+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Afghanistan Spouse Sponsorship thru India

sarah jan

Star Member
Sep 18, 2014
EXMANE said:
1. Listen, for every country, they have specific requirements; afghan nikakhat is valid when it is translated in english, verified by afg ministry of foreign affairs, and next take it to the consulate to attest it again, after this process, you mail a copy of it to CIC.
2. The same process applies to tazkira.
3. Police Clearance starts by request at afg ministry of interiors, gets verified by ministry of foreign affairs, and next your spouse gets a code or confirmation number, which you take to the afg consulate, and they provide you an original copy, and you mail original with your paper works.
3. For messages, you pick a copy of phone log or something like casual messages that it is continuing relatioship not just got married and that is it... Mske sure yoh keep this in future if they ask you for interview abd say here, we talked all the time... Anyway you will be asked on the forms about this, as well.
4. Photos, choose about 20 or more, choose from different occasions, both of you a few and others from event or close relatives... I hope they did a great takhjamy, so add it... Also, causul photo at home or after wedding, maybe even sightseeing like qargha or paghaman... On the back, write, occasion name, X & Y wedding or hina ceremony (your names), next put names and relationships of others like list them; the best way is create labels, number them like 1, 2, 3 in sequence and then attach it to the back of photos... One more thing would be good to copy 4 photos the same ones on a legal size paper and add it to the package...a kind of you will a photocopy of the photo included with photos... You do not have, but it is a suggestion, I like perfection: )
5. Yes, you photocopy your passport pages and your spouse...
6. I think i gave enough info, so now go to see document check list, which is in those forms and start work on it. Just follow that...
7. Also, you need immigration size photo of you spouse, I believe 8, and on the back, show date, his full name and date of birth...just read check list....
Thank you so much EXMANE,
very good info thanks again.

good suggestion sorry I didn't get it could you pls explain a bit more

(One more thing would be good to copy 4 photos the same ones on a legal size paper and add it to the package...a kind of you will a photocopy of the photo included with photos... You do not have, but it is a suggestion, I like perfection: )

aslo as income proof what should I submit?

sarah jan

Star Member
Sep 18, 2014
one more question
other than afghan assiostiaon and women organization is there any place or office who can help me fill my applications? I just don't want to mess up anything :eek:

EXMANE

Star Member
May 9, 2014
Visa Office......
Islam Abad - New Dehli
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-01-2014
Doc's Request.
15-08-2014
AOR Received.
28-02-2014
File Transfer...
20-03-2014
Med's Request
25-08-2015
Med's Done....
15-12-2013
sarah jan said:
one more question
other than afghan assiostiaon and women organization is there any place or office who can help me fill my applications? I just don't want to mess up anything :eek:
Be diligent when you ask these people to help you, but you can ask them only as a guide because first they are not professionals, secondly they really have no due care, and thirdly they are not thorough in their work.
I know people who go there for help, and sometimes they do make careless mistake. I personally would suggest that you can use them as a second opinion to have their input or review it for you to pinpoint if there is any errors.... If you follow my list, I gave the most complete details that you can prepare.
In regards to the photos in my writing; I mean you will send about 20 pictures from different occasions, and will label each photo;
Example:
Photo 1:
X & Y Wedding
Occasion: Wedding, Hena or Sightseeing, Takhtjami, Nikkah (whatever it is)
From Left To Right:
X (Groom)
Y (Bride)
Jan Agha (Groom's Daddy)
Qandigul (Groom's Mama)
Ahmad (Bride's Father)
Janat Bibi (Bride's Mother)
Hamid Karzai (Bride's Uncles)
Ashraf G. Ahmadzai (Groom's Grandfather)
Waiz Karzai (Bride's Cousin)

and next you continue to number these labels up to 20, and in the same way, you explain it as above each photos. Now, you attached these labels to the back of each photo in an organized sequence number up to 20.
After you are done with this stage, you take 4 photos and copy front and back on a legal size paper (8.5x14) maybe at Staple preferably a colour copy. You put these photocopies, which would end up total 5 pages altogether with your application forms plus you put all 20 photos in your envelop as you labeled them before.
Make sure you keep the same photos because they might ask your spouse at interview...

Take care and start now before it is too late....

EXMANE

Star Member
May 9, 2014
Visa Office......
Islam Abad - New Dehli
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-01-2014
Doc's Request.
15-08-2014
AOR Received.
28-02-2014
File Transfer...
20-03-2014
Med's Request
25-08-2015
Med's Done....
15-12-2013
sarah jan said:
Thank you so much EXMANE,
very good info thanks again.

good suggestion sorry I didn't get it could you pls explain a bit more

(One more thing would be good to copy 4 photos the same ones on a legal size paper and add it to the package...a kind of you will a photocopy of the photo included with photos... You do not have, but it is a suggestion, I like perfection: )

aslo as income proof what should I submit?
Income Proof;
Whenever you are asked to provide supporting documents, you should provide enough documents to convince the other party;
You can call CRA to get your Notice Assessment, which will show your 2013 income
You can get a letter of employment from your employer
You can also take your last three paystubs to proof your employment.

Now it depends on what is your situation. I would do all three as mentioned above. If you can, do all three as it will be beneficial and advantageous to your case....

Mazar_Sponsor

Sep 21, 2014
Vancouver, Burnaby
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sarah jan said:
one more question
Hi, I am new here but have been reading this forum for 4 days!

I think You can get help from a VAC ( Visa Application Centre ).

I got help from local Canadian Immigration where I live. She directed me to download what form and documents needed.They were very friendly, so try making an appointment with them ( Only for Canada ).

Once my application was ready, it was sent and received by CIC Mississauga on March 20 2014.

AOR was received on April 20 2014 and was transferred on the same day to Delhi Visa office.

I requested GCMS on June 25 2014 but due to my friend writing his name wrong in the consent form, it was delayed to Sept 7 2014.

I did a MP Enquiry on Sept 17 2014 no details except to wait.

Based on June 25 2014 GCMS note, I noticed a couple things;

RPRF and cost recovery: Completed

Medical: In Process

Security and Criminal: Not Started

On ECAS, it says Application received

Those are the most important information.

If you require addition information please do ask!

I have requested for a new GCMS, It should arrive in 30 days. Will let you know then!

Additional note:

If Security, Criminal and Medical have passed when I get the GCMS, I will then notify Delhi Office or MP back in Canada

( As i am currently with my Wife )

sarah jan

Star Member
Sep 18, 2014
EXMANE said:
Be diligent when you ask these people to help you, but you can ask them only as a guide because first they are not professionals, secondly they really have no due care, and thirdly they are not thorough in their work.
I know people who go there for help, and sometimes they do make careless mistake. I personally would suggest that you can use them as a second opinion to have their input or review it for you to pinpoint if there is any errors.... If you follow my list, I gave the most complete details that you can prepare.
In regards to the photos in my writing; I mean you will send about 20 pictures from different occasions, and will label each photo;
Example:
Photo 1:
X & Y Wedding
Occasion: Wedding, Hena or Sightseeing, Takhtjami, Nikkah (whatever it is)
From Left To Right:
X (Groom)
Y (Bride)
Jan Agha (Groom's Daddy)
Qandigul (Groom's Mama)
Ahmad (Bride's Father)
Janat Bibi (Bride's Mother)
Hamid Karzai (Bride's Uncles)
Ashraf G. Ahmadzai (Groom's Grandfather)
Waiz Karzai (Bride's Cousin)

and next you continue to number these labels up to 20, and in the same way, you explain it as above each photos. Now, you attached these labels to the back of each photo in an organized sequence number up to 20.
After you are done with this stage, you take 4 photos and copy front and back on a legal size paper (8.5x14) maybe at Staple preferably a colour copy. You put these photocopies, which would end up total 5 pages altogether with your application forms plus you put all 20 photos in your envelop as you labeled them before.
Make sure you keep the same photos because they might ask your spouse at interview...

Take care and start now before it is too late....
Thank you so much for this step by step explainition
I am trying so hard to finish the paper work as soon as possible but still things to finish.
clearance is not done, he doesn't live in kabul, does he have to go to kabul for it? if yes would kabul affair office will know his record eventhough he never lived in kabul?

sarah jan

Star Member
Sep 18, 2014
Mazar_Sponsor said:
Hi, I am new here but have been reading this forum for 4 days!

I think You can get help from a VAC ( Visa Application Centre ).

I got help from local Canadian Immigration where I live. She directed me to download what form and documents needed.They were very friendly, so try making an appointment with them ( Only for Canada ).

Once my application was ready, it was sent and received by CIC Mississauga on March 20 2014.

AOR was received on April 20 2014 and was transferred on the same day to Delhi Visa office.

I requested GCMS on June 25 2014 but due to my friend writing his name wrong in the consent form, it was delayed to Sept 7 2014.

I did a MP Enquiry on Sept 17 2014 no details except to wait.

Based on June 25 2014 GCMS note, I noticed a couple things;

RPRF and cost recovery: Completed

Medical: In Process

Security and Criminal: Not Started

On ECAS, it says Application received

Those are the most important information.

If you require addition information please do ask!

I have requested for a new GCMS, It should arrive in 30 days. Will let you know then!

Additional note:

If Security, Criminal and Medical have passed when I get the GCMS, I will then notify Delhi Office or MP back in Canada

( As i am currently with my Wife )
Thank you bro,
I will see and find a visa office near where I live and make an appoitnment. I am so lost, but with the help of brothers and sisters here I feel I can breath.

the clearnce certificate is not done, as he is not living in kabul and I am not sure what should be done :(

EXMANE

Star Member
May 9, 2014
Visa Office......
Islam Abad - New Dehli
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-01-2014
Doc's Request.
15-08-2014
AOR Received.
28-02-2014
File Transfer...
20-03-2014
Med's Request
25-08-2015
Med's Done....
15-12-2013
sarah jan said:
I am trying so hard to finish the paper work as soon as possible but still things to finish.
clearance is not done, he doesn't live in kabul, does he have to go to kabul for it? if yes would kabul affair office will know his record eventhough he never lived in kabul?
Your spouse goes to Kabul, he finishes the work for Tazkira, Nikhakhat and Police Clearance... He does not have to give them all the details, but should find someone to guide him and help him... I know it is time consuming work, and i guess someone can guide him there... For example, if he makes a request for Police Clearnce at the Ministry of Interior, officials will tell hom go to criminal background check, go to biometrics, and next go to office of foreign relationship of interior, and next it will go to ministry of foreign affairs, which is a kind of the same process... Almost similar steps apply to Tazkira or Nikakhat, which goes through different chanels...

Since we are Afghans, coming from different tribes, sometime you WASETA... I was stuck so many times, but made it work... Your spouse can have acquaintances or friend who can help... Sometime, Afghan Officials ask for SHIRINI of small amount to the work, but you have to give them...

EXMANE

Star Member
May 9, 2014
Visa Office......
Islam Abad - New Dehli
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-01-2014
Doc's Request.
15-08-2014
AOR Received.
28-02-2014
File Transfer...
20-03-2014
Med's Request
25-08-2015
Med's Done....
15-12-2013
sarah jan said:
Do not forget that he has to apy for passport, which he will need... For the passport, make sure that advise your spouse, What will his full name in English, surname (last name) date of birth in both calendars, and place birth... Many afghans do not pay attention to importance of these details...

Dates are very important for all your documents...

sarah jan

Star Member
Sep 18, 2014
EXMANE said:
Do not forget that he has to apy for passport, which he will need... For the passport, make sure that advise your spouse, What will his full name in English, surname (last name) date of birth in both calendars, and place birth... Many afghans do not pay attention to importance of these details...

Dates are very important for all your documents...
Thank you!
Thank God he have passport already.
He just told me there is foriagn affair branch office there where he lives can he get the clearance letter and stamped by the affairs office?

Mazar_Sponsor

Sep 21, 2014
Vancouver, Burnaby
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sarah jan said:
Thank you!
Thank God he have passport already.
He just told me there is foriagn affair branch office there where he lives can he get the clearance letter and stamped by the affairs office?
Maybe... I had requested the Afghan Consulate in Canada to request the Criminal check. Which then, they provided me a code with a address. I provided it to my uncle who went to that address, provided that code.

In a week, i called back to Afghan Consulate in Canada and they told me they had recieved a reply.

I had went to the Afghan Consulate, and she went back in her office as i waited. She translated it from Farsi to English. Then gave it to me and i had submited it with the documents for Sponsorship application.

I had avoided the long mailing delay so I would advise you to do the same

Outlandish

Dec 31, 2011
Ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad/ New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-28-2012
AOR Received.
01-03-2013
File Transfer...
15-07-2013 IVO/ 06-03-2014 to NDVO
Med's Request
Remeds#1:24-06-2014 #2: 11-12-2015
Med's Done....
Initial:08-28-2012; #1:24-06-2014; #2: 12-12-2015
Interview........
Waived according to GCMS notes
Passport Req..
DM Jan 16, 2016 PPR Mar 08, 2016
LANDED..........
CANNOT WAIT!
Nick_afg said:
hey outlandish salaam long time no see ;D any news any update ? Still IP or DM ?
Salam Nick wror! Nothing yet...still stuck in the IP phase :'( :'(

Nick_afg

Feb 29, 2012
canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa-islamabad-New Delhi India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2/12/2012
Doc's Request.
N/A
AOR Received.
31-12-2012
File Transfer...
06-03-14 from Islamabad to new Delhi
Med's Request
07-02-2014
Med's Done....
Redemical sent to NDVO on 27 July 14 E case changed to in process on 07-07-14
Interview........
Wieved
Passport Req..
April 16-2015 pp submitted 24/April 2015
VISA ISSUED...
29 April 2015
LANDED..........
14 may 2015 alhamdulilah
Outlandish said:
Salam Nick wror! Nothing yet...still stuck in the IP phase :'( :'(
wow it's been long time it's should change IP to DM by this time , mine is the same thing stil IP I already booked an appointment wit my mp this Tuesday he is new mp , how about u? Do u try to contact ur mp

kamila_26H

Star Member
Aug 12, 2014
Alberta
I got an email from New Delhi saying that it will expedite the process of our application if we paid the landing fee ( $490). Do people normally pay that fee during this stage of their application??
Please anyone who knows anything about this, if you could give me some feedback

Thanks,

Kabul2012

Star Member
Jul 7, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
ISL / NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kamila_26H said:
I got an email from New Delhi saying that it will expedite the process of our application if we paid the landing fee ( $490). Do people normally pay that fee during this stage of their application??
Please anyone who knows anything about this, if you could give me some feedback

Thanks,
You have to pay everything in advance.