+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Admission to Universities for M.S

vijayjd88

Aug 28, 2011
Hi this is my profile

10th- 81%
12th-71%
B.E(Computer Science)-69.14%

My counsellor said that i wont be eligible for the universities like UoR, University of Saskatchewan,Mc Master University because my graduation percentage is low. They are suggesting memorial University and Concordia university.

Please tell me if I am eligible for these universities.

Inam89

Champion Member
Feb 23, 2012
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
Yes
IELTS Request
Med's Done....
Yes
vijayjd88 said:
Hi this is my profile

10th- 81%
12th-71%
B.E(Computer Science)-69.14%

My counsellor said that i wont be eligible for the universities like UoR, University of Saskatchewan,Mc Master University because my graduation percentage is low. They are suggesting memorial University and Concordia university.

Please tell me if I am eligible for these universities.
I have checked your eligibility for McMaster and you are eligible to apply. Their minimum requirement is overall B- and your percentage is around B. So you can apply there.

UofR: Minimum required average is 70%. Applicants with averages between 65% and 70% will be placed on a waitlist and may be accepted if space is available.

UofS: A cumulative weighted average of at least 70% (U of S grade system equivalent) in the last two years of study (i.e. 60 credit units).

Your SOP and LORs are very important and you may get into these universities if you can explain things in your SOP and your professors give you good LORs. Just to motivate you, one of my seniors got admission in Harvard University with Scholarship while his gpa was 2.01/4.00 so you can do better.

BR,
Inam

P.S. Don't trust others' guidance, search your answers yourself.

cs

Jan 29, 2012
Is that 69% grade is an Indian gpa?
If it is, then I think that you got around B+...that should be enough for admission to Mcmaster.

vijayjd88

Aug 28, 2011
@ Inam89

Thanks a lot brother for spending your valuable time and checking the eligibility criteria.
I really appreciate it :) Your senior getting into Harvard with a relatively low GPA really gives me confidence to apply. I'm sure He must have written an amazing SOP. :)

@cs

Thanks a lot for replying :) Yes it is Indian percentage 69 bro.

Jojii

Star Member
Jun 13, 2012
NOC Code......
Hi Vijay,
I don't see why you can't apply.

Looking at this wikipedia article:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Academic_grading_in_India

I can see that you hold a First Class which is the minimum requirement for quite a number of Universities. Please do remember that a lot of times when they state B or B+ its for North American schools. If you go to the webpage on any university site which stats minimum requirements country wise, you will see that they require First class from India. Which you DO have. Go ahead and apply. You will never know until you apply.

University of Calgary which is a good university if not the best states:

First class/division standing. If student holds a 3 year undergraduate Bachelor's degree, the student must also hold a Master's degree as a minimum requirement for entrance to the Master's program.

Link:
http://grad.ucalgary.ca/India