+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ACCAs to apply for FSW

shibleebd

Champion Member
Jun 2, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hi i have started this blog just for those who have passed ACCA & want to immigrate to Canada like me.

is there anybody? so that we can help each other while making the application for FSW to Canada?

however, does anybody happen to know how many points will ACCA qualification get for education?

thnx in advance

ambitious1sc

Apr 9, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
POS, Trinidad
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-APR-2010
Doc's Request.
06-JUL-2010
Med's Request
03-FEB-2012
Passport Req..
03-FEB-2012
VISA ISSUED...
18-APR-2012
LANDED..........
28-APR- 2012
hi shibleedbd,

i see u got your medical request. do you kno how much points u got for ACCA?

shibleebd

Champion Member
Jun 2, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hi AMBITIOUS1SC

3 scenarios:

1. if u have 14 year's full time education with ACCA affiliate degree: 20 points
2. if u have 15 year's full time education with ACCA affiliate degree: 22 points
3. if u have 17 year's full time education with ACCA affiliate degree + any further recognised Masters degree certificate: 25 points

good luck.....

ambitious1sc said:
hi shibleedbd,

shody

Jun 24, 2010
i would like to take the ACCA before i go to canada but i am waiting to finish the CMA to benefit from 7 papers excemption
in your opinion which is better in Canada ACCA or the CPA

shibleebd

Champion Member
Jun 2, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hi SHODY

i have done some research on ACCA in Canada & its acceptability in Canadian job market.

to be blunt with u, so far what i have learnt (& i think it's very limited knowledge as i am not in Canada, so i just relied on phone calls to different accountancy bodies in Canada & online research) is this:

1. ACCA is at its primary stage in Canada
2. when u pass ACCA, u should (actually it's a must) apply for ACCA membership
3. u should (must) make sure that u have a recognised university degree (in ur home country) beside ACCA
4. when u become a ACCA member, u should (must) apply for CGA (Certified General Accountants of Canada) membership. ACCA & CGA has got MRA (mutual recognition agreement) which allows erach body's members to apply for mewmbership without any hassle (i think u might already know this). after u apply for membership, CGA office will accept & approve ur application for membership without any hassle & will ask u to just take a short internet based course in Canadian law & tax
5. CGAs are in good demand in Canada (as long as u have some sort of Canadian experience) as it's a Canadian qualification
6.as per CPA, i am not sure what their job market is like in Canada, to be honest....but plz do share with us if u have any info on that bit

i think u have got some idea.....

good luck........

shody said:
i would like to take the ACCA before i go to canada but i am waiting to finish the CMA to benefit from 7 papers excemption
in your opinion which is better in Canada ACCA or the CPA

shibleebd

Champion Member
Jun 2, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hi AMBITIOUS1SC

i think it's 25 as i had 18 year's of full time education + i provided them with the letter of equivalency from ACCA which declared that:

1. ACCA's Part2= a UK Honours degree
2. ACCA's Part3= a UK Masters degree

but i think what really affect ACCA passed folks are the location of CHCs & the local knowledge of the visa officers in that country. coz LDN :( CHC is located in UK & i have a slight hope that visa officers in LDN :( CHC are well aware of the fact that ACCA qualification (i mean passing all exams) are equivalent to a UK masters degree & also they are aware of ACCAs jopb market demand in UK. it would be entirely different if my visa office was in some other countries where ACCA qualifiaction isn't that popular. in that case i might end up with only 20 points. also, in the CHC's Operations Manual it is clearly stated that visa officers are expected to exercise their local knowledge in the given country/ area.

i hope i was clear.....

good luck..........

ambitious1sc said:
hi shibleedbd,

eemmoo1

Champion Member
Apr 15, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I myself is ACCA member. I also sent an inquiry to ACCA canada and as per them an ACCA member with a 14 year graduation degree will be eligible for 22 marks. But it really depends upon the VO knowledge about the professional qualifications.

Regards,

ambitious1sc

Apr 9, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
POS, Trinidad
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-APR-2010
Doc's Request.
06-JUL-2010
Med's Request
03-FEB-2012
Passport Req..
03-FEB-2012
VISA ISSUED...
18-APR-2012
LANDED..........
28-APR- 2012
Thanks shibleebd .... you have been a big help. My visa office is Port-of-Spain Trinidad and ACCA is well recognised as the accounting qualification to have in my country. I dont have a bachelor's degree as when i did ACCA it was not a requirement. However, I have a Post graduate Diploma from Heriot Watt University in the UK through distance learning and I have one more paper to write in August to complete the MBA degree from the same university, total years of study is 19 years. The MBA program is recognised in my country. I hope this will be sufficient for my CHC as I need at least 20 education points to get the required 67.

thanks again for your help

Ambitious

tinuadeadebola

Champion Member
Feb 28, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10th April 2010
Doc's Request.
22-06-2010
AOR Received.
22-06-2010
IELTS Request
already taken
File Transfer...
26-06-2010
Med's Request
June18th 2012
Med's Done....
June 21st 2012
Passport Req..
August 21st 2012
VISA ISSUED...
August 27th 2012
LANDED..........
February, 2013
hello folks

I dont have ACCA yet but am writing the exam in december. I have exemptions because i already passed the professional exam of my countrys and they have a relatioship with ACCA. I ahve also heard ACCA and CGA have mutual recognition policy. My question is: Does having a CGA put food on table in Canada? does it enhance your employability? are there seniors who have practical experience or who have friends who the certificate has worked for in canada?

Am asking because i have an option to either do ACCA or MBA and i heard MBA is hot cake in canada (dont klnow how far this is true anyways) so please share your opinion on ACCA versus MBA

Cheers

shibleebd

Champion Member
Jun 2, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hi AMBITIOUS1SC

u will be more than ok...u will be through as u will get at least 22 points for education

good luck.......

ambitious1sc said:
Thanks shibleebd .... you have been a big help. My visa office is Port-of-Spain Trinidad and ACCA is well recognised as the accounting qualification to have in my country. I dont have a bachelor's degree as when i did ACCA it was not a requirement. However, I have a Post graduate Diploma from Heriot Watt University in the UK through distance learning and I have one more paper to write in August to complete the MBA degree from the same university, total years of study is 19 years. The MBA program is recognised in my country. I hope this will be sufficient for my CHC as I need at least 20 education points to get the required 67.

thanks again for your help

Ambitious

shibleebd

Champion Member
Jun 2, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
tinuadeadebola said:
hello folks

I dont have ACCA yet but am writing the exam in december. I have exemptions because i already passed the professional exam of my countrys and they have a relatioship with ACCA. I ahve also heard ACCA and CGA have mutual recognition policy. My question is: Does having a CGA put food on table in Canada? does it enhance your employability? are there seniors who have practical experience or who have friends who the certificate has worked for in canada?= having a CGA will be sufficient to put food on table as per my understanding & research, as long as u have some sort of Canadian experience to add to. but unfortunately i don't know/ saw any member here or any of my friend who have yet migrated to Canada with ACCA/CGA qualification.

Am asking because i have an option to either do ACCA or MBA and i heard MBA is hot cake in canada (dont klnow how far this is true anyways) so please share your opinion on ACCA versus MBA= again, my knowledge is very limited as i mentioned in my previous posts. but i am currently in UK & i have seen a lot of folks with a good MBA degree from my country who came to UK & ended up studying the MBA again---coz the emplyers here didn't wanna hire them as the MBA is not from a UK university & also my folks din't have any UK experience. i am not sure how similar UK & Canada will be in terms of job market, but what i learnt & understood from seniors/ friends in this forum is that in Canada the employers r also choosy about the Canadian qualification & experience. i think u know what i mean. having a MBA from a foreign country to Canada might not be enough to land a job & having a ACCA also might not be enough as ACCA is still at the very very initial stage of entering/ penetrating Canadian job market. but in my opinion, if u r to choose between a MBA degree from ur home country's uni & ACCA---i would say go for ACCA

good luck.....

Cheers