+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Advice for our outland application

teamduckie

Oct 7, 2013
Hi all,

My wife from the United States and I from Canada have gathered our evidence and completed our application forms and paid for the only thing holding our application back is we are waiting for our marriage certificate which is taking forever but that's another story. My wife's police check was done in August and due to the long wait for our marriage certificate we were unable to send in our application as we had originally planned. I understand the police check expires after 3 months so we are planning for her to get another one (which would take another 1-1.5 months I believe). Our question then is, should we go ahead and send our application when we get our long awaited marriage certificate which is expected to be delivered this week, and send an updated police certificate later when we receive it, or delay even further to wait for police and marriage cert?

We paid for our application about 2 months ago now, and it's stressful to wait these single pieces arrive slowly and we want to send in our app asap before they keep updating them, etc.

Thanks for the help,

JC

iNick89

Star Member
Oct 27, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-06-2014
Doc's Request.
26-08-2014
File Transfer...
29-07-2014
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
13-02-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-08-2014
VISA ISSUED...
28-11-2014
LANDED..........
13-12-2014
teamduckie said:
Hi all,

My wife from the United States and I from Canada have gathered our evidence and completed our application forms and paid for the only thing holding our application back is we are waiting for our marriage certificate which is taking forever but that's another story. My wife's police check was done in August and due to the long wait for our marriage certificate we were unable to send in our application as we had originally planned. I understand the police check expires after 3 months so we are planning for her to get another one (which would take another 1-1.5 months I believe). Our question then is, should we go ahead and send our application when we get our long awaited marriage certificate which is expected to be delivered this week, and send an updated police certificate later when we receive it, or delay even further to wait for police and marriage cert?

We paid for our application about 2 months ago now, and it's stressful to wait these single pieces arrive slowly and we want to send in our app asap before they keep updating them, etc.

Thanks for the help,

JC
Please send your application as soon as you get your marriage certificate. Due to a backlog with the FBI recently, police checks are now taking around 12-13 weeks to process.

Once you receive sponsor approval, you will get a case # which you can then use to send in your new FBI police check.

handsup

Champion Member
Sep 1, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Mar 2013
VISA ISSUED...
Feb 2015
You can send your application with a cover letter of explaining the missing docs.