+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

AINP (SRS-Engineering Occupations category)

nimar_023

Star Member
Aug 8, 2014
Hello experts,

If I apply under AINP (SRS-Engineering Occupations category) now, by the time they even start processing my application, my work permit will expire. Then if I go back to my country, will they still consider my application?

Regards

kilas78

Sep 18, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You should apply, do not worry about their processing, and as for your work permit contact AINP and tell them the situation directly they will help you out.

J.I.N

Star Member
Nov 19, 2012
Yes you can apply but they are taking long to process.

Hi All,

Any SRS Engineering stream applicants out there...Applied before Jun/July 2014 and still waiting? I heard engineering stream is faster but doens't really look like....i got file number in Sep but nothing after that yet......

jrgongon

Feb 2, 2015
Philippines
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hi...can i apply to this program even if im not yet in alberta and doesnt have a job offer? i am a civil engineer...the criteria confuses me so kindly enlighten me on this...thanks

J.I.N

Star Member
Nov 19, 2012
Assuming you graduated outside of Alberta, there are two best possible options that you can apply as an engineer

1.) You must be currently residing in Alberta inorder to apply under SRS Engineering.

2.) You must be working full-time in Alberta, at the time of application, for the Alberta employer who is supporting your AINP application in order to apply under Employer driven stream- international.

nimar_023

Star Member
Aug 8, 2014
J.I.N said:
Assuming you graduated outside of Alberta, there are two best possible options that you can apply as an engineer

1.) You must be currently residing in Alberta inorder to apply under SRS Engineering.

2.) You must be working full-time in Alberta, at the time of application, for the Alberta employer who is supporting your AINP application in order to apply under Employer driven stream- international.
For SRS Engineering, do I need to be employed during the processing of the application? I am saying that because I might have a job when I submitted the application but it is a contract job, so it is possible that I don't have the job at the time they start processing my application.

J.I.N

Star Member
Nov 19, 2012
nimar_023 said:
For SRS Engineering, do I need to be employed during the processing of the application? I am saying that because I might have a job when I submitted the application but it is a contract job, so it is possible that I don't have the job at the time they start processing my application.

You must be currently working OR have worked within the last two years in Alberta either directly or on contract for an Alberta Employer.

http://www.albertacanada.com/opportunity/immigrating/ainp-srs-engineering-occupations-criteria.aspx

nimar_023

Star Member
Aug 8, 2014
J.I.N said:
You must be currently working OR have worked within the last two years in Alberta either directly or on contract for an Alberta Employer.

http://www.albertacanada.com/opportunity/immigrating/ainp-srs-engineering-occupations-criteria.aspx
If somebody has got the nomination and at the same time his work permit has expired, will he receive a new work permit?