+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

After application going back to home country for 2 months

BD2014

May 24, 2014
Hi there, I will be eligible for citizenship application on June 10, 2014 (1095 days). I want to submit my application on June 11, 2014 then wants to visit my home country for 2 months. Do I need to inform CIC by a latter along with application that I am leaving and come back after 2 months? I am waiting for last 3 years to meet with my family members. I am wondering it may negatively affect my application.Please help me.

May2014

Star Member
May 6, 2014
Hi
My personal advice not to apply as soon as y complete 1095 days, most ppl send with some buffer days ( or even wks) to ensure that they are on the safe side in case of missing days.
Now note until they (cic) declare yr applicationis in process there is a chance that the application mb missing smithing and returned .. So y hv to be around to complete it and send back .. Be aware that bill c24 is about to be passed too .. So try to follow up on that too and send bef it passes ... Or mb the new law will apply to you
My son is in the same position and we decided that traveling now is not the best idea .. Better wait and late then sorry ...btw sm. ppl advice to call cic ESP on long vacations .. Others don't .. But I prefer not to travel until things are on track
Hope someone else gives y their advice
Gdluck

BD2014

May 24, 2014
May2014 said:
Hi
My personal advice not to apply as soon as y complete 1095 days, most ppl send with some buffer days ( or even wks) to ensure that they are on the safe side in case of missing days.
Now note until they (cic) declare yr applicationis in process there is a chance that the application mb missing smithing and returned .. So y hv to be around to complete it and send back .. Be aware that bill c24 is about to be passed too .. So try to follow up on that too and send bef it passes ... Or mb the new law will apply to you
My son is in the same position and we decided that traveling now is not the best idea .. Better wait and late then sorry ...btw sm. ppl advice to call cic ESP on long vacations .. Others don't .. But I prefer not to travel until things are on track
Hope someone else gives y their advice
Gdluck
Thank you for your valuable advice. Can you tell me what is "missing days"

May2014

Star Member
May 6, 2014
Missing days is just simply not1095 days complete .. Less than that ! Many ppl forget US trips , or miscalculate their presence ... So better hv some buffer days.. Ie extra more than 1095 ... Believe me , they even look at ur stamp timings .. Past midnight or bef midnight to make sure y r not short ... Y may hv not travelled at all .. Which is good .. But don't submit it on the edge .. Unless bill c24 is about to pass to avoid it m
Gdluck
Ps ..read more on this forum to make sure ygot all ur answers ok and documents in order.

BD2014

May 24, 2014
Thank you for your kindness. I did't travel any where within last 3 years. Only stamps in my passport when I came here 3 years ago. Do I need to photocopy all the pages of my passport or just biographic pages? Thank you again.

May2014

Star Member
May 6, 2014
The guide says. Biographical pages , and some did just that however my son sent all pages bec he had travelled a lot plus translation and affidavit .. Hope someone else gives u their advice on this better than me
Gdluck

shaazdeh

Jan 30, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Can someone explainto me affidavit, and where can i get it? and if it is useful.. Thanks