+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

adding spouse after COPR

yes_I_Can

Jun 9, 2019
Hi,

Added my spouse after receiving COPR. Status online changed to submitted and spouse added to my application in Nov 2020.
After that their is no news , Raised a couple of webforms even contacted the Delhi immigration. Haven heard anything from them yet thou.

Is this normal??

Ammutam

Star Member
Jun 10, 2019
Category........
PNP
App. Filed.......
30-06-2019
Doc's Request.
20-06-2019
Nomination.....
Nominated
AOR Received.
09-11-2019
Med's Done....
02-11-2019
Hi,

Added my spouse after receiving COPR. Status online changed to submitted and spouse added to my application in Nov 2020.
After that their is no news , Raised a couple of webforms even contacted the Delhi immigration. Haven heard anything from them yet thou.

Is this normal??

I also added my spouse and my application updated on Jan 2021. I got couple of requests to complete my application including Spouse Bio.,PA medical and Marriage photos..I have completed everything and am waiting for their decision. Have you paid all the fees?

qwerty2520

May 26, 2021
Thanks will do that. Do I need to inform them about the CoPR and request it be canceled and give together.
I am in same situation. Do you have any update on your application? Thanks in advance!
Today I ran into something a little different. I am currently in Canada on my work permit. PR processing under the CEC category. I got a confirmation PR email which says I am now a permanent resident already and just need to take a printout of the confirmation PR and a picture of mine and post it to the etobicoke-landing email address and they will be posting me the PR card. It doesn't have any mention of the Passport as well. Also, I have submitted a web form with documents and fee receipt to add my wife to the application and got an acknowledgement for the web form as well. IRCC site is not reflecting any of this data nor the COPR as well. I'm super confused about how to proceed now. Please help me.
Ita around august
Submission and AOR : 23 October 2020
Medical passed: December 3rd
I Visited India got married on Jan 6th
Submitted webform and got a request for documents submission through a webform and submitted web form on 24th March
Acknowledgment of web form: 13th April
CoPr mail today on 19th April nothing updated in the site. I’m not even clear is this PR just for me or both of us but the letter has just my details in it.
Anyone has any information about these sort of cases? Kindly post...Thanks in advance!

Last edited:

Masood Hameed

May 27, 2021
Hi all,

Good day. My name is Masood Hameed and I live in United Arab Emirates.

I am in a similar situation. Would like any kind of inputs or guidance. To give you a brief background, please see below my timeline:

- Got married on 21st March 2021.
- Informed Abu Dhabi Visa Office (via webform) about my marriage on 26th April 2021.
- Received COPR and Visa Counterfoil (just for me) on 18th May 2021 (valid till 7th April 2022).
- Received "Information Letter" (and not "Request Letter") on 27th May, 2021 with the below exact information:

"This is in reference to your application for permanent residence in Canada. Thank you for advising us of your change in marital status. Please be advised we may be issuing a new Confirmation of Permanent Residence (COPR) and Visa Counterfoil. The COPR and Visa Counterfoil (2022/04/07) currently in your possession have been cancelled. A new Ready for Visa (RFV) letter may be issued once the addition of your spouse and subsequent assessments have been completed. Please follow the instructions in the Ready for Visa letter and return the COPR and Visa Counterfoil currently in your possession."

My queries:

1) I did not receive any 'Ready for Visa' letter for instructions on how to return the COPR and Visa Counterfoil. How to I return them for cancellation? Do I wait for another update for the instructions?
2) No checklist of documents or timelines were mentioned in the "Information Letter" on how to add my spouse and submit her documents for assessment. Will they be sending another update for this as well?
3) Is there a deadline for submission of my spouse's documents? If yes, then how many days?
4) How long does it take for the addition of the spouse from the date of submission.
5) Once my wife's assessment is successful, does she also get COPR and Visa Counterfoil?

I would appreciate any kind of guidance or any other information that you think might be of help to me.

Thank you and stay safe.

chutkij3

Star Member
Jan 31, 2020
Hi guys,

I got married after receiving COPR and informed IRCC about it and got a request to submit some documents and forms in order to add my spouse to my application.
In the IRCC message I got they stated "Updated Generic Application Form for Canada IMM 0008 for yourself and your spouse or common-law partner (CLP)."

I am confused how to fill Generic Application Form for Canada IMM 0008 for myself and my spouse. Does IRCC wants us to submit two different forms one for me as a principal applicant including my spouse as a dependent, and another one for my spouse as a principle applicant with no dependents? and in this case what program and category should I and my spouse choose for question 1 and 2 in the IMM 0008?
Today I ran into something a little different. I am currently in Canada on my work permit. PR processing under the CEC category. I got a confirmation PR email which says I am now a permanent resident already and just need to take a printout of the confirmation PR and a picture of mine and post it to the etobicoke-landing email address and they will be posting me the PR card. It doesn't have any mention of the Passport as well. Also, I have submitted a web form with documents and fee receipt to add my wife to the application and got an acknowledgement for the web form as well. IRCC site is not reflecting any of this data nor the COPR as well. I'm super confused about how to proceed now. Please help me.
Ita around august
Submitted webform and got a request for documents submission through a webform and submitted web form on 24th March
CoPr mail today on 19th April nothing updated in the site. I’m not even clear is this PR just for me or both of us but the letter has just my details in it.
Hi Ayyappa,
Now I am in the same situation as yours. Can you please let me know your process and the steps you have followed to add your spouse and get her copr
Thanks in advance

chutkij3

Star Member
Jan 31, 2020
Hi all,

Good day. My name is Masood Hameed and I live in United Arab Emirates.

I am in a similar situation. Would like any kind of inputs or guidance. To give you a brief background, please see below my timeline:

- Got married on 21st March 2021.
- Informed Abu Dhabi Visa Office (via webform) about my marriage on 26th April 2021.
- Received COPR and Visa Counterfoil (just for me) on 18th May 2021 (valid till 7th April 2022).
- Received "Information Letter" (and not "Request Letter") on 27th May, 2021 with the below exact information:

"This is in reference to your application for permanent residence in Canada. Thank you for advising us of your change in marital status. Please be advised we may be issuing a new Confirmation of Permanent Residence (COPR) and Visa Counterfoil. The COPR and Visa Counterfoil (2022/04/07) currently in your possession have been cancelled. A new Ready for Visa (RFV) letter may be issued once the addition of your spouse and subsequent assessments have been completed. Please follow the instructions in the Ready for Visa letter and return the COPR and Visa Counterfoil currently in your possession."

My queries:

1) I did not receive any 'Ready for Visa' letter for instructions on how to return the COPR and Visa Counterfoil. How to I return them for cancellation? Do I wait for another update for the instructions?
2) No checklist of documents or timelines were mentioned in the "Information Letter" on how to add my spouse and submit her documents for assessment. Will they be sending another update for this as well?
3) Is there a deadline for submission of my spouse's documents? If yes, then how many days?
4) How long does it take for the addition of the spouse from the date of submission.
5) Once my wife's assessment is successful, does she also get COPR and Visa Counterfoil?

I would appreciate any kind of guidance or any other information that you think might be of help to me.

Thank you and stay safe.
Hi Masood,
I got a copr and my spouse didn't receive any ppr nor her name was added on my gc key. Can you share your ideas what steps you have taken once you received your copr and to add or get copr for your spouse

Thanks in advance

Masood Hameed

May 27, 2021
Hi Masood,
I got a copr and my spouse didn't receive any ppr nor her name was added on my gc key. Can you share your ideas what steps you have taken once you received your copr and to add or get copr for your spouse

Thanks in advance
Hi Chutkij3,

I got CoPR but it was later cancelled when I informed them that I got married. After a month of CoPR cancellation, they asked to submit my wife's docs. Gave 30 days timeline to submit (IMM forms, spouse's PCC , spouse's birth certificate, relationship questionnaire for both of us, photos from our wedding, etc). I submitted within 10 days (on 9th July 2021). No update since then. No UCI is generated yet for my spouse.

AG-PPR2020

Jan 25, 2021
US
Category........
FSW
Med's Request
07-12-2020
Med's Done....
16-12-2020
Passport Req..
14-01-2021
Hello all and thank you for this thread! super helpful and I hope CIC picks up on the pending partner applications soon!

I have a valid COPR through Dec 2021 but my partner and I recently passed the 1 year of living together and became common-law partners under the CIC rule. I will be soon declaring my common-law union using the IRCC webform and have the COPR cancelled until my partner's file will be processed. my question for folks with similar experience: What documents do I need to submit when declaring my status change to IRCC? Do I need to submit the full list of documents noted by IRCC here for relationship assessment upfront while declaring via webform? Could I submit some of these (for example letters from family/friends) at a later date?
Thank you in advance for your insights!

chutkij3

Star Member
Jan 31, 2020
Ita around august
Hi Ayyppa,

I am in the same situation as yours. May I know what happened to your file later did your spouse receive PPR? What are the further steps you have taken
Your reply will help me alot
Thank you

Johnjacobb

May 19, 2020
Hello guys, anyone received ppr for outland spouse in recent days?
Morning,

Aor Feb 20
FSW EE Outland
Sent IRCC all my spouses documents and requested she is added to my application.

Got a webform confirmation email on 17th September.

No change on my application via portal and No further communication.

Still waiting for biometrics request for my spouse. Fingera crossed it comes soo !

AG-PPR2020

Jan 25, 2021
US
Category........
FSW
Med's Request
07-12-2020
Med's Done....
16-12-2020
Passport Req..
14-01-2021
Morning,

Aor Feb 20
FSW EE Outland
Sent IRCC all my spouses documents and requested she is added to my application.

Got a webform confirmation email on 17th September.

No change on my application via portal and No further communication.

Still waiting for biometrics request for my spouse. Fingera crossed it comes soo !
any updates on your case? did you hear back?

Johnjacobb

May 19, 2020
Hello all and thank you for this thread! super helpful and I hope CIC picks up on the pending partner applications soon!

I have a valid COPR through Dec 2021 but my partner and I recently passed the 1 year of living together and became common-law partners under the CIC rule. I will be soon declaring my common-law union using the IRCC webform and have the COPR cancelled until my partner's file will be processed. my question for folks with similar experience: What documents do I need to submit when declaring my status change to IRCC? Do I need to submit the full list of documents noted by IRCC here for relationship assessment upfront while declaring via webform? Could I submit some of these (for example letters from family/friends) at a later date?
Thank you in advance for your insights!

If you are the principal applicant of a permanent residence application already in process, you could add your spouse or common-law partner, dependent children, and their dependent children to your application, even if they were listed as a non-accompanying dependent in the initial application.

To do so, we invite you to send your add-on request through the IRCC webform available on our website. You can attach the following forms and documents in the field reserved to that effect:

AG-PPR2020

Jan 25, 2021
US
Category........
FSW
Med's Request
07-12-2020
Med's Done....
16-12-2020
Passport Req..
14-01-2021
If you are the principal applicant of a permanent residence application already in process, you could add your spouse or common-law partner, dependent children, and their dependent children to your application, even if they were listed as a non-accompanying dependent in the initial application.

To do so, we invite you to send your add-on request through the IRCC webform available on our website. You can attach the following forms and documents in the field reserved to that effect:

Thank you for sharing!
I informed them via webform on 09/29 and got a confirmation email on 10/01. Nothing since and just waiting for their further instructions.
I didn't upload all documents though! Just part of the proof for our common-law partnership and a copy of my partner's passport. I will post here if I hear anything.