+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Academic Suspension and Future PGWP apply problem

JamieD

Mar 24, 2022
Hi everyone,

I am an international and currently studying the Computer Studies program at Langara College. This is my last semester and applied to graduate in the Summer of 2022. However, I am facing academic suspension next because I am failing 2 courses from 3 courses this semester, and I am on academic probation from last semester too. The suspension of my college will last for 3 semesters (which is 1 year).
But because this is my first-time suspension, so my college still has a Returning Study Course. If I took it and passed with 75%, I will get a letter to appeal my suspension. But I still have to skip 1 semester (>90days) and it is an unauthorized gap break.

I am embarrassed for my stupidity and I admit all fault on myself. I have no excuses.

My college international advisor said the suspension will affect my PGWP application in the future because it will be more than 90 days, and will affect my study permit also. She suggested that I should take the Returning Study Course from the college, take 1 semester off, and apply for another institution for full-time study during the suspension time to maintain full-time on my study permit. After the suspension is appealed, I can transfer back to Langara can finish my degree.

What should I do in my situation? I really appreciate your advice.

Thank you and have a wonderful day.

Zeeshan799

May 1, 2024
Hi everyone,

I am an international and currently studying the Computer Studies program at Langara College. This is my last semester and applied to graduate in the Summer of 2022. However, I am facing academic suspension next because I am failing 2 courses from 3 courses this semester, and I am on academic probation from last semester too. The suspension of my college will last for 3 semesters (which is 1 year).
But because this is my first-time suspension, so my college still has a Returning Study Course. If I took it and passed with 75%, I will get a letter to appeal my suspension. But I still have to skip 1 semester (>90days) and it is an unauthorized gap break.

I am embarrassed for my stupidity and I admit all fault on myself. I have no excuses.

My college international advisor said the suspension will affect my PGWP application in the future because it will be more than 90 days, and will affect my study permit also. She suggested that I should take the Returning Study Course from the college, take 1 semester off, and apply for another institution for full-time study during the suspension time to maintain full-time on my study permit. After the suspension is appealed, I can transfer back to Langara can finish my degree.

What should I do in my situation? I really appreciate your advice.

Thank you and have a wonderful day.
Hey bro did you get your pgwp. I’m facing similar issue and I was curious to know