Abuja
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Howdy my peeps
Bet everyone's wondering how the interview turned out for me. Hmm..............not quite like I expected. Anyway, here's how it played out.

The interview was quite intense. The interviewer stated that she had concerns about my transcript because I submitted a copy which was stamped "STUDENT'S COPY" and she said that, from what she had been told, universities in Nigeria DO NOT give out student copies of transcripts to graduates. I told her they would BUT ONLY on request and they usually would not give out more than one copy to the student. In addition, it is stamped STUDENT'S COPY so that the recipient would not be able to use it to process applications for higher degrees or post-graduate diplomas.

She then proceeded to grill me about courses I wrote in my first year, my research project in the university, subjects I found difficult. Unfortunately, I mentioned two courses which I had intended to write as electives but which I had to drop as I had a bout of ill health during the semester as courses which I had written. It was after the interview that I remembered that I had ended up not registering those courses and therefore they would not be listed in my transcript! I went back in to inform her about my mistake and she promised to include that as part of her report. I stressed to her that the transcript was genuine and I had not doctored it and I invited her to carry out a security check on the document to confirm its genuineness. I also asked her to highlight any other concerns she may have about my application as I would not want to shoot myself in the foot (my very words) but she said that was the only concern she had.

She also asked me about my employment history as well as my reasons for switching jobs when I did. She asked for my complimentary card which I did not have with me (as it was not SPECIFICALLY requested for) but I told her that I had my office ID CARD which she said was not necessary for her to see. In addition, she stated that I did quite well in my IELTS exam which she found unusual as, according to her, most SINGLE APPLICANTS do NOT score that number of points for English proficiency. I found that slightly disturbing and I hope that it has not engendered any bias with regards to my application and how it is being assessed.

I have to say that I found the experience quite disturbing because I would imagine that a security check ought to have been carried out on my transcript or any other document which I submitted along with my application BEFORE I was invited for an interview. Having had the application rejected erroneously in the past, I am surprised that such a concern was not addressed specifically before the interview date. The interviewer did not request any specific document from me with regards to the application. She only stated that she would present her report to the visa officer who would take a decision on my application.

Well, my representatives have written to them asking that the visa office do not reject my application until the transcript has been verified/checked out. I've also asked someone in my school to help me process another transcript to be sent directly to the visa office.

So that's it. I'm still waiting to hear what their decision is going to be.

Congrats to Boljet once again (we were in Ghana together and it was a lovely period) and to the recently awarded PRs. I pray the rest of us will experience their joy as ours too and very soon.

tinuadeadebola

Champion Member
Feb 28, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10th April 2010
Doc's Request.
22-06-2010
AOR Received.
22-06-2010
IELTS Request
already taken
File Transfer...
26-06-2010
Med's Request
June18th 2012
Med's Done....
June 21st 2012
Passport Req..
August 21st 2012
VISA ISSUED...
August 27th 2012
LANDED..........
February, 2013
Brightside, am really surprised that they would ask what courses you did in 100 level. Infact remembering my 400 level courses completely is a struggle how much more 100 level. But relax my brother and see the power of God and destiny work for you. Sometimes we dont appreciate him much when the interview/test goes too smoothly but when it looks like our strenght cannot carry us then God shows up on our behalf.

I trust that God will grant your file favour before the visa officer and ONLY good news will you hear at the end of it all. I believe its also a lesson for all of us particularly the naija folk that we should get a transcript if possible addressed to CHC Accra included in our application.

I say congratulations to brightside in advance

fran6

May 16, 2010
Say, what was your IELTS score, and which would you advice for one to sit the academic or the general module?
I am apply for the skilled immigrant program.
thanks

dreamteam

Star Member
Nov 26, 2008
my guy,this is the time to stand on what you believe in, when i was on the first stage on the Accra end, i was told by everybody i had to do ielts or risk forfeiting the whole process, i decided to write and back up with evidences and trusted God,let me confess to u, i stopped visiting the forum, cos each i did i saw something that challenged my position and potentially shook my faith.my bro,just look at the side you want to see which is approval,stand on that and believe.u know over there more of such will happen,thne will u consider coming back home?NO NEVER!!!!face it now and overcome.

barsindoo

Champion Member
Jul 7, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Moi bro I am sorry to hear about the happening at the CHC Ghana Interview Panel. But like Dreamteam stressed "what report do you want to believe?" I would stress that you look onto Jesus the Author of all things. I pray that your joy will be full very soon.

Tinuadeadebola your name change for him is very apt. He will overcome by His grace.

As for transcript I think people should secure those things well ahead of time. My spouse transcripts were never sent to CHC even though we paid and asked them to address them to CHC.

Finally, from Brightside's experience everyone should prepare for interviews in-depth. Expect anything and all situational questions. Good luck to all that still have interviews.

dooriyaan...

Apr 14, 2010
LAHORE
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
April - 2011
In addition, she stated that I did quite well in my IELTS exam which she found unusual as, according to her, most SINGLE APPLICANTS do NOT score that number of points for English proficiency. I found that slightly disturbing and I hope that it has not engendered any bias with regards to my application and how it is being assessed.

dear these are amazing comments by Interviewer. Really amazing.
Please clarify it ,, whether she Appraised your points in IELTS or was moking about your proficiency.

Bcoz m also SINGLE APPLICANT and in Ielts my points are also 16/16. (List-8.5, R,W,S = 7) . This means Canadian dont digest our best performance in English language.

Regards

funtom

Apr 21, 2010
Visa Office......
accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
4th may 2010
IELTS Request
done
my comment is on the name our brother used (darkside) wat do you expect in a name like that,am sorry i will advocate you change that if truly you are xtian and niger intrested in climbing higher with heaven assistance.
sorry if my comment is raw but the truth should be told
change the name now..........................

beauhoe

Champion Member
May 24, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Darkside-No worries! You will receive your PPR very soon. Did “a decision has been made” and “Medical results have been received” appear the same day? I think if it was a rejection, your e-cas will not show “medical results have been received”. Keep your head up... You are almost there. In a worst case scenario, you still have the right to appeal if you get rejection.
If the world offers you a lemon, make orange juce out of it my man.
Cheers,

ANigerian

Mar 24, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Guys

What is it with the name, lay off!!!

He never said this is the name his parents gave him and for your information, it is just an 'avatar' and it has got nothing to do with religion or aspiration.

Peace!!!

barsindoo

Champion Member
Jul 7, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Sorry guys we were just prophesying into our brother's life and situation. No beef at all. We love him with the love of God.

It is well with him anyway.