+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Academic suspension

redsanclip

Jun 22, 2024
Life is full of consequences.. welcome to adulthood
Sorry foodie, that doesn't really help. Because my international student advisors suggested me to go to a different dli to keep my student status and they said I'll still be eligible for pgwp, now I'm getting conflicting information that's why

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Sorry foodie, that doesn't really help. Because my international student advisors suggested me to go to a different dli to keep my student status and they said I'll still be eligible for pgwp, now I'm getting conflicting information that's why
You will not be eligible for a PGWP for your current program if you are on suspension and are not studying at the school. Keeping student status is one part but not taking breaks in your program is another key part of getting your PGWP. Plus you have to change your study permit to another DLI and then change it back again. IRCC will know that you were a full time student at the original DLI.

Reactions: rcincanada2019

redsanclip

Jun 22, 2024
I've seen cases of people still getting their pgwp after their suspensions tho? If that's the real case, I was asking cic for my work eligibilities right now and my chances of getting a pgwp, and they said I should be fine if I am enrolled in a different dli for the fall semester. Again not questioning you, I am just very confused with a lot of different information and sources

hamsterlegend

Apr 28, 2023
I've seen cases of people still getting their pgwp after their suspensions tho? If that's the real case, I was asking cic for my work eligibilities right now and my chances of getting a pgwp, and they said I should be fine if I am enrolled in a different dli for the fall semester. Again not questioning you, I am just very confused with a lot of different information and sources
It's honestly going to be under the discretion of the officer. I've even seen cases here including my friend who broke some rules in PGWP eligibility. He was working more than 20 hours when he wasn't supposed to but still got his pgwp just last week. I also have a friend who was in a similar situation as you. Some officers are lenient, some are not. All you could do is apply, wait and hope it gets approved.

Manlikeali_11

Jun 27, 2024
I got an academic suspension for 2 semesters, my study permit expires in September but I started the renewal process before I got the suspension it’s been over a month since I started the renewal process and I IRCC sent me the letter of correspondence already but before my suspension I got admitted into a new college and was planning to inform IRCC once I get the new study permit. Do you think the suspension will not let me study permit get renewed? Because I’m close to getting a decision and I don’t think IRCC knows about the suspension already

Manlikeali_11

Jun 27, 2024
I got an academic suspension for 2 semesters, my study permit expires in September but I started the renewal process before I got the suspension it’s been over a month since I started the renewal process and I IRCC sent me the letter of correspondence already but before my suspension I got admitted into a new college and was planning to inform IRCC once I get the new study permit. Do you think the suspension will not let me study permit get renewed? Because I’m close to getting a decision and I don’t think IRCC knows about the suspension already

redsanclip

Jun 22, 2024
My school advisors suggested me to go back to my home country for the suspension period or change dli or become a visitor. However my lawyer says, my study permit would expire if I go back home since my suspension is 8months long.

What's the best course of action for me here?

Manlikeali_11

Jun 27, 2024
My school advisors suggested me to go back to my home country for the suspension period or change dli or become a visitor. However my lawyer says, my study permit would expire if I go back home since my suspension is 8months long.

What's the best course of action for me here?
Get into a new school a change DLI or do you want to go back?

redsanclip

Jun 22, 2024
I am not leaning towards any certain possibility, I would like to pick whichever one that will not ruin my study permit regulations. My almost concern right now is if I would get a study permit or not as I have been suspended from 2 different DLIs now. When I talked to my lawyer he said my chances are almost null. So, I am not sure which option to pick. That could maybe you know lead up to a pgwp on the off chance

Manlikeali_11

Jun 27, 2024
Ohh damn 2 different DLI’s. Well I heard if you get suspended you won’t be able to get PGWP unless you go into a full time program in another college and apply for PGWP when you done with that college.

Manlikeali_11

Jun 27, 2024
I am not leaning towards any certain possibility, I would like to pick whichever one that will not ruin my study permit regulations. My almost concern right now is if I would get a study permit or not as I have been suspended from 2 different DLIs now. When I talked to my lawyer he said my chances are almost null. So, I am not sure which option to pick. That could maybe you know lead up to a pgwp on the off chance
And since your study permit is still valid and if you can get into a new college and change your DLI and inform IRCC I don’t think that will be a problem

redsanclip

Jun 22, 2024
Yeah I did try to change dli, but there was a problem with signing into my GCkey account so I filled up an online form about my authentication error that I received. They still haven't fixed it yet. Should I make a new GCkey account and link my application to it or should I keep waiting?

Manlikeali_11

Jun 27, 2024
How long ago did you get your first suspension from the first college? And yeah I guess you should change the gckey because if you try waiting it might be too late