Yes
Nomination.....
10-03-2022
Med's Request
23-03-2022
Med's Done....
24-03-2022
What happens after biometrics?
I had applied for Canada PR in 2021. I got invitation to apply from Ontario on Jan 2022. My medical and biometrics was completed by June 2022. Now its almost a year I havnt heard back from IRCC. Is it normal or too late to respond? Since I haven't heard back from them is it ideal to raise a note CIAPS /GIPS ?

Last edited:

iSaidGoodDay

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2023
Kaneda
I had applied for Canada PR in 2021. I got invitation to apply from Ontario on Jan 2022. My medical and biometrics was completed by June 2022. Now its almost a year I havnt heard back from IRCC. Is it normal or too late to respond? Since I haven't heard back from them is it ideal to raise a note CIAPS /GIPS ?
Not normal unless they decided that you should go through comprehensive security check. Get GCMS/CBSA/etc notes.

Reactions: PYS

Raptor33

May 10, 2020
It is normal to wait several months for a decision on a permanent residency (PR) application. However, if you have not heard back from IRCC after a year, you may want to contact them to inquire about the status of your application.

Here are some things that can happen after you submit your biometrics for a PR application:
  • Your application is approved. This is the best-case scenario. You will receive a confirmation of permanent residence (COPR) and will be able to start living and working in Canada.
  • Your application is refused. If your application is refused, you will receive a letter from IRCC explaining the reason for the refusal. You may be able to appeal the decision.
  • Your application is in process. If your application is in process, IRCC will continue to assess your application and will contact you if they need any additional information.
If you have not heard back from IRCC after a year, you may want to contact them to inquire about the status of your application. You can do this by:
  • Logging into your IRCC account. You can check the status of your application by logging into your IRCC account.
  • Calling IRCC. You can call IRCC at 1-888-628-2722 to inquire about the status of your application.
  • Submitting a webform. You can submit a webform on the IRCC website to inquire about the status of your application.
If you contact IRCC, be sure to have your application number and any other relevant information ready. You may also want to have a copy of your biometrics receipt handy.

If you are still waiting for a decision on your PR application after a year, you may want to consider raising a note CAIPS/GCMS. This will help to ensure that your application is reviewed promptly.

Reactions: PYS and sean468

PYS

May 29, 2023
Nepal
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Canada High Commission, New Delhi
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
Nomination.....
10-03-2022
Med's Request
23-03-2022
Med's Done....
24-03-2022
Not normal unless they decided that you should go through comprehensive security check. Get GCMS/CBSA/etc notes.
Thank you for the information

PYS

May 29, 2023
Nepal
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Canada High Commission, New Delhi
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
Nomination.....
10-03-2022
Med's Request
23-03-2022
Med's Done....
24-03-2022
It is normal to wait several months for a decision on a permanent residency (PR) application. However, if you have not heard back from IRCC after a year, you may want to contact them to inquire about the status of your application.

Here are some things that can happen after you submit your biometrics for a PR application:
  • Your application is approved. This is the best-case scenario. You will receive a confirmation of permanent residence (COPR) and will be able to start living and working in Canada.
  • Your application is refused. If your application is refused, you will receive a letter from IRCC explaining the reason for the refusal. You may be able to appeal the decision.
  • Your application is in process. If your application is in process, IRCC will continue to assess your application and will contact you if they need any additional information.
If you have not heard back from IRCC after a year, you may want to contact them to inquire about the status of your application. You can do this by:
  • Logging into your IRCC account. You can check the status of your application by logging into your IRCC account.
  • Calling IRCC. You can call IRCC at 1-888-628-2722 to inquire about the status of your application.
  • Submitting a webform. You can submit a webform on the IRCC website to inquire about the status of your application.
If you contact IRCC, be sure to have your application number and any other relevant information ready. You may also want to have a copy of your biometrics receipt handy.

If you are still waiting for a decision on your PR application after a year, you may want to consider raising a note CAIPS/GCMS. This will help to ensure that your application is reviewed promptly.
Thank you for the info