21-12-2012
Passport Req..
01-03-2013
VISA ISSUED...
25-03-2013
LANDED..........
02-08-2013
Supa my brother! Nice to hear from you.
The other applicant is not an FSW backlog reduction pilot applicant. So I am worried that we may not be getting prioritized as stated. Instead cic seems more interested in issuing open work visas, something seems amiss. But let's give them the benefit of the doubt.

usma

Jun 29, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
25 Sep 2013 at Edmonton
ofonzo said:
No update from my VO. I am starting to think these folks may have a different definition for priority processing.I know a PNP applicant in my VO who got aor after I did and she got MR this past weekend. I am hoping I am not oo far behind. I will keep you guys posted.

How are you guys holding out Jaggu/USMA, Kelly Chan?

Regards

ofonzo
Ofonzo, Vauge
I have made my mind for 1 to 1.5 yrs processing times. Patience is necessary for Canada immigration.

Jaggu, you are near to your MR, Best wishes.

Khan78

Aug 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC-London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
8th NOV-12
Doc's Request.
21st March-13
Nomination.....
18th Sept-12
AOR Received.
28th Jan-13
IELTS Request
Already sent
Med's Request
Not Yet
Passport Req..
Not Yet
VISA ISSUED...
Not Yet
LANDED..........
Not Yet
ofonzo said:
Supa my brother! Nice to hear from you.
The other applicant is not an FSW backlog reduction pilot applicant. So I am worried that we may not be getting prioritized as stated. Instead cic seems more interested in issuing open work visas, something seems amiss. But let's give them the benefit of the doubt.
I have a question in mind, so I wanted to share it.
if one proceeds on WP and God forbid he is unable to get a job in his respective field then whether it will effect his PR case. Pl share you views.

vauge

Nov 1, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Khan78 said:
I have a question in mind, so I wanted to share it.
if one proceeds on WP and God forbid he is unable to get a job in his respective field then whether it will effect his PR case. Pl share you views.
it should be not but it may be :D

vauge

Nov 1, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
usma said:
Ofonzo, Vauge
I have made my mind for 1 to 1.5 yrs processing times. Patience is necessary for Canada immigration.

Jaggu, you are near to your MR, Best wishes.
I think this is best strategy you can have :p

supa

Star Member
Aug 27, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Ontario FSW Backlog PNP on 03/04/2012
Nomination.....
10/10/2012
AOR Received.
20/01/2013
IELTS Request
Submited with Ontario PNP Application
File Transfer...
Pending -
Med's Request
Pending -
Med's Done....
Pending -
Interview........
Pending
Passport Req..
Pending
VISA ISSUED...
Pending
LANDED..........
Pending
Ofonzo my great friend,

that TWP thing get a very big K-leg!!

1. What happens if the PR applications does not come through in two years after landing in canada with TWP that can not be extended.
2. What happens if the PR applications eventually gets rejected after landing in canada with TWP.
3. If CIC is really serious in dealing with the pre Feb-2008 backloggers, why can''t they treat the PR application with same urgency as they want to treat the TWP.

Fingers crossed!!!

supa

Khan78

Aug 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC-London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
8th NOV-12
Doc's Request.
21st March-13
Nomination.....
18th Sept-12
AOR Received.
28th Jan-13
IELTS Request
Already sent
Med's Request
Not Yet
Passport Req..
Not Yet
VISA ISSUED...
Not Yet
LANDED..........
Not Yet
supa said:
Ofonzo my great friend,

that TWP thing get a very big K-leg!!

1. What happens if the PR applications does not come through in two years after landing in canada with TWP that can not be extended.
2. What happens if the PR applications eventually gets rejected after landing in canada with TWP.
3. If CIC is really serious in dealing with the pre Feb-2008 backloggers, why can''t they treat the PR application with same urgency as they want to treat the TWP.

Fingers crossed!!!

supa
Supa I fully agree with you.

Maryam.A

Star Member
Sep 24, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-10-2012
Nomination.....
11-09-2012
AOR Received.
05-12-2012
Med's Request
04-04-2013
Med's Done....
10-04-2013
After being in Canada and working there for 1 year , if your PR application is rejected by any reason you can apply again under the Canadian Experience Class. Of course you

should find a valuable job during your TWP stay.Anyway I think for cases like us (FSW backlog) who waited so long, If your Visa Office processing time is less than one year it's

not worth applying for OPW but for example my Visa Office processing time is 40 month, and I really can't stand another 3 years waiting again, so I prefer to apply for OWP.

Wish luck for everyone

Sep06

Oct 4, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
Feb 2012
Nomination.....
Sep 2012
AOR Received.
Waiting...
Med's Request
Waiting...
Maryam.A said:
After being in Canada and working there for 1 year , if your PR application is rejected by any reason you can apply again under the Canadian Experience Class. Of course you

should find a valuable job during your TWP stay.Anyway I think for cases like us (FSW backlog) who waited so long, If your Visa Office processing time is less than one year it's

not worth applying for OPW but for example my Visa Office processing time is 40 month, and I really can't stand another 3 years waiting again, so I prefer to apply for OWP.

Wish luck for everyone
Dear Maryam, Is there any way for us to apply for the WP? or we have to wait for Alberta to send it to us? As I know they don't have any plans to issue WPs. :(

Maryam.A

Star Member
Sep 24, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-10-2012
Nomination.....
11-09-2012
AOR Received.
05-12-2012
Med's Request
04-04-2013
Med's Done....
10-04-2013
Sep06 said:
Dear Maryam, Is there any way for us to apply for the WP? or we have to wait for Alberta to send it to us? As I know they don't have any plans to issue WPs. :(
Dear Sep
Unfotunately I've heard it too that Alberta hasn't made any decision about issuing WP support letter, but as other provinces has already started sending support letter, there will be hope that Alberta reconsiders its criteria and starts sending the support letter.
have faith.

ofonzo

Nov 12, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra VO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-05-2012
Nomination.....
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
23-10-2012
IELTS Request
18-05-12
Med's Request
26-11-2012
Med's Done....
21-12-2012
Passport Req..
01-03-2013
VISA ISSUED...
25-03-2013
LANDED..........
02-08-2013
Alberta seems to have made the right decision. If CIC agreed to expedited processing with provinces and territories, then CIC should be honorable enough to fulfill its own end of the bargain. On the applicant's side of the deal, WP do not give you full benefits of a resident. If I understand correctly, TW earn far less than PR and don't have access to some financial products and provincial benefits. Applicants need to investigate the entitlements of TWs before jumping on this boat. I am waiting this one out until PR is received.

Regards

Ofonzo

usma

Jun 29, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
25 Sep 2013 at Edmonton
Maryam.A said:

Wish luck for everyone

Right decision by you, go ahead. Best of Luck

usma

Jun 29, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
25 Sep 2013 at Edmonton
ofonzo said:
Alberta seems to have made the right decision. If CIC agreed to expedited processing with provinces and territories, then CIC should be honorable enough to fulfill its own end of the bargain. On the applicant's side of the deal, WP do not give you full benefits of a resident. If I understand correctly, TW earn far less than PR and don't have access to some financial products and provincial benefits. Applicants need to investigate the entitlements of TWs before jumping on this boat. I am waiting this one out until PR is received.

Regards

Ofonzo
You are also right. Stay firm.

vauge

Nov 1, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ofonzo said:

Regards

Ofonzo
Ofonzo, very fruitful thoughts.

ofonzo

Nov 12, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra VO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-05-2012
Nomination.....
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
23-10-2012
IELTS Request
18-05-12
Med's Request
26-11-2012
Med's Done....
21-12-2012
Passport Req..
01-03-2013
VISA ISSUED...
25-03-2013
LANDED..........
02-08-2013
Hello People,

Any new development with regards to your applications? AOR, MR or PPR? ;D

Don't despair, there is light at the end of the tunnel!

ofonzo