+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Accompanying family member receive Passport Request, and the main applicant not

dreamy77

Jun 18, 2013
Hi All,

Accompanying family member (my husband) has received a Passport Request (as of June 13), and me (the main applicant) still nothing.
Has this ever happened to anyone?
What would be the explanation?

Whats should I do? Should we mail both passports?

Thanks!

start1000

Jun 26, 2013
Hi there,
I have the same issue.

My mother and brother both applied for visitor visas and my mother received an email today for passport request. the email says to her "this is for yourself and (if applicable) family members" . However, on the top of the page only my mother's name and file number is written. I do not know if it is for both or not.

Have you found out about your case?

sarge_in

Jun 21, 2013
Same issue for me too. My wife received the passport request letter on Jun 21, but I have not. Pls post update if anyone of you has any further development.

sarge_in

Jun 21, 2013
I had submitted status update request to Los Angeles consulate through their web form as well as by email asking about my application status. Just received the following reply:

"Please forward all inquiries regarding your online application to: CPP-CTP-OTTAWA-TRV-VRT @ cic.gc.ca"

I just sent email to this address too. Will post if/when I hear back from them.

sarge_in

Jun 21, 2013
I got back a general response from Ottawa that they will continue processing my application, but cannot say how long it will take. While it was good to get a response, nothing came of it (so far).
I went ahead and submitted another application, as my first application had a blank passport since it was new. This time I included pages from old passport too to show travel history - no idea if that will help.
Can't believe having to go through all this for a simple transit visa. If I had known about all this earlier, I would have chose a different route. Oh well..

start1000

Jun 26, 2013
Ok. This means that every single applicant should receive his/her own passport request and otherwise the application is in process and not complete yet.

Thanks Sarge_in and hope to receive good news soon.

sarge_in

Jun 21, 2013
I got the passport request email today morning.

A few things I had done:
1. Responded back to their email on 7/3 saying that my wife had already received her passport request and asking if I should send my passport with it too. I got a response to this email as well today saying that the passport request letter had been sent to my CIC account. I think this helped as they responded to the email as well the same day I got my passport request email.
2. As mentioned above, I had created a new application with more documents right away - old passport scans to show travel history, employment verification letter, paystubs, bank account statements etc on 7/2. I don't see any activity on this application ID, so no idea if this helped or not.
3. It has been 20 days since I responded to original request for additional documents. The original request itself had come 20 days after first application submission. It is possible that with new document my application went back in the queue with 20-day turnaround.

Best of luck to you!

start1000

Jun 26, 2013
Congratulations!!! That's a good news! :) Can you please let me know how many days it took from the date your wife got her passport request until you received yours? Perhaps it gives me a very rough estimate about how many days we might have to wait.

All the best to you and enjoy your trip ;)

sarge_in

Jun 21, 2013
It was about 20 days later. I recommend sending Ottawa an email stating that some members of your family have received the request but others have not. I think that is what helped in my case (no way to be sure, of course).