+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Advise & Information required for a international student with previous experience.

anveshkeesara

Star Member
Jun 25, 2017
Hello All,

I'm looking for Advice & Information.
First please find a quick intro of myself.

My Name is Anvesh.
I'm from India.
Education: Bachelor of Technology in Electronics & Communication Engineering.
I have around 6+ years of experience in IT industry.
Technology: SAP CRM / SAP Hybris C4C Functional consultant.

Plan:
My plan is to settle in Canada.
Firstly I'm thinking to do any ONE year course (PGDM / EMBA), as it is the quick way to come to Canada by taking a study VISA.
Secondly by doing above mentioned course - will give me a better Academic prospectus.
Thirdly I wish to continue my work in SAP after the course.

Note: I cannot apply for a PR directly through express entry as it takes a minimum of 15 to 18 months for process & I don't have that time due to personal reasons and I wish to come to Canada ASAP.

Query:

1. As we are aware for a 1 year course we will get 1 PGWP - I would like to know further of any chances of getting PGWP between 1 to 1.5 year ??
2. Next we are aware we can apply for PR under Canadian Experience Class - My question is as I do have 6+ years of experience, Do i need to show still one year of work experience in Canada after post graduation to apply under Canadian Experience class ?.
Can't I just apply with Canadian Post graduation?
3. As per my profile as mentioned above, Can anybody suggest, the best way to get a PR after one year Course in canada ?

Do let me know in case of any additional information required.

Thanks in advance.
Anvesh

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
1. If your goal is PR, you should take a 2 year course so that you qualify for a 3 year PGWP. Lower chances of being able to get PR with just a 1 year course.
2. No. You need a year of full time work experience in Canada before you can apply for CEC. Any work experience gained during your studies doesn't count. So you need to finish your studies, work for a year full time in Canada, and then apply.

anveshkeesara

Star Member
Jun 25, 2017
1. If your goal is PR, you should take a 2 year course so that you qualify for a 3 year PGWP. Lower chances of being able to get PR with just a 1 year course.
2. No. You need a year of full time work experience in Canada before you can apply for CEC. Any work experience gained during your studies doesn't count. So you need to finish your studies, work for a year full time in Canada, and then apply.
Hello Scylla

Thanks for your reply.
For your 2nd point.
I have full time 6 years of foreign experience & not experience gained during my studies.
As now the process of getting PR through express entry, I'm getting required CRS points with one year PG course in Canada.
So, I think - I'm eligible to apply for PR with completing one year course.

So I'm thinking to apply for both PGWP & PR once as soon as I complete my one year course in Canada.
Also for eg: In my case,As I will get only one year PGWP, lets say if the PGWP is going to expire - and I have applied for PR already i can extend PGWP through
Extend your work permit – Bridging open work permit
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/work/permit/extend/permanent.asp

Kindly post your comments

Thanks & Regards
Anvesh