Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-11-2012
Doc's Request.
14-11-2012
Med's Done....
10-10-2012
I sent my application off from Nov 14th and until today i have not received any form of acknowledgment from them....

Idk if they got it or if its processing no clue.

What is the standard waiting time before they contact you?

just_do_it

Nov 20, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
the acknowledgement and the book should be sent to you shortly (a month or two) but that does not help much since they wont start processing it for a while (11 months in my case).

depending on your local office, you could be waiting a while before you get done with this gongshow but expect around 2 years for grant of citizenship.

It's always a good idea to send registered mail and keep receipts with proof of delivery

Tashannon

Star Member
Jan 13, 2013
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-11-2012
Doc's Request.
14-11-2012
Med's Done....
10-10-2012
K thank you.

jshahid

Star Member
May 23, 2012
Yeah just sit back and relax for 21 months... Canada does not have capability to be a 1st world country.

Tashannon

Star Member
Jan 13, 2013
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-11-2012
Doc's Request.
14-11-2012
Med's Done....
10-10-2012
jshahid said:
Yeah just sit back and relax for 21 months... Canada does not have capability to be a 1st world country.

Lol, ok...I don't mind waiting cause I'll be in school for the next yr n a half n my lil ones will be starting school....so no rush.

I just wanted to know if they got the dam papers lol.....it's been almost 2 months n nothing not even a letter saying we got your papers now wait 21 months :)

jshahid

Star Member
May 23, 2012
Tashannon said:
Lol, ok...I don't mind waiting cause I'll be in school for the next yr n a half n my lil ones will be starting school....so no rush.

I just wanted to know if they got the dam papers lol.....it's been almost 2 months n nothing not even a letter saying we got your papers now wait 21 months :)
oh that is the fun part, they wont give u any information and will make you wait and guess... I have given up on them, all you can do is just wait and check your status online

just_do_it

Nov 20, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Tashannon said:

you think waiting a couple of months is bad... family class sponsorship takes 2 + years before they even send you an acknowledgement letter that they have received your application.

Like i said, its better if you track your package and keep proof.

EasyRider

Oct 12, 2008
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Tashannon said:
I sent my application off from Nov 14th and until today i have not received any form of acknowledgment from them....
I received acknowledgment letter after almost 3 months since application was received.

Oh, and 21 months processing time is what it was for the completed cases filed years ago. Recently process slowed down even more according to CIC released statistics.

And don't forget, if you get RQ add another 12-48 months (yes, 4 years) on top of that "21 months".

Now, have fun!

I hope to get citizenship before I'll get gray hair growing out of my ears. Probably humanity will colonize Mars by that time.

Tashannon

Star Member
Jan 13, 2013
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-11-2012
Doc's Request.
14-11-2012
Med's Done....
10-10-2012
just_do_it said:
you think waiting a couple of months is bad... family class sponsorship takes 2 + years before they even send you an acknowledgement letter that they have received your application.

Like i said, its better if you track your package and keep proof.
Family class sponsorship isn't that bad I already got approved to sponsor my hubby within one month of sending my application in......n it's being processed in Ottawa so keepin my fingered crossed for that one.

Tashannon

Star Member
Jan 13, 2013
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-11-2012
Doc's Request.
14-11-2012
Med's Done....
10-10-2012
EasyRider said:
I received acknowledgment letter after almost 3 months since application was received.

Oh, and 21 months processing time is what it was for the completed cases filed years ago. Recently process slowed down even more according to CIC released statistics.

And don't forget, if you get RQ add another 12-48 months (yes, 4 years) on top of that "21 months".

Now, have fun!

I hope to get citizenship before I'll get gray hair growing out of my ears. Probably humanity will colonize Mars by that time.
Lol, good luck....n hopefully I get mine before my newborn reaches kindergarten lol

coolbreeze30

Star Member
Jan 1, 2013
Hey man it took me 3 months after I sent my app for me to receive the book an acknowledgement letter an at the time they told me that some people had to wait 8 months before getting it. I saw u mention the Ottawa office I'm not sure if your in Ottawa but I am an I applied 20 months ago an I finally did the test today after so long so as u can see its a long process 8)

Tashannon

Star Member
Jan 13, 2013
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-11-2012
Doc's Request.
14-11-2012
Med's Done....
10-10-2012
coolbreeze30 said:
Hey man it took me 3 months after I sent my app for me to receive the book an acknowledgement letter an at the time they told me that some people had to wait 8 months before getting it. I saw u mention the Ottawa office I'm not sure if your in Ottawa but I am an I applied 20 months ago an I finally did the test today after so long so as u can see its a long process 8)

No that other person was talking about family sponsorship........(don't know why)

I'm talking about citizenship

ofvgard

Star Member
May 6, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo-then CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30/4/2012
AOR Received.
10/8/2012
IELTS Request
sent with Application
Med's Request
28/09/2012
Med's Done....
25/10/2012
Interview........
none
Passport Req..
10/12/2012
VISA ISSUED...
21/12/2012
LANDED..........
13/01/13
And I thought processing of 14 months was long for PR.

I dont understand why it takes so long. 21 months, almost another 2 years. Even if I didnt leave Canada after just recving PR, thats already 3 years. Then if you add the 2 years its borderline expiry that most people would have applied for PR extention. I say the CIC is tryna grab all the money they can lol.

As long as you stayed long enough, didnt commit crimes, pass the knowledge test, I dont see why it cant be processed faster. I mean all the major background/requirements shouldva been done when applying PR.

:'(

Tashannon

Star Member
Jan 13, 2013
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-11-2012
Doc's Request.
14-11-2012
Med's Done....
10-10-2012
ofvgard said:
And I thought processing of 14 months was long for PR.

I dont understand why it takes so long. 21 months, almost another 2 years. Even if I didnt leave Canada after just recving PR, thats already 3 years. Then if you add the 2 years its borderline expiry that most people would have applied for PR extention. I say the CIC is tryna grab all the money they can lol.

As long as you stayed long enough, didnt commit crimes, pass the knowledge test, I dont see why it cant be processed faster. I mean all the major background/requirements shouldva been done when applying PR.

:'(

I agree but hey! What else can we do but wait? Lol......keeping my fingers crossed all goes well for us

Tashannon

Star Member
Jan 13, 2013
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-11-2012
Doc's Request.
14-11-2012
Med's Done....
10-10-2012
So they sent back my application today...:-( said my pics was wrong and the copy of school records was not eligible.......what kind of proof do they need that I speak English? I sent thin my high school diploma....I sent proof of enrolment from college but I guess it was wrong....how do I fix this?