+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Additional PCC Clearances required?? Overseas work

reidy86

May 2, 2013
Hi Guys,

Quick Question.

With my job ive worked in a few different countries over the last few years (South Africa, Iceland etc), but I've always maintained a residence in my home country. My question is will I require to get PCC's from these countries as well? I was in South Africa for over 9 months, but never longer then 4 months at a time. Same thing with Iceland, one year in total, but never more than 3 months in a stay. Should I submit my application without these two and hope they dont ask/ apply for them later?

Any help would be appreciated.

Larry

fuad1980

Star Member
May 3, 2013
Dhaka
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore/Australia
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28 April 2011
VISA ISSUED...
21 June 2014
LANDED..........
18 July 2014
Hi Larry,

My opinion is to list the exact duration according to your stay in South Africa, Iceland & your home country. However, I am not sure based on which duration, your visa office will ask for PCC other than your home country. Good luck to your application.

Regards,
Fuad

CEC2013

Dec 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04 FEB 2013
Doc's Request.
26 NOV 2013 (RPRF)
AOR Received.
14 MAR 2013
IELTS Request
Sent with application.
Med's Request
27 NOV 2013
Med's Done....
29 NOV 2013
Interview........
Waived.
Passport Req..
09 DEC 2013
VISA ISSUED...
19 DEC 2013
LANDED..........
21 DEC 2013
Who needs a police certificate?

In general, you and everyone in your family who is 18 years of age or over need to obtain a police certificate. You must obtain a police certificate from each country or territory where you have lived for six consecutive months or longer since reaching the age of 18.
The certificate must have been issued no more than three months before you submit your application.

If the original certificate is neither in English nor in French, submit both the certificate and the original copy of a translation prepared by an accredited translator with your application.

**Unless you lived there for six consecutive months, you dont need it. However, it is at CIC's discreation to request one at a later time. If you feel that it may be necessary and that it would take a long time, you may want to start the process and provide it anyway. But, you are not required to provide one upfront when applying, except for your home country. So, you can submit your app and then send the PCCs when you receive them.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/intro.asp

reidy86

May 2, 2013
Thanks guys, much appreciated.

I think that's what I'll do. Submit my home country one with my application, then get the others going and send them through just in case when they come in.