Also. The program was extenden till 2021, so yeah, probably a better option would be CEC since I haven't started the process and I'm still in my home country.