+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Add'l Family Info 5406

donfather

Sep 28, 2019
Hi all,

Just finishing up the forms. Yet another hickup. On page 10 of 10 of the checklist, it says IMM 5406 needs signature of all other family members??? There was no mention on the IMM 5406 itself, not to mention no space for signatures.

Am I supposed to use a separate sheet for even the signatures? I've never seen a form that has no space for signatures before, so just wanted to ask your opinion on this so I don't screw it up.

Thanks

thevisawhisperer

Champion Member
Jun 10, 2020
West Coast
My IMM 5406 has a signature line at the bottom. Perhaps you should check again. Only the applicant or dependents 18 years of age or older have to submit an IMM 5406. And each of those people signs his or her own form. If there is only your spouse/partner and minor children (or not) on the application then only the PA has to sign the form.

donfather

Sep 28, 2019
Yes thanks for that. My spouse had already signed on the bottom of that form, but when we got to the checklist, it said: "All other family members of the PA (incl any family members 18 years or older)" for signing and it said nothing else. That is just very confusing and makes one think that all family members listed on that form are required to sign it. So can I assume now that only members who are also applying for residency are only required to sign? NOT those who are simply listed as relatives. That could have been easily added to the instructions on the checklist to communicate to a human being who is not experienced in this stuff. Not your fault, whisperer. I just wanted to spell it out so if somebody reads this in the future, they can understand. Thanks for your help.