+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Advice ( proof of intention to re establish in canada)

baileyboots

Jan 6, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26/02/2016
Doc's Request.
31/05/2016
AOR Received.
19/04/2016.....AOR2: 09/05/2016
Med's Done....
21/01/2016
Hi, everyone

What if i dont have any proof listed on form 5540e for proof of intention to re establish in Canada? Anybody out there that was in the same situation where both of you the sponsor and the princippal applicant were outside of canada
Need advice
p.s I still do have active bank account in canada and credit cards, i have been out of canada for 2 years to be with my common law partner

Any advice or ideas?

Thanks,
Robert & Tamara

etienbjel

Star Member
May 15, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-07-2014
Doc's Request.
09-10-2014
AOR Received.
30-07-2014
File Transfer...
29-10-2014
Med's Done....
15-05-2014
Interview........
Initially requested but waived after providing more evidence online
Passport Req..
12-01-2016
VISA ISSUED...
10-02-2016
LANDED..........
20-05-2016
Submit statements from those accounts to show they are still active. Also, copies of canadian driving license, health card, passport, emails to friends and family stating your intentions, and a brief plan of action for finding a place/job when you arrive.

floomy

Dec 17, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
was same situation.
was out of Canada while applied for app and sent only a letter contains our plan in Canada.
I was requested to send more supporting docs later about settle down in Canada
(luckily we were in Canada at that moment and husband got a job)

you can send a supporting letter from family and a letter that contains your plan in Canada.
if you have a job offer letter, that would be more helpful.

there is good chance that VO request more doc while processing your file, so you can send app with proof that you can have now.
but you may need to look for a job or move back to Canada bit earlier.

Good luck.

Buletruck

VIP Member
May 18, 2015
Submit statements from those accounts to show they are still active. Also, copies of Canadian driving license, health card
You need to give careful consideration before submitting these items if you are a non-resident Canadian and haven't been filing tax returns for the last 2 years. CRA considers these secondary indicators of resident status and it may complicate your tax situation down the road. On the other hand, if you have filed tax returns, go for it.

baileyboots

Jan 6, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26/02/2016
Doc's Request.
31/05/2016
AOR Received.
Med's Done....
21/01/2016
did all of my taxes so no worry there ;D

baileyboots

Jan 6, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26/02/2016
Doc's Request.
31/05/2016
AOR Received.
Med's Done....
21/01/2016
the plan is when she gets her corp we will move back, i hope vienna can get it done by the end of the year. The biggest thing that i am worried about is that i will not get my SA,Or do they look at proof of re-establishment in vienna not missisauga.
I lived with my partner in canada from 2012-2014 (she was on a visitor visa),you guys think that would help at all?

stanstan

Jan 6, 2016
baileyboots said:
Hi, everyone

What if i dont have any proof listed on form 5540e for proof of intention to re establish in Canada? Anybody out there that was in the same situation where both of you the sponsor and the princippal applicant were outside of canada
Need advice
p.s I still do have active bank account in canada and credit cards, i have been out of canada for 2 years to be with my common law partner

Any advice or ideas?

Thanks,
Robert & Tamara
Similar situation here...not giving any suggestions just sharing my experience.

Me and my wife got the PR 2 years back but was not ready to move to Canada. While during these years we had a kid born in the home country.

Now we decided to move to Canada for good so I am applying the PR for my kid. As CIC indicates the sponsor MUST reside within Canada, so I have to come back to Canada for the application.

I have no evidence of living in Canada before and I didn't plan to fake it. I do have a bank account while we landed 2 years ago but not the other things like the tax form, drive licence or health card.

I got our situation well explained in a letter and provided the proof that I quit my job in my home country and some bank transactions to Canada, just to show I am serious on moving back for good.

I send the application the second day that I got off the plane. Now after a regular waiting time(2 months like everybody else), I got my sponsor approval, no more other docs required.

Hope my case helps...

taffy7

Champion Member
May 23, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10th April 2014/June 10th 2014 application complete
Doc's Request.
09 June 2014 same doc's requested again 6th Oct 2014. docs not needed again mistake by cic
AOR Received.
sponsorship approval 05 Aug 2014
File Transfer...
05 Aug 2014
Med's Request
28 July 2015
Med's Done....
30th Dec 2013
Passport Req..
in process 18th July 2015/ DM 5/12/2015
LANDED..........
28/12/2015
As other have stated you have to have some proof that you will return to Canada . where are you going to live when you get here. If you are staying with friends or family have them write a short letter saying you are going to be living with them until you find your own place. If you have children email some schools and print out the email and responses, same with looking for a job , or even if you have stuff to ship over print out the agreement with the shipping agency.

Do what ever you can to provide information so you don't get asked for it later.

smr21

Jan 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Missassauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-03-2016
Doc's Request.
05-05-2016
AOR Received.
09-04-2016
Med's Done....
01-12-2016
So, my sponsor and I are both living outside of Canada, but hoping to return so that he can go to school and finish his degree. Has anyone had experience with applications to universities as proof of intention to re-establish? The application process will take a while, and he won't have an official acceptance letter for a few more months and we are almost ready to send in our application packet. Will college applications count in the same way that job applications would? We could also get a letter from his parents as additional support.

Thanks!

countrygal

Sep 26, 2015
Mexico
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 8th, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 23rd, 2016
File Transfer...
Feb 26th,2016-AOR2 May 3rd,2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
October 8th,2015
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
Hoping for August 2016!!!
Honestly I did not send much at all proving intention of living back in Canada. I included only the following :

1) Flight Itinerary for when I move to Canada( I included this because of the lack of evidence and also because j am going back before my hubby gets PR)

2) Chat log conversations with my mom and other family members discussing plans when my hubby and I arrive back in Canada

3) A letter from my sister and brother in law stating that we will be living in their house and renting their basement suit and stating not that they will be helping us adjusting back to canadaian life.

I did not include a job offer but I included conversations with my boss of coming back to work when I arrive back in Canada.

Hope that helps!

smr21

Jan 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Missassauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-03-2016
Doc's Request.
05-05-2016
AOR Received.
09-04-2016
Med's Done....
01-12-2016
Thanks Country Gal!

That is really helpful, we won't have a flight itinerary (planning on driving with our stuff), but I can definitely print out emails b/w him and his parents and a letter from his family, plus school applications. Sounds like that should do the trick.

Thanks again :)

countrygal

Sep 26, 2015
Mexico
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 8th, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 23rd, 2016
File Transfer...
Feb 26th,2016-AOR2 May 3rd,2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
October 8th,2015
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
Hoping for August 2016!!!
smr21 said:
Thanks Country Gal!

That is really helpful, we won't have a flight itinerary (planning on driving with our stuff), but I can definitely print out emails b/w him and his parents and a letter from his family, plus school applications. Sounds like that should do the trick.

Thanks again :)
Any little bit helps! They just want to make sure you are actually going to return to Canada( they pretty much do not want your husband to live there without you being there that is why) good luck!!