+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ADR for new passport

ethanlaughs

Star Member
Dec 21, 2020
Hi,

I've received ADR for a new passport because my current passport will expire in 4 months. However, due to COVID, it is unlikely for my country to issue new passports. The deadline for ADR is next week. What can I do now? Is it possible to ask IRCC to continue my PR application with my current passport? Will it help if I promise to land within 4 months once I've received my PR? If I can't provide my new passport, will it delay/cancel my PR? I don't want to wait for another year.

Any help is appreciated!

Shops

Jul 25, 2022
Hi,

I've received ADR for a new passport because my current passport will expire in 4 months. However, due to COVID, it is unlikely for my country to issue new passports. The deadline for ADR is next week. What can I do now? Is it possible to ask IRCC to continue my PR application with my current passport? Will it help if I promise to land within 4 months once I've received my PR? If I can't provide my new passport, will it delay/cancel my PR? I don't want to wait for another year.

Any help is appreciated!
How were you able to resolve this please? In the same boat as you. Do you have your PR now? How long did it take post ADR? Kindly reply.