+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Accounting job

Bobbtom

Nov 2, 2023
Hi dear all
I'm an accountant with more than 5-year experience in the field of accouning, management and finance. It's really possible to find a job in Canada from abroad? Do employers actually afford job offers to non residential citizens?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi dear all
I'm an accountant with more than 5-year experience in the field of accouning, management and finance. It's really possible to find a job in Canada from abroad? Do employers actually afford job offers to non residential citizens?
Focus on immigrating and then finding a job. Employers have to file for a LMIA to hire a foreign worker and prove that no accountants are in. Canada to do the job. Few employers are wiling to go through the process and pay for it. Then with LMIA you apply for a closed work permit. Assume you are CA.

Reactions: Bobbtom

Bobbtom

Nov 2, 2023
Focus on immigrating and then finding a job. Employers have to file for a LMIA to hire a foreign worker and prove that no accountants are in. Canada to do the job. Few employers are wiling to go through the process and pay for it. Then with LMIA you apply for a closed work permit. Assume you are CA.
Thanks, but not a CA. I get no certificate for CA. Meaning it won't worth applying, right?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Thanks, but not a CA. I get no certificate for CA. Meaning it won't worth applying, right?
Many jobs will state that you only apply if citizen, PR or have a work permit. Many accounting jobs will list what credentials you need CA, CPA, CGA. If you don’t have designation then chances are very low, if next to impossible.

Bobbtom

Nov 2, 2023
Many jobs will state that you only apply if citizen, PR or have a work permit. Many accounting jobs will list what credentials you need CA, CPA, CGA. If you don’t have designation then chances are very low, if next to impossible.
Ur quite right. Almost impossible to be honest. Without a provincial nomination it's a suicidal hope staying in into the EE pool.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi dear all
Sounds like you may be a bookkeeper and not an accountant. You’ll have to review the NOC for accountant or a bookkeeper. If you are working for an employer with offices in Canada and internal transfer may be an option. With a lot of software options making doing your bookkeeping or taxes much easier there is less need for bookkeepers in general but there are certainly still people who take on clients and do their books. The fact that you are not a CA means less opportunities and lower pay. Canada is a small country and many people with a finance background are coming to Canada or returning from jobs abroad because of family so the competition is pretty stiff for many finance jobs. Do you have any connections in Canada? how old are you?have you worked for a well known employer? What kind of degree do you have and where are you from? Did you study at a school that is well known internationally?