+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Academic Suspension and Study Visa Extension

Marcus789

Jan 3, 2021
Hi ,

I am currently on a 4 year study permit which expires in April 2021. I arrived here in 2017, and in 2019 I was suspended for 6 months for not getting grades good enough. When I was suspended, I did not leave Canada, or change my status, and worked illegally for 6 months as I needed the money to continue school.

What are the chances of my study visa extension getting rejected (I need 1-2 more years of school)? One of the questions on the extension application is: Have you ever worked without authorization? I did, so what should I say? Am I valid to apply for restoration if my application gets denied?

Any help would be appreciated!!

Cynthia93

Jul 18, 2016
Canada
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
Accra VFS
App. Filed.......
16/09/2016
Doc's Request.
Submitted
IELTS Request
Waived
Med's Request
13/01/2017
Med's Done....
18/01/2017
Interview........
Not needed
Passport Req..
Already Submitted
VISA ISSUED...
26/01/2017
LANDED..........
22/04/2017
What was the reason for rejecting your Visa?

bongoman

VIP Member
Dec 3, 2014
Chances of rejection are good if they know about your violation. Also there is a good chance you wont get PGWP after graduation if you are interested in that, because your studies were not continuous.

Marcus789

Jan 3, 2021
Chances of rejection are good if they know about your violation. Also there is a good chance you wont get PGWP after graduation if you are interested in that, because your studies were not continuous.
@bongoman Thank your for your quick reply. Would you say its better I admit I worked illegally for my study visa extension or say that I never did so?

nadir hassan

Star Member
Nov 30, 2020
No don't admit anything then there will be a huge chance of deportation its better to go to a good agent and explain him the entire case and he will suggest to you what to do.
Your stage is very crucial right now don't take any sort of risk

Reactions: arul fernando

Marcus789

Jan 3, 2021
No don't admit anything then there will be a huge chance of deportation its better to go to a good agent and explain him the entire case and he will suggest to you what to do.
Your stage is very crucial right now don't take any sort of risk
@nadir hassan Thank you for your reply. I'm afraid they will catch me if I lie, what should I do if I cant afford a lawyer?

Last edited: