+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Address change - WP Extension - Paper filling

mike2611

Aug 10, 2018
Hello Experts,

I am working in Canada on closed work permit and wife has open work permit. My employer has filled for our WP extension through Paper filling process in first week of January. I am planning to change my residential address in the same city where I live (address present on the form for extension submitted to CIC). My PR application is also filed online (CEC Express entry) with AOR as 27th September.

Are there any complexities involved if I change my residential address now (specially from WP extension perspective)? I know I can change my address in PR application online but what is the process to send updated address for my application which is filed through paper?

Thanks for your help in advanced.

Mattgraig

Feb 3, 2019
Bangladesh
Category........
As far as I know, need verification if you change your address. You can do that but further verification is needed for a new address.

nage.sai94

Star Member
Jun 5, 2018
Hello Experts,

I am working in Canada on closed work permit and wife has open work permit. My employer has filled for our WP extension through Paper filling process in first week of January. I am planning to change my residential address in the same city where I live (address present on the form for extension submitted to CIC). My PR application is also filed online (CEC Express entry) with AOR as 27th September.

Are there any complexities involved if I change my residential address now (specially from WP extension perspective)? I know I can change my address in PR application online but what is the process to send updated address for my application which is filed through paper?

Thanks for your help in advanced.
As far as I know, If your address got changed and you need to change on application, you just need to call CIC helpline and you need to update your address. No need to give any other proofs.

mike2611

Aug 10, 2018
As far as I know, If your address got changed and you need to change on application, you just need to call CIC helpline and you need to update your address. No need to give any other proofs.
Thank you so much for your response. Thats true and I wont have to give proofs. But even for paper filing is this the same process? I am asking this because, IMM5710E form has current adress and how can we update it in paper filing? In this case, filing is done by employer and everything will be done by them so any guidance on how to proceed for address change in paper filling will help me a lot.

nage.sai94

Star Member
Jun 5, 2018
Thank you so much for your response. Thats true and I wont have to give proofs. But even for paper filing is this the same process? I am asking this because, IMM5710E form has current adress and how can we update it in paper filing? In this case, filing is done by employer and everything will be done by them so any guidance on how to proceed for address change in paper filling will help me a lot.
If you are using employer address as mailing address of documents and your old address as your address, then dont worry no need to do any changes. But if you are using your old address as mailing address then you need change address. As far as I know, you can call the CIC and mention it as paper application and they might ask for UCI number and once you confirm they will change your address on paper application