+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ADVICE NEEDED! SP application rejected - Planning to apply for Express Entry.

Ramez A

Mar 6, 2017
Lagos, Nigeria
AOR Received.
22-03-2018
Hello,

I am a 31 year old Lebanese citizen who has been living and working in Nigeria Since August 2012 and is currently holding the position of Sales Manager in a medium sized trading firm. I hold a BA in Advertising & Marketing and an MA in Advertising from a Lebanese University. After almost 5 years of working with the same company and starting to get really bored with my job, I decided I needed to go for a different career path and make a positive change in my life; I have some acquaintances and friends here who work for multinational oil & gas companies as logisticians and procurement & transportation mangers who are earning impressive salaries & benefits, but most if not all hold degrees from US & UK Universities. I always wanted a job like that but I did not possess the right credentials to secure one so I decided to pursue an advanced degree in Logistics & Supply Chain Management from a Canadian College. I informed my manager (who did not want me to leave my job) about my plans and he agreed to grant me a 2 year unpaid leave.
I wanted to apply to the US at first but seeing how high its expenses and fees are, I opted to go for Canada instead with the full intent of returning to work in Nigeria after graduation. I got an acceptance letter from Fanshawe College in London, Ontario for a 1 year post-graduate program and I applied for a study permit. I got the answer just yesterday; It was rejected for the following reasons:

You have not satisfied me that you would leave Canada at the end of your stay. In reaching this
decision, I considered several factors, including:
travel history
family ties in Canada and in country of residence
purpose of visit

I did not expect that at all! I did all the necessary arrangements and I had researched about Canada and was so excited to spend next year there; it would have been a refreshing change for me after more than 5 years in Lagos, Nigeria! I was extremely disappointed to say the least!
This unexpected bump made me want to try harder at going to Canada, so I have decided to apply for a Canadian PR through Express Entry. What I need to know is what are my chances of getting accepted for Express Entry after being rejected for a Study Permit. I do not want to make it seem like I was lying on my SP application about my intent to stay in Canada after graduation which was not my real intent when I first applied.

Professional advise would be much appreciated.

Ramez

Last edited:

Nc31

May 10, 2017
Rejected study permit will not affect your EE/PR application. Start with checking if you are qualified to apply. Assess your credentials and write IELTS. @31 and single, you will stand a better chance. Try to score high in IELTS, is the game changer.

Good luck

Reactions: Ramez A

Raz0r

Jul 9, 2017
Hello,

I am a 31 year old Lebanese citizen who has been living and working in Nigeria Since August 2012 and is currently holding the position of Sales Manager in a medium sized trading firm. I hold a BA in Advertising & Marketing and an MA in Advertising from a Lebanese University. After almost 5 years of working with the same company and starting to get really bored with my job, I decided I needed to go for a different career path and make a positive change in my life; I have some acquaintances and friends here who work for multinational oil & gas companies as logisticians and procurement & transportation mangers who are earning impressive salaries & benefits, but most if not all hold degrees from US & UK Universities. I always wanted a job like that but I did not possess the right credentials to secure one so I decided to pursue an advanced degree in Logistics & Supply Chain Management from a Canadian College. I informed my manager (who did not want me to leave my job) about my plans and he agreed to grant me a 2 year unpaid leave.
I wanted to apply to the US at first but seeing how high its expenses and fees are, I opted to go for Canada instead with the full intent of returning to work in Nigeria after graduation. I got an acceptance letter from Fanshawe College in London, Ontario for a 1 year post-graduate program and I applied for a study permit. I got the answer just yesterday; It was rejected for the following reasons:

You have not satisfied me that you would leave Canada at the end of your stay. In reaching this
travel history
purpose of visit

I did not expect that at all! I did all the necessary arrangements and I had researched about Canada and its culture and was so excited to spend next year there; it would have been a refreshing change for me after more than 5 years in Lagos, Nigeria! I was extremely disappointed to say the least!
This unexpected bump made me want to try harder at going to Canada, so I have decided to apply for a Canadian PR through Express Entry. What I need to know is what are my chances of getting accepted for Express Entry after being rejected for a Study Permit. I do not want to make it seem like I was lying on my SP application about my intent to stay in Canada after graduation which was not my real intent when I first applied.

Ramez
First off, check your "Six Selection Factor" Eligibility (67 points minimum is required to be eligible) (http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/apply-factors.asp)

Then calculate the CRS score (http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/crs-tool.asp).

Hope this helps. Good luck.

Reactions: Ramez A

NAVYY

Oct 20, 2017
Hello Brothers and Sisters

I have an important question...and desperately need an answer please! Recently I got my IELTS score with CLB 9, however I was not satisfied with speaking and writing bands! anyways I updated my EE profile where I got Score 439! but since I was dissatisfied with my results I had immediately requested the EOR (Remark)! now question is I got ITA with my current score 439....but when next week when I will receive my probably with higher scores which would change my score from 439 to 442 would that be considered as misrepresentation when I will submit my TRF with higher scores? Please respond. Thanks

harman2725

Jun 16, 2015
Nz
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Australia
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
21-02-2017
AOR Received.
21-02-2017
Med's Done....
01/04/2017
Passport Req..
7/717
VISA ISSUED...
29/7/17
LANDED..........
27/08/17
Hello Brothers and Sisters

I have an important question...and desperately need an answer please! Recently I got my IELTS score with CLB 9, however I was not satisfied with speaking and writing bands! anyways I updated my EE profile where I got Score 439! but since I was dissatisfied with my results I had immediately requested the EOR (Remark)! now question is I got ITA with my current score 439....but when next week when I will receive my probably with higher scores which would change my score from 439 to 442 would that be considered as misrepresentation when I will submit my TRF with higher scores? Please respond. Thanks[/QUOTE

If you get higher score in ielts in re cheking, it wont effect your application. But if any case the score is reduced, you have to wait for new ita.

NAVYY

Oct 20, 2017
Thanks dear...its a sigh of relief....can you please let me know the basis of your assessment on this matter that why it won't be considered a misrepresentation. Thanks in advance

OdinNguyen

Mar 30, 2017
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks dear...its a sigh of relief....can you please let me know the basis of your assessment on this matter that why it won't be considered a misrepresentation. Thanks in advance
Lol, friend. I don't know how you score CLB9, but all your questions will be answer by reading your ITA .

Aug 31, 2017
Hi bro
When you send your university cerificates to wes, you have received the same degree you have it right?
Because I'm Lebanese University student too

bmelia

Star Member
Sep 27, 2017
Hello,

travel history
purpose of visit

I did not expect that at all! I did all the necessary arrangements and I had researched about Canada and was so excited to spend next year there; it would have been a refreshing change for me after more than 5 years in Lagos, Nigeria! I was extremely disappointed to say the least!

Ramez
Hi Ramez,

Pls see the below threads on this forum (all is explained smoothly):
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/express-entry-step-by-step-instructions.273928/
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/express-entry-in-a-nutshell.394158/
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/summary-of-eligibility-requirements-for-all-express-entry-pnp-streams.432937/

Wish you all the best!