+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Address Bound PCC from Local Township Police Office

Che_Pal

Mar 7, 2016
Dear Members,

I have read a lot in this forum about rejections for address-bound and/or time-bound PCCs. In my case, I am staying in Myanmar (as Expatriate) since 2014 till now for work. During this time, I stayed in 4 different addresses across 3 townships in the same city (Yangon). 1st address was hotel (When I landed - 1 month stay) then I moved to apartment in a compound at township A, a year later, moved temporarily to service apartment at a different township for 3 months, then went back to the same compound but different house in township A where I am staying till now. Therefore, most of my stay is in township A and when I got the PCC recently it is from township A police station. In the letter, it mentions my current address in that township and that I have no criminal record at this township police station. Given the fact that in Myanmar there is no PCC letter from National police or any government entity, it is only from local township police office. Also that I can't get PCC from the other townships since my stay there was short and I wasn't registered at those townships as well and they will not issue PCC for foreigners unless they are registered at the respective township.
In this case, will my PCC be accepted or do I need to add LoE. I am applying for the 2nd time since my 1st one was rejected for not applying PCC from Myanmar. Your feedback is highly appreciated.

Note: CIC website clearly states that for Myanmar PCC, You should apply in person at your local township police station.

Thanks