+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

After sending off my application....what's next

Msafiri

Champion Member
Nov 18, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Tashannon said:
So they sent back my application today...:-( said my pics was wrong and the copy of school records was not eligible.......what kind of proof do they need that I speak English? I sent thin my high school diploma....I sent proof of enrolment from college but I guess it was wrong....how do I fix this?
I get the pics may not be to spec...did you take the photo spec to the photographer? Was it a reputable place e.g. Blacks or some mom and pop set up?

I don't get the proof of language concern...CIC asks for copies of secondary or post secondary school transcripts and/or diploma showing completion of a programme or graduation which appears is what they got from you. What Province is your diploma from and what does it say on it? Is the copy you sent clear...they don't meant its not legible do they?

ennaigad

Jan 16, 2013
I sent my application Nov.25,and no response yet...my friend sent her citizenship application oct.25,and she already received something(book?),so i guess let's wait for 2months or so..

scorpion_ca

May 31, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
What else documents did you send with your citizenship application other than mentioned on the document checklist? Thanks!

Chuckra

Jan 14, 2013
Well I also sent my Citizen app on Nov 15...I got a reply 10 days ago, for some more info. My case being over 54 yrs age, I dont need citizen test. language requirements

coolbreeze30

Star Member
Jan 1, 2013
Hohn sorry to hear that your app got returned you have to make sure u tell the person who is taking your pics that they are citizenship photos an not passport size photos you should have gotten the photo specifications with your application papers in the instructions part you should also be able to find it on the cic website, an also make sore you sign the proper part of the photos as indicated in the instructions.
As far as submitting records for school was that a part of the application they told you to submit to them? If not then you should not submit info that the instructions don't tell you to provide

Msafiri

Champion Member
Nov 18, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
coolbreeze30 said:
.......As far as submitting records for school was that a part of the application they told you to submit to them? If not then you should not submit info that the instructions don't tell you to provide
Citizenship applications received by CIC on or after November 1, 2012 must include proof of language (there are exemptions but this requirement is the norm)....secondary and post secondary school records are included in the list of acceptable proofs. It seems the OP submitted what was required but unless we see the school records submitted its not clear why CIC rejected this - so far it appears to be a CIC error but they got the OP on the photos anyway.

Tashannon

Star Member
Jan 13, 2013
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-11-2012
Doc's Request.
14-11-2012
Med's Done....
10-10-2012
Msafiri said:
Citizenship applications received by CIC on or after November 1, 2012 must include proof of language (there are exemptions but this requirement is the norm)....secondary and post secondary school records are included in the list of acceptable proofs. It seems the OP submitted what was required but unless we see the school records submitted its not clear why CIC rejected this - so far it appears to be a CIC error but they got the OP on the photos anyway.

My high school diploma was in Ontario n that's where I am still. Should I send the original? Cause it was a copy I sent them.

My son is 2yrs old do they need proof he is in school/daycare as well?

This is stressing

Msafiri

Champion Member
Nov 18, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Tashannon said:
My high school diploma was in Ontario n that's where I am still. Should I send the original? Cause it was a copy I sent them.

My son is 2yrs old do they need proof he is in school/daycare as well?

This is stressing
Do you mind quoting the text containing the 'diploma not being eligible' I'm getting the impression that the diploma was not 'legible' i.e. copy was not clear enough...don't send originals to CIC unless requested...its not like they will send it back. Do you accept your photos are not to spec?

Tashannon

Star Member
Jan 13, 2013
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-11-2012
Doc's Request.
14-11-2012
Med's Done....
10-10-2012
Msafiri said:
Do you mind quoting the text containing the 'diploma not being eligible' I'm getting the impression that the diploma was not 'legible' i.e. copy was not clear enough...don't send originals to CIC unless requested...its not like they will send it back. Do you accept your photos are not to spec?

It says the photo copy's of school records for yourself(if applicable) and for your dependent children are missing or are illegible. See section "step1 gather documents" in the instruction guide.

I honestly don't know wat they want......the diploma I sent was very very clear

Tashannon

Star Member
Jan 13, 2013
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-11-2012
Doc's Request.
14-11-2012
Med's Done....
10-10-2012
I'm wondering maybe they are not talking about my proof of English cause the diploma speaks for that......maybe they want better proof of the schools I went to hear or do they want a letter from daycare for my son?.... This is confusing I didn't put him on the application because he's not in school. He's in daycare.