+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Adding spouse after AOR

deepPro

Nov 18, 2021
Hey, thanks for speedy response, that helps a lot. Do I have to request IRCC to cancel my ECOPR ? I told them about my marital status, right after AOR. Also, they have provided some new slots on my portal to upload each document so no problem there. Was just confused about the forms since there are not many helpful material regarding forms. What stage of or immigration process are you in now ? Were you able to complete your application in one go and how long they took to respond back and provide PPR?
you will have to cancel ecopr. They will give you ecopr again with your spouse. My process was completed in 2021. Its easier and faster processing when you have slots open to upload the document.
its took me 2 days to complete spouse application. They will respond in 2-3 weeks if it going through slots. 2.5 month for both ppr. 15-20 days time period between every request for spouse - biometric- medical and ppr.

Reactions: hamza361
May 8, 2024
Share a timeline here.

AIP NS
2023/10/11 Submitted
2023/11/14 AOR, BIL
2024/03/08 Added a non-accompanying common law partner
2024/03/21 ADR (IMM0008DEP,5406,5562,5669, spouse's medical exam)
2024/04/19 ADR (spouse's police certificate), GCKey medical passed & dependant appeared & background check became Not Applicable
2024/04/21 Called IRCC, was told that crminology in progress, info sharing completed, security screening not started. Eligibility in progress

I browsed through previous posts, most of them got approved around 1 month after the last ADR, hopefully this will happen to me!
It's such a challenge to my mental health to wait like this

ddkhoa3112

Jul 21, 2024
Share a timeline here.

AIP NS
2023/10/11 Submitted
2023/11/14 AOR, BIL
2024/04/19 ADR (spouse's police certificate), GCKey medical passed & dependant appeared & background check became Not Applicable
2024/04/21 Called IRCC, was told that crminology in progress, info sharing completed, security screening not started. Eligibility in progress

I browsed through previous posts, most of them got approved around 1 month after the last ADR, hopefully this will happen to me!
Share a timeline here.

AIP NS
2023/10/11 Submitted
2023/11/14 AOR, BIL

Hello. Any new updates from your case? I'm on the same boat

Arshkaur

Jul 12, 2024
Hello Guys,

I’ve received AOR (Express entry FSW) on 22nd Feb 2019. Got married on 11th May 2019. I’ve requested to add spouse immediately after marriage and they’ve responded after month and a half requesting documents for spouse. I’ve submitted all documents and got confirmation of receipt for spousal documents on 7/24/2019. After that I haven’t heard anything from them. I’ve exceeded 20 days from the 6 months usual timeline. If anybody with similar situation, just wanted to know how long it usually takes till someone get fingerprints request for spouse followed by PPR?

Thanks.
Hey can i please know your timeline i am in the same boat

Jul 31, 2023
Hi,

I got married after AOR and submitted my spouse documents. But today I received an additional document request from IRCC asking for my spouse ielts and his education documents.
Since I have added my spouse after AOR, they should not be asking these documents. I’m not sure what to do now. Can anyone please help?

prhk

Aug 3, 2024
Hi,

I got married after AOR and submitted my spouse documents. But today I received an additional document request from IRCC asking for my spouse ielts and his education documents.
Since I have added my spouse after AOR, they should not be asking these documents. I’m not sure what to do now. Can anyone please help?
Hello,
Can you please share your timeline?
When did you raised webform to add spouse?

Thanks in advance!

tee3000

Aug 19, 2024
Hi,

Please I need guidance/clarification as it's pretty urgent.

I got married on July 25th 2024 after my AOR in December 2023. On July 18th, I received a request to update some information regarding my POF which I could only sort out the week of 16th August 2024 when I also submitted a webform informing of the change in status.

The issue is I got the "Ready for Visa" email on 15th August 2024 while the webform is still pending.

I'm not sure what my next step is supposed to be as the email expressly states that I have 30 days to submit my passport AND reiterates that a Change of Status must be reported.

Do I go ahead and submit my passport or wait for a response to the webform?

Thank you so much for your help.

tee3000

Aug 19, 2024
Hi guys, my AOR is March 2022, and I received the RFV email on March 7 2023.
However, I got married in March and sent the documents to IRCC via webform on March 31st 2023.
One week later they sent an email confirming they received the documents.

I had no updates after this.
What has been the timeline after adding a spouse? More than 8 months?
Hi! Please I wanted to ask if you disregarded the RFV since you submitted your webform? I also received the RFV and I have also raised a webform so I'm not sure what the next step is supposed to be for me. Thank you!

tee3000

Aug 19, 2024
Finally received BIL for my spouse today, as well as a new medical request and police certificate for me.

So relieved to see progress!

General timeline for those interested:

March 2nd 2022 - Got married
March 3rd 2022 - Informed IRCC
March 22nd 2022 - Received RFV email, and responded to say I have gotten married
May 2022 - Received request for documents for spouse, uploaded everything May 15th inc upfront medical
Then nothing until today. In September 2022 I sent updated POF as previous POF were for myself as an individual (and they never requested this when requesting other documents)
17th Jan 2023 - BIL and request for medicals and new police certificate

Have faith everyone, we will get there eventually
Hi! Does this mean when you got RFV you never actually submitted your passport? In the same boat and need clarification, thank you!

Salman Khalid

Apr 6, 2020
Giving you guys a follow up.
I received a message in my portal saying:
"Final Decision: July 6...Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made."

It looks like they are processing it faster.
It also might be because My AOR is March 2022 and they approved my application on March 7th 2023.
But then I got married and sent them the documents on March 31st 2023.
I also called them to confirm if they had received my documents after 5 days.

After 3 months, in June they asked for husband's biometrics, POF and Relationship Questionnaire.
I sent them and after +-10 days I received this Final Decision message in the portal.
I think I'll be receiving the PPR at the end of July or August.

Best luck to everyone!
When you received this response did you submitted your passport or you withdraw your ECOPr?