+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Agencies that help with OCI application

mahimmk

Oct 4, 2022
Is there any places that charge you a fee and help you do the OCI application. I used to remember there was one next to BLS in brampton but can't remember their name.

akbardxb

Champion Member
Nov 18, 2013
Mississauga
LANDED..........
28-03-2014
Is there any places that charge you a fee and help you do the OCI application. I used to remember there was one next to BLS in brampton but can't remember their name.
It's not that complicated. The vast majority of applicants are able do it on their own.

mahimmk

Oct 4, 2022
the couple of issues I see is needing birth certificate..don't have it...landing paper is no longer issued?....PR card has to be cut at time of citizenship and so not available...how do people get past these?

akbardxb

Champion Member
Nov 18, 2013
Mississauga
LANDED..........
28-03-2014
the couple of issues I see is needing birth certificate..don't have it...landing paper is no longer issued?....PR card has to be cut at time of citizenship and so not available...how do people get past these?
The agent will not get you a birth certificate. You will still have to get one yourself from India. Before we applied for PR in Canada, I got one from the local municipality of my town in India. I didn't have one from the time of my birth.

COPR is still issued. Someone I know just landed, so that is your landing paper.

You can only get OCI once you are a Canadian citizen & have surrendered your Indian Passport; Once you have a Canadian passport, copy of your PR card become irrelevant.

Please send $50 as consulting fee for this advice :D:D

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019

CoorsHeavy

Star Member
Jul 16, 2022
If you were born before 1990 - birth certificate is not required , I remember when applied for my first passport. I have always been able to get away with class 10th marksheet/pss certificate- it has my date of birth. Hope this all still exist