+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Age change after accepting invitation to apply

JustASoul

Feb 3, 2017
What if my age changed after I have accepted the invitation to apply and I am in the process of submitting documents?
On recalculation, the scores seemed to be lesser than the round of application.
Should I just continue submitting the documents or should I reject the invitation?

Also if am supposed to reject, will there be an option for declining after accepting it?

vzoo

Star Member
Feb 17, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
First of all there's no official acknowledgement as accepting ITA, you just file your application and get AOR for application.
Age change is not a problem. See http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/perm/express/refuse.asp
Exemption to section A11.2: candidates whose birthday occurs after they receive an ITA

Reactions: JustASoul

MANVIJ

Jan 30, 2017
Bangalore
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-03-2015
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
03-03-2017
IELTS Request
25-10-2016
Med's Done....
28-02-2017
JustASoul said:
What if my age changed after I have accepted the invitation to apply and I am in the process of submitting documents?
On recalculation, the scores seemed to be lesser than the round of application.
Should I just continue submitting the documents or should I reject the invitation?

Also if am supposed to reject, will there be an option for declining after accepting it?

You can decline your invitation anytime after accepting (accepting here refers to continuing with the PR application as there is no option to accept the button either says continue or decline) before the due date of 90 days.

And Also, you need not worry about your age lowering your CRS, this would be mentioned in your ITA itself. Only Age factor is considered ok when it comes drop in points after issuing ITA, rest like IELTS, marital status will be considered

Reactions: JustASoul