+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Additional documents requested but can't upload

Fred00

Nov 1, 2016
Hi,

I applied student visa from Turkey. Today I received request of 2 additional documents. First one is a CV(which is fine I can prepare), the other one is named "Supplementary Information Request". When I follow the instructions there is no field to upload these docs. I tried with 3 different web browsers but no luck. Also on my account page, it says No additional documents is required at the moment.

I sent a message via web form but the automatic mail says typical response time is 10 business days. However I need to upload these until November 11. So I am confused right now and waiting for reply, hopefully quickly.

The other issue is on the Supplementary Information Request form it says "When you return to IRAN". I am not from IRAN at all. I am thinking maybe officer sent wrong request message to me. Do you have any suggestions if I don't hear back from the officials?

RAHUL503788

Star Member
Oct 2, 2016
Just put up a email or call them by stating ur passport no.,
Elaborate the issue to them...
Matter will be sorted out, as they are also human beings

Fred00

Nov 1, 2016
Hi,

Thank you for your reply. Do you mean I should call Canadian Embassy in my country? I checked their website and it is written that they don't give answers related to visa on phone.

RAHUL503788

Star Member
Oct 2, 2016
Yes, they dont provide such information due to the security and privacy concerns..
They can provide you generic information which might be helpfull to you,.

Just call them between 9:30 to 10:15..

sincerelyma

Oct 28, 2016
Fred00 said:
Hi,

I applied student visa from Turkey. Today I received request of 2 additional documents. First one is a CV(which is fine I can prepare), the other one is named "Supplementary Information Request". When I follow the instructions there is no field to upload these docs. I tried with 3 different web browsers but no luck. Also on my account page, it says No additional documents is required at the moment.

I sent a message via web form but the automatic mail says typical response time is 10 business days. However I need to upload these until November 11. So I am confused right now and waiting for reply, hopefully quickly.

The other issue is on the Supplementary Information Request form it says "When you return to IRAN". I am not from IRAN at all. I am thinking maybe officer sent wrong request message to me. Do you have any suggestions if I don't hear back from the officials?
In you mycic account, did you click the "view submitted application button"? You can find it there.

mohd2332

Star Member
May 11, 2018
Hi,
The same thing happend with me, they asked me to fill Supplementary Information Request form it says "When you return to IRAN". I am not from IRAN at all. I am from Jordan and I have never been to this country.
Can you Help me or tell me what to do?

Johnsnow 007

Champion Member
Jan 6, 2018
Nigeria
It might be a human error from CIC, if the message or request isn't related to you in any way, simply attend to the option that is and send it through the web form or emails of selected CIC in your regions with a well expressed message regarding the error and how you attended to the one that relates better to you. Don't forget to include your application number, UCI number if you have it, full name as appears on passport, and date of birth