+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Accomadation in Vancouver

torontoluv

Aug 9, 2010
hi,
Please i would like to have a rough idea of how much it is to rent a 1 bedroom Appt in vancouver..

Thank you

NeedleArtist

Star Member
Oct 9, 2008
Vancouver, BC
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Tough to say. It can vary dramatically from area to area. Within the city limits, generally rents are much higher in Yaletown, West End, Kitsilano, Kerrisdale. Lower in Marpole, Joyce-Collingwood, Strathcona, Hastings-Sunrise. Outside the city itself (but still withing the Vancouver metro area) the North Shore is on the more expensive side, whereas cheaper rents can be found in Coquitlam, Surrey, parts of Burnaby and Richmond, and New Westminster. Generally speaking, the further out you go, the cheaper housing costs will be.

It also depends a great deal on the type of rental you're looking for. In the downtown core and in parts of Richmond, Burnaby, New West and North Van luxury high-rise glass & concrete towers predominate. In other cities and less densly populated areas of Vancouver mid-rise apartments are more common. Also very common throughtout the metro are basement and upper suites (where the owner/landlord lives in one level of a private house and rents out a portion (usually with separate entrance/kitchens/utrilities/etc.) For the most part these suites are larger than 1 bedroom so you'd probably be better off concentrating on mid & high rise buildings.

I pay $2500/month for a 1025 sf. 2br/2ba with large balcony on the 25th floor of a highrise in Yaletown. I pay $100/month for an extra parking space (garaged). A 1br/1ba 680 sf in burnably midrise in a fair-to-good area an run from 800-1100.

Good Luck!

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
NeedleArtist said:
I pay $2500/month for a 1025 sf. 2br/2ba with large balcony on the 25th floor of a highrise in Yaletown.
Are you renting a furnished or an unfurnished suite? Generally speaking, furnished suite is more expensive than unfurnished ones.

torontoluv

Aug 9, 2010
steaky said:
Are you renting a furnished or an unfurnished suite? Generally speaking, furnished suite is more expensive than unfurnished ones.

Hi
I would like to rent Funished but would not mind unfunished. so please do you have an idea of how much?

Thank you

Ayodele

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Check out the website below. Lots of furnished, unfurnished suite and shared accommodation listings:

www.rentbc.com