+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Advise on selecting university

a_lone

Apr 9, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dear All,

I am from Pakistan. Please suggest me good and reputed university based on my profile for admission in graduate program like Masters of engineering in Electrical or Engineering Management.

10th = 69%
Diploma of Associate Engineering, D.A.E in Electronics (3 years education) = 73%
bachelor's of Technology, B-TECH in Electronics (4 years education) = 65%
IELTS = 6.5

I also have 6 years of experience in Electronics manufacturing industry. Experience gained while studding in parallel. B-TECH degree avail in 2012.

I am thinking of following universities.

Memorial University of Newfoundland
University of Victoria
University of Manitoba

One other thing I like to mention here is that I can only afford CAD 25,000 for my studies and living expenditure, rest I am thinking to cover by part time work. So kindly advise something suitable to my profile and financial situation.

God bless us all.
a_lone

Reactions: Owusu Derkyi

usman_14pk

Champion Member
Jan 29, 2013
a_lone said:
Dear All,

I am from Pakistan. Please suggest me good and reputed university based on my profile for admission in graduate program like Masters of engineering in Electrical or Engineering Management.

10th = 69%
Diploma of Associate Engineering, D.A.E in Electronics (3 years education) = 73%
bachelor's of Technology, B-TECH in Electronics (4 years education) = 65%
IELTS = 6.5

I also have 6 years of experience in Electronics manufacturing industry. Experience gained while studding in parallel. B-TECH degree avail in 2012.

I am thinking of following universities.

Memorial University of Newfoundland
University of Victoria
University of Manitoba

One other thing I like to mention here is that I can only afford CAD 25,000 for my studies and living expenditure, rest I am thinking to cover by part time work. So kindly advise something suitable to my profile and financial situation.

God bless us all.
a_lone
University of Victoria would be great.
It is good in rank and study.
Also, your funds would be sufficient for almost 2-year tuition (6k CAD / year) and 1-year living (10k CAD / year).

lovedeepsingh

Oct 15, 2013
usman_14pk said:
Also, your funds would be sufficient for almost 2-year tuition (6k CAD / year) and 1-year living (10k CAD / year).
6K CAD/year?

usman_14pk

Champion Member
Jan 29, 2013
lovedeepsingh said:
6K CAD/year?
In Victoria, graduate fee is 2000 CAD/ semester. So,
1-year tuition = 3-semesters * 2000 Canadian Dollars = 6000 CAD

You can always cross check the sum from their website.

rip2013

Apr 10, 2014
usman_14pk said:
The tuition calculation of Uvic seems complex,which is paied by so called credit unit.But I think 6k CAD / year is too cheap.
no offence...

a_lone

Apr 9, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
usman_14pk said:
Thanks..

a_lone

Apr 9, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rip2013 said:
The tuition calculation of Uvic seems complex,which is paied by so called credit unit.But I think 6k CAD / year is too cheap.
no offence...
University of Victoria's website is really very complex, even I am not able to find the last date for submitting application for "Master of Engineering, Electrical and Computer Engineering" program.

usman_14pk

Champion Member
Jan 29, 2013
a_lone said:
University of Victoria's website is really very complex, even I am not able to find the last date for submitting application for "Master of Engineering, Electrical and Computer Engineering" program.
UVictoria

To know current fee

Go here: http://www.uvic.ca/graduatestudies/finances/tuition/
Then, tuition fee and payments -> Current fees -> tuition and fee schedule
Here is the direct file URL: www.uvic.ca/vpfo/accounting/assets/docs/tuition/tuition-schedule-2013.pdf

To know about admission deadlines

You can find the admission deadlines from your department website. You will find all the details about the program and deadline from there.

a_lone

Apr 9, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks brother Usman, Could you please also tell me that how to send documents to university in seal envelops, what dose it means? what I understand that I have to attest my degree from HEC and then send it by courier at the university address.. but what are the seal envelops? do we need to put degree in some kind of special envelops :D ?? Please let me know..

Ramandeep

Star Member
Mar 24, 2014
Visa Office......
Chandigarh: online application
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-05-2014
IELTS Request
7 bands - Submitted with application
Med's Request
Submitted with application
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
22-7-2014
VISA ISSUED...
25-7-2014
LANDED..........
Aug-2014
a_lone said:
Thanks brother Usman, Could you please also tell me that how to send documents to university in seal envelops, what dose it means? what I understand that I have to attest my degree from HEC and then send it by courier at the university address.. but what are the seal envelops? do we need to put degree in some kind of special envelops :D ?? Please let me know..
Important docs like transcripts, LORs are generally provided in sealed envelopes. Envelopes having official stamp or cross signature at seal (glued area) are called sealed envelope. It ensure that you haven't opened this envelope. :)

usman_14pk

Champion Member
Jan 29, 2013
a_lone said:
Take both the original and photocopy of your degree to your university's registrar or student affairs office.
Ask them to attest this photocopy by seeing the original as verification and then put it in universities printed envelop. Close the envelop with some gum. Stamp the envelop across the seals and put transparent tape over the seal. Now this envelop is officially sealed by the issuing authority.

If your uni dont provide their printed envelop then bring a white A4 size envelop with you and ask them to do the same as stated above but use this white envelop.

OR

You can opt the same procedure if you want to seal your HEC attested photocopy. In this case, you need to take the white A4 size envelop to some HEC officer sitting in the same building from where you will collect your attested photocopy and ask him/her to seal this copy in this white envelop.

a_lone

Apr 9, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
usman_14pk said:
Take both the original and photocopy of your degree to your university's registrar or student affairs office.
Ask them to attest this photocopy by seeing the original as verification and then put it in universities printed envelop. Close the envelop with some gum. Stamp the envelop across the seals and put transparent tape over the seal. Now this envelop is officially sealed by the issuing authority.

If your uni dont provide their printed envelop then bring a white A4 size envelop with you and ask them to do the same as stated above but use this white envelop.

OR

You can opt the same procedure if you want to seal your HEC attested photocopy. In this case, you need to take the white A4 size envelop to some HEC officer sitting in the same building from where you will collect your attested photocopy and ask him/her to seal this copy in this white envelop.
Thanks again Usman bahi for detailed reply. Just to be clear my mind, do I need to send the uni attested photo copy only? to UVic for admission purpose? Also Do I need to send it prior to submitting my online application for admission or after submitting my application?