+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Adding spouse after ITA !!

ronu008

Star Member
Sep 7, 2016
Hello Guys,

I got invitation on Dec 22. My profile score is 494. I'm married and now i want to add my spouse. I did mention my marriage in my profile, but decided not sponsor my spouse. I know that technically, if I add her then I have to recalculate my score. if that new score is below 475 (cut off score for Dec 22 round), then I have to decline the invitation and re enter the pool and wait for another draw. But the good news is that, after adding my spouse my score is 477. So question is, Can I add the spouse at this point and continue with my ITA ? I have all the necessary documents to support this change.

I'm also applying for BOWP. Do I have to fill the form "Staturoy declaration of common law union". I mean, do I have to show that I'm married for BOWP?

Senior members plz help

karthik506

Apr 5, 2016
Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
4011 & 4012
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
07-05-2017
AOR Received.
07-05-2017
ronu008 said:
Hello Guys,

I got invitation on Dec 22. My profile score is 494. I'm married and now i want to add my spouse. I did mention my marriage in my profile, but decided not sponsor my spouse. I know that technically, if I add her then I have to recalculate my score. if that new score is below 475 (cut off score for Dec 22 round), then I have to decline the invitation and re enter the pool and wait for another draw. But the good news is that, after adding my spouse my score is 477. So question is, Can I add the spouse at this point and continue with my ITA ? I have all the necessary documents to support this change.

I'm also applying for BOWP. Do I have to fill the form "Staturoy declaration of common law union". I mean, do I have to show that I'm married for BOWP?

Senior members plz help
If you did not mention you marriage and applied as single, it better decline current ITA and wait for next draw. It is the best way...

ronu008

Star Member
Sep 7, 2016
I did mention it in my profile that I'm married but choose not to sponsor my spouse at that point. They do give option for sponsoring your spouse or not.

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ronu008 said:
I did mention it in my profile that I'm married but choose not to sponsor my spouse at that point. They do give option for sponsoring your spouse or not.
You can make the change but you have to be absolutely certain that you're still above the cutoff score after such change.

If you want to play it safe there might be a draw this Wednesday and with your score it is likely you'd get an ITA.

ronu008

Star Member
Sep 7, 2016
Hi,

Thanks for reply. I made dead sure that my new score is 477. is there any eligibility for IELTS bands for spouse? i mean do they have to have , lets say X bands minimum in each ability ?

I manually calculated my score 3 times and verified it using CRS tool on CIC. But I just wanna make sure that I'm safe to go with my current ITA.

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ronu008 said:
Hi,

Thanks for reply. I made dead sure that my new score is 477. is there any eligibility for IELTS bands for spouse? i mean do they have to have , lets say X bands minimum in each ability ?

I manually calculated my score 3 times and verified it using CRS tool on CIC. But I just wanna make sure that I'm safe to go with my current ITA.
No such thing.

gaganjosan

Feb 23, 2017
ronu008 said:
Hello Guys,

Senior members plz help

I have a same case as you:)
Can you please share what you have done?

maxliz13

Jan 20, 2018
Hi,

Hi,Can tell me what was ur update on PR?I am facing the same situation as you. I received my ITA and now want to add non accompanying spouse as accompanying spouse.

hamgha

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2017
App. Filed.......
07-07-2017
Nomination.....
12-04-2017
IELTS Request
21-01-2017
Med's Done....
25-04-2017
Hi,Can tell me what was ur update on PR?I am facing the same situation as you. I received my ITA and now want to add non accompanying spouse as accompanying spouse.
did you read the replies to his post before reasking the same questions in multiple threads?

maxliz13

Jan 20, 2018
i have read it and then posted it. I am seeking an update on what happened next to these PR applicants as it will help me to decline my ITA.