+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Academic IELTS Ok for CEC ???

Peaceful

Star Member
May 7, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Hello there,

I need to write IELTS for my immigration. I'm gonna be applying under Canadian Experience Class (CEC) where it describes IELTS required but 'General only'. I was wondering if it would be ok if I give Academic one?

I wanted to give Academic instead of General, even though its a bit tough but it could help me out as I'm planning to take some courses next year and they require academic for study purposes.

Any idea if it would be ok???

Please advise. Thanks!

rockers2012

May 8, 2012
They go by the law not by some personal friendship . Canada is not either India or Pakistan. This "OK" mentality will only work in subcontinent. For a reason, they have designed two different formats testing different skills. If you are going to persue education in Canada, take Academic module or else if you are applying for immigration take "General" module. Everything is clear-cut.

Peaceful

Star Member
May 7, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Hey why so rude??? I guess this forum is meant to help solving any queries and get responses from the experienced ones. Where did you see I'm asking for any favors from them??? How the hell did you assume I'm from sub-continent??? I hope you keep your stupid-ass attitude with you and act appropiately or else, you might as well not answer.

rockers2012

May 8, 2012
Well, I was not rude but straight forward. Most westerners are like that, deal with that.

In simple word, nope. You need Academic module if you want to study there. You need General module if you want to immigrate there.

Since you are going to apply for immigration first so you will need to take general module. After that, if you have to study sometime in the future you can be exempted from submitting the IELTS if you can prove your language skills to your respected university by either: living and working there for a long time or attending courses there at a school etc and if your university agrees with that. Otherwise, you can always take Academic module on your own choice at any time. It is conducted three times a month. So there you have it.

gihad

Star Member
Jul 26, 2012
rockers2012 said:
They go by the law not by some personal friendship . Canada is not either India or Pakistan. This "OK" mentality will only work in subcontinent. For a reason, they have designed two different formats testing different skills. If you are going to persue education in Canada, take Academic module or else if you are applying for immigration take "General" module. Everything is clear-cut.
This is actually quite rude(I also feel a discrimination tone). Not all westerns are rude like you and the OP certainly does not have to deal with that.

rockers2012

May 8, 2012
Is he a kid? Can he not judge simple things by himself? He was asking kindergarten type of questions. Why would he like to take Academic module when General module was required? BTW, I am not a westerner either(so that discrimination excuse is preconceived hogwash thrown at the westerners, if you want to see discrimination you can look out for that in your own country,) . I am sure God has given him brain cells as well. However, he is going to study and live in Canada in the near future so he is going to meet with westerners. I should not have used "Ok" mentality example. Since most South Asians want to save some bucks for not either taking a test or something like that however yet they are willing to spend a heck lot of money on their tuition and accommodation but not $100/$150 IELTS fee. Such mentality pervades through out the whole subcontinent. Different culture, different environment, so different thinking, tell me if im wrong?. However, it was wrong to assume about his whereabouts on my part and I should not have answered the way I had answered. Accept my apologies in the end, also, the original poster should not have taken my words to his heart since you can spout whatever garbage on the net.
He used the word "stupid-ass attitude" yet did I use any harsh words in my next reply? Nope, because I knew that I was not being rude. However, if you think i was being rude, again accept my apologies.

Peaceful

Star Member
May 7, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Yet again you're replying assuming you being genius and others as dumb-ass. Hey listen, this forum is meant for asking questions and opinions. If one can figure out everything on CIC website, there shouldn't be any need of such forums. Why don't you understand such simple thing???

About you not being westerner, no need to explain that , trust me I would have bet you on that. Looking into your attitude and over-smartness, one can easily figure out that you're not. Infact most westerners whom I know and have met with are gentle and kind enough to help each other. Its mostly our own people, who by immigrating here and living here for a couple years, think that they're the smartest in the world LOL.

FYI I have even called CIC helpline about this question and didn't got any reply as they said its too technical question. They have asked me to call directly to the visa office where I'm gonna apply for my PR, via email. Apologies for my words, but I'm just giving an ideal reply to above comments or should I say, to an extra smart person.

Cheers !!!

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Peaceful said:
Yet again you're replying assuming you being genius and others as dumb-ass. Hey listen, this forum is meant for asking questions and opinions. If one can figure out everything on CIC website, there shouldn't be any need of such forums. Why don't you understand such simple thing???

About you not being westerner, no need to explain that , trust me I would have bet you on that. Looking into your attitude and over-smartness, one can easily figure out that you're not. Infact most westerners whom I know and have met with are gentle and kind enough to help each other. Its mostly our own people, who by immigrating here and living here for a couple years, think that they're the smartest in the world LOL.

FYI I have even called CIC helpline about this question and didn't got any reply as they said its too technical question. They have asked me to call directly to the visa office where I'm gonna apply for my PR, via email. Apologies for my words, but I'm just giving an ideal reply to above comments or should I say, to an extra smart person.

Cheers !!!
The instructions say General Only, not Academic because you want to take courses. General Only.

rockers2012

May 8, 2012
Peaceful said:

Cheers !!!
Your second paragraph has just reinforced my earlier notion regrading you been a South Asian. You see, you used the word "our own people", typical narrow minded thinking. Also, I'm not living in North America or Europe, so I don't think highly of myself(Again, you were wrong assuming about my whereabouts, so don't preach what you don't follow). Why should I be a cocky, ? North America/Europe was developed even when I was not born so there you go. However, I just told you the hard facts right in your face. Like it or lump it.
You need to work on your thinking, mate. There is no such thing as a free lunch. As for your question, you had probably answered it by yourself in your first para if you had read it properly. Go and prepare for your IELTS instead of indulging yourself in mud slinging wrestling and that is also on the net.