+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

advice needed for Live In Caregiver process (nanny side)

travUSA

Jun 2, 2010
Hi, if anyone can answer a few questions I would greatly appreciate it.
My sister-in-law is Thai and trying to research the Canadian Live In Caregiver process. She is a 35 year old professional working in Bangkok. She would need to get the 6 month training but her english would be fine. My question is what are the chances of her being able to find a family? What would be the best way to go about this, should she find an agency in Thailand or Canada? Should she start looking now or after the training requirement is met? I apologize for basic questions, but I would like to hear from people that have done this before. There seems to be a lot of misrepresented information in Thailand regarding this.
Thanks for your help.

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
travUSA said:
Hi, if anyone can answer a few questions I would greatly appreciate it.
My sister-in-law is Thai and trying to research the Canadian Live In Caregiver process. She is a 35 year old professional working in Bangkok. She would need to get the 6 month training but her english would be fine. My question is what are the chances of her being able to find a family?
Lots of families looking for caregivers. find one who's willing to wait out the processing time in your region.
What would be the best way to go about this, should she find an agency in Thailand or Canada?
Canada (no charges from caregiver, only from family)
Should she start looking now or after the training requirement is met?
After, your sister in law has 6 months to file the application with the LMO (should it get approved)
I apologize for basic questions, but I would like to hear from people that have done this before. There seems to be a lot of misrepresented information in Thailand regarding this.
Thanks for your help.

travUSA

Jun 2, 2010
job_seeker, thank you for your help. I will let her know and remain hopeful this could be a great opportunity for her.