+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

After inland interview do they give you the verdict at that time or...

rich_m0nd

Star Member
Jan 10, 2009
hello kessa,

thanks for your input. i hope mine won't last more than a year. I submitted mine on november 2008. howcome you didn't get AIP? you should've applied for open work permit. my friend already got her PR and she submitted hers 4 days ahead of me. good luck on your interview.

mint

Jun 10, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi rich_m0nd, Kessa and I have very similer situation although she is going way ahead of me :) anyway, when you apply for PR without legal status in family class, you can not apply for open work parmitt till you recieve AIP. We just have to wait, wait, wait... that is why I was wondering if I would get my status(visiter) back after applying for PR... I expect my case would be 2 years or even more, but Kessa is gonna have her intervew soon, so that is good news to me:)

Kessa, thanks! Any information helps me, I will wait for your email.

rich_m0nd

Star Member
Jan 10, 2009
hi mint,

i have a work permit from my refugee status. i submitted my application in november 2008. when did you submit yours? i have a friend who's done with hers in 7 months. she's already a PR. how long have you been waiting for AIP?

mint

Jun 10, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi rich_m0nd, sorry I think I made you confused... I haven't submitted my application yet, I am going to though(in August).
I am going to apply for PR in family class(my husband sponsers me) within Canada, but I have no legal status, so CIC would transfer my case to local office where I live. That is what happened to Kessa, and she has been waiting for more than one year. So I was just guessing from her case. I hope you will hear a good news soon!

Mint

rich_m0nd

Star Member
Jan 10, 2009
mint,

is that a reason why it takes so long? i guess that's one factor. I am a refugee claimant and there was one guy here in the forum who is also a claimant but he got his AIP last may. i submitted my application a month ahead than his. and my friend has her PR already and she submitted her 4 days ahead of me. so i don't know what's going on with the CIC. you don't wanna consider doing outland. it's way faster. i would do that if i am to wait years. i wouldn't have to worry that they would scrutinize me as well. it will probably be done it 6 months.

mint

Jun 10, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello rich_m0nd, yes I strongly believe that is why it takes sooooooo long. My husband and I had considered which way(inland or outland) was the best for us, and we've decided to do inland because the most important thing for us is not to be separated again. We did long distance ralationship for one year, and it really hurt.... I know there are lots of people who are separated from their partners much longer than us... anyway, I expect being called for an intervew because of all my record, and if we submitted outland, I then would have to leave Canada for an intervew to the visa office in my country. Once I leave Canada, I would have a hard time to come back again, and I have no idea how long I would have to wait after an intervew to recieve an answer for PR. That is the problem that I have no status and it would not matter outland or inland, my case would take longer than others to be proceeded.
It is going to be really frustrationg to wait such a long time though... but that is what we have chosen, we will do our best.
I know many people who are from same country, submitted samy way and same time, and recieved an answer for PR in different period. You will hear from them soon, I wish you good luck!!

Mint

kessa

Star Member
Nov 10, 2008
Today is supposed to be my interview at 9 am. Guess what..when we got in the office the lady who will interview us told us that the airconditioning is broken down. It has to be postponed until Friday next week.Whoaaaa...this is suppose to be my day but it is so elusive lol..the catch is she told us that it doesn't matter and our file has no problem. She said she knows we are anxious but she assured me there's no problem with the papers. I hope that everything will be fine though. Thanks for the well wishers.

Kessa

mint

Jun 10, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Kessa! I was almost excited that I thought you updated about your intervew so quickly, but... no way! The airconditioning was broken down...so your intervew was postponed!? I can imagine how much you were disappointed about this!! A good thing what she told you that your file had no problem, then you will be more relaxing when you have a intervew next Friday:)
I keep wishing good luck to you though!

Mint

kessa

Star Member
Nov 10, 2008
Thanks Mint.. Yeah you can't believe my disappointment but maybe she can see it in our face that she assured us that our file has no problem..just try envisioning a well dressed couple early in the morning and the verdict is the "airconditioning broke down sorry come back next week"lol..

Take care.

Kessa