+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Advice for applying to Canada

bhavneet

Oct 18, 2011
Hello friends,
i am here to ask you some help about visa application , i have done Bachelors with Subjects - Psychology , English Elective , and Geography the % is 48.33 and after that i have Done Pgdca with overall score more then 65% and ielts score is as follows
Over all 6.5

L7
R 6.5
W 5.5
S 6

My tenth percentage was 54 and 12th with arts Geography , history and physical education was 60 above.

i have consulted many reputed in punjab, they say something do some thing i really confused some say you can do get visa under general category some say you can not get visa .

Some say General category is the gate to no Visa , and only spp is the path for the visa can any one suggest me if there is any possibility to get visa
if you recommend me to apply under this i have almost 15 Lakh to show may be we get more money to show up as we are business class and almost all money is in market .
and some people say you can go for one year diploma course is there loan chances , or i have to give Fd for loan ?

enfield

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
bhavneet said:
Hello friends,
i am here to ask you some help about visa application , i have done Bachelors with Subjects - Psychology , English Elective , and Geography the % is 48.33 and after that i have Done Pgdca with overall score more then 65% and ielts score is as follows
Over all 6.5

L7
R 6.5
W 5.5
S 6

My tenth percentage was 54 and 12th with arts Geography , history and physical education was 60 above.

i have consulted many reputed in punjab, they say something do some thing i really confused some say you can do get visa under general category some say you can not get visa .

Some say General category is the gate to no Visa , and only spp is the path for the visa can any one suggest me if there is any possibility to get visa
if you recommend me to apply under this i have almost 15 Lakh to show may be we get more money to show up as we are business class and almost all money is in market .
and some people say you can go for one year diploma course is there loan chances , or i have to give Fd for loan ?

Hi,

1. You can apply under General, if you are intending for a University level course.

2. You can apply under SPP, if you are aspiring for few of listed colleges under SPP.

Check out listed SPP colleges:

http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/india-inde/visas/StudentPartnersProgram_ProgrammePartenairesEtudiants-Nov09.aspx?view=d

3. It does not matter even if you have Rs. 15 lacs in your account. To apply under SPP/General, a study loan is a very important factor.

I quote SPP/General Visa Checklist:

AS A PREFERRED OPTION for proof of funds: A copy of an Educational Loan from an Indian Chartered Bank equivalent to at least 80% of tuition +living + travel expenses for one academic year (normally, first year’s tuition, unless already paid, plus $8000)

Read the word “PREFERRED OPTION”. I must tell you that this word was not there pre-september 2011, so now you can understand the importance of study loan. It does not matter if you use it or not.

4. Yes, you might face some problem in getting loan for Diploma, Certificate, PG Diploma led courses (mainly from PNB, SBI, UBI and other major Banks). But there are few Public Sector banks (lower level) like UCO, Dena Bank, State Bank of Patiala etc entertaining loan application for Diploma courses. For loan, if you do not have property, you can take the same on FD. You can expect 85 percent of your total required demand, rest 15 percent comes from your pocket.

5. Lastly, I quote you;

“Some say General category is the gate to no Visa , and only spp is the path for the visa.”

I can only encourage you to focus more on SPP/General Visa checklist requirement thn to take notice of any hearsay gossips.

bhavneet

Oct 18, 2011
Thanks Enfield but are u sure the success rate is good for general category can i talk with if u can give me ur number so it will help me lot . 9417116230 or 9781366929

bhavneet

Oct 18, 2011
Enfield one more thing where to get our credentials ? how much they normally cost to indian students and where to get them

enfield

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
bhavneet said:
Thanks Enfield but are u sure the success rate is good for general category can i talk with if u can give me ur number so it will help me lot . 9417116230 or 9781366929
Hi,

Nowhere I said that success rate is more/less for General category. In fact, there is nothing like a 'success rate'. Opportunities are equal for both SPP/General categories. Academic profile is the single most important factor in visa success/failure.

I tried my best to generalize everything, now it's for you to make decision.

enfield

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
bhavneet said:
Enfield one more thing where to get our credentials ? how much they normally cost to indian students and where to get them
Hi,

What do you mean by credentials ? Is it a transcript ?

bhavneet

Oct 18, 2011
yes i heard that you need credentials or your report cards converted to study you have done in your native land to Canada.
Which almost cost 100 to 200$ .
Do refer a post where one person visa was rejected due to he did not submit his credentials.

canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/anyone-re-applying-under-general-t85547.0.html

refer this page in the post above of mine

Melanie86

Ratings: +0

says this

enfield

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
bhavneet said:
yes i heard that you need credentials or your report cards converted to study you have done in your native land to Canada.
Which almost cost 100 to 200$ .
Do refer a post where one person visa was rejected due to he did not submit his credentials.

canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/anyone-re-applying-under-general-t85547.0.html

refer this page in the post above of mine

Melanie86

Ratings: +0

says this

Hi,

That credentials conversion require only in case you are seeking direct employment in Canada, simply to meet the requirement of your employer, if any.

In your case, you need ONLY transcript (it's a one page format, stating all years grades/details). You can apply for transcript ONLY at yours University's Registrar Office. Your college has no role to play in the issuance of your transcript.

vishu639

Star Member
Jul 14, 2011
India
Category........
Visa Office......
Chandigarh
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-07-2012
VISA ISSUED...
20-07-2012
enfield said:
Hi,

That credentials conversion require only in case you are seeking direct employment in Canada, simply to meet the requirement of your employer, if any.

In your case, you need ONLY transcript (it's a one page format, stating all years grades/details). You can apply for transcript ONLY at yours University's Registrar Office. Your college has no role to play in the issuance of your transcript.
hello.
but i made my transcripts directly from college by putting attested copies of all DMCs (by principal) and provisional degree certificate issued by college in a sealed college's official enveloped signed by principal. I sent these transcripts in 3 universities. I have been waiting for their response from 1 month(after submission of documents). Will these transcripts work ??? as the application decision is pending

bhavneet

Oct 18, 2011
10th 54%
12th 60%
Ba 48.33 %
Pgdca 65% this is my whole academic score tell me can i still apply under spp ?

enfield

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
vishu639 said:
hello.
but i made my transcripts directly from college by putting attested copies of all DMCs (by principal) and provisional degree certificate issued by college in a sealed college's official enveloped signed by principal. I sent these transcripts in 3 universities. I have been waiting for their response from 1 month(after submission of documents). Will these transcripts work ??? as the application decision is pending
Hi,

Do not worry, most probably you shall a conditional LOA with a request to submit a sealed/attested Transcript from your University Registrar's office.

SAMMY03

Oct 21, 2011
bhavneet said:
Hello friends,
i am here to ask you some help about visa application , i did my B.com.and my ielts overall score is 6.0
L6
R 6
W 5.5
S 6

My tenth percentage was 40 and 12th 69% and graduation is 68%.

so should i apply at this score or retake the exam.....please suggest me...........