+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Activities & Responsiblities not shown on appointment letter & Experiance Letter

Maytoss

Star Member
Feb 3, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Waiting
NOC Code......
Not yet decided
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Interview........
NA
Hi Guys,

Appointment letter & Experience letter

I do not know, how you people are getting your experience letter & appointment letters in your respective countries.
But in India you will not have my roles and responsibilities on those employment letters nor my manager will not interested to give them on company letter head or any email even if you request him also.

Please advise me, is that enough to provide appointment letter & experience letter without those information while submitting PR application?

you quick response is always appreciated..!

Thx

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Any reference letter without a mention of roles & responsibilities is incomplete as it doesn't help CIC match it against the NOC. And that is critically important to determine eligibility under FSWP.

There are options available. You can try uploading an LOE along with notarized copies from ex-colleagues or try a notarized self-declaration as a last resort.

Maytoss

Star Member
Feb 3, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Waiting
NOC Code......
Not yet decided
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Interview........
NA
Any reference letter without a mention of roles & responsibilities is incomplete as it doesn't help CIC match it against the NOC. And that is critically important to determine eligibility under FSWP.
Asivad Anac said:
There are options available. You can try uploading an LOE along with notarized copies from ex-colleagues or try a notarized self-declaration as a last resort.
thanks for your reply,

What is LOE?

Please could you more elaborate.. like from my previous companies as well as current organization I cannot get any thing related to roles & responsibilities in written in their letter head nor from my Manager. but my CV will match exactly my activities.
And if CIC any background check than they may approve. But from my side what kind of documentation I should submit along with my application proofing that these are my roles & responsibilities..?

please advise and it is highly appreciated...!

Thanks

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Maytoss said:
Any reference letter without a mention of roles & responsibilities is incomplete as it doesn't help CIC match it against the NOC. And that is critically important to determine eligibility under FSWP. thanks for your reply,

What is LOE?

Letter of Explanation

Please could you more elaborate.. like from my previous companies as well as current organization I cannot get any thing related to roles & responsibilities in written in their letter head nor from my Manager. but my CV will match exactly my activities.
And if CIC any background check than they may approve. But from my side what kind of documentation I should submit along with my application proofing that these are my roles & responsibilities..?

Your CV won't be sufficient. A reference letter has to be signed by someone else in the organization - your supervisor or HR for instance. As a last resort, you can try sending in a notarized self declaration along with an LOE which highlights your unsuccessful efforts at procuring a reference letter in the required format and politely request the officer to consider this self declaration favorably. No guarantees on this one though.

please advise and it is highly appreciated...!

Thanks

aliveli33

Apr 25, 2015
Hi Asivad,

Another question on this. My company has set in stone experience letters which they do not deviate from the contents such as salary confirmation, wrok confirmation etc. The work confirmation does not include all the responsibilities I have in my every day work. We have job descriptions explained in seperate documents in our intranet. Do you think would it be sufficient to support the work confirmation (experience letter) with an exclusive job description document. Salary letter will be a seperate document as well, any thoughts on this.

In addition, that job description document is not exactly word to word matching with the NOC code. Is this a requirement?

Thanks

Rgds

Maytoss

Star Member
Feb 3, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Waiting
NOC Code......
Not yet decided
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Interview........
NA
thanks for your reply and I have left the organization long time ago. If I request them now I think they may be unaware of them about me and my activities. And If I go to recent organization they may deny, not sure what to do now...! If I give self affidavit on legal bond paper will it be sufficient?

please advise ..

thanks

ayekayman

Jan 17, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10th November 2015
AOR Received.
10th November 2015
If you recall fairly accurately, you can write down your roles and responsibilities and email that document to your previous company's HR requesting them to include those roles and responsibilities in the requested reference letter. You can also mention your then-supervisor's name, so that HR could verify with him abt the accuracy. If your supervisor has also left the organisation, then request HR to contact concerned department person regarding vericity of the documented roles and responsibilities.

This works with most decent companies. I have done this with 2 of my past organisations and they gave me the reference letters without any fuss.