+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

advice

K11mohawk

Feb 12, 2009
My friend is a canadian citizen but he is now living in the Philiippines with her wife and 3 kids. They were married in Canada and their 1st baby was born there. His 2nd and 3rd child were born here in the Philippines. His 3rd child is now a canadian citizen since her father was already a canadian citizen by the time of her birth.To make the story short, his wife and his 2nd child are still Filipino citizen. My questions are:
1. Can he sponsor his wife and 2nd child while he is still here in the Philippines or do he need to go back to Canada and file their sponsorship there? Which way is faster?
2. If he will file their sponsorship in Canada can they still apply for a visitor visa if they want to visit Canada?
3.If they will go to Canada as tourist, can the husband file their sponsorship once they get there? Can they stay in Canada while their application is still in process?
I need your advice on this matter. Your advice will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks a lot in advance.

M

med

K11mohawk said:
My friend is a canadian citizen but he is now living in the Philiippines with her wife and 3 kids. They were married in Canada and their 1st baby was born there. His 2nd and 3rd child were born here in the Philippines. His 3rd child is now a canadian citizen since her father was already a canadian citizen by the time of her birth.To make the story short, his wife and his 2nd child are still Filipino citizen. My questions are:
1. Can he sponsor his wife and 2nd child while he is still here in the Philippines or do he need to go back to Canada and file their sponsorship there? Which way is faster?
2. If he will file their sponsorship in Canada can they still apply for a visitor visa if they want to visit Canada?
3.If they will go to Canada as tourist, can the husband file their sponsorship once they get there? Can they stay in Canada while their application is still in process?
I need your advice on this matter. Your advice will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks a lot in advance.
1_only canadian citizens have the right to apply while out of the country
2_yes they can apply for visitor visa but will be hard to convince the officer that the wife will go back after her legal time is finished because of the sponsorship application that is in process
3_ yes if all the documents they for application are ready they can file there and they can stay there if they hav a visa for that but they might be asked for an interview in manila for the issuence of the PR