+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Accompanying spouse express entry

KatieA

Oct 19, 2018
I am applying for express entry under federal skilled workers program.
My fiancé is accompanying me on my application.
If I am offered perminant residency through this, will he also become a perminant resident and is he able to also work as a skilled worker in Canada? Or does he need an additional work permit? How does it work?

Thanks

kuskus

Champion Member
Jun 17, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You'll have to be married before the competition of the application process and add him to the application.

KatieA

Oct 19, 2018
You'll have to be married before the competition of the application process and add him to the application.
As far as I'm aware you don't need to be married. It's fine to go as common law partners so long as you can provide evidence that you have lived together for a minimum of 12 months which we have.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
As far as I'm aware you don't need to be married. It's fine to go as common law partners so long as you can provide evidence that you have lived together for a minimum of 12 months which we have.
Terminology. You stated fiance; there is no fiance class in Canadian immigration. Either you are married or common-law. For clarity on the forum and in your app, common-law partner is the correct term.

Reactions: kuskus