+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Abu Dhabi Embassy... Anyone still waiting?!

He20155182

Star Member
Aug 28, 2016
Omar.hr said:
Small update guys, today (Friday) at 9:53 PM Dubai time I received an email from CIC (NOT the embassy in AD) saying exactly the following:

"Your application has been updated. Please sign in to your account and check your application status and messages for more information."

I signed in and I found it says "Updated" in the status flied, when I accessed the application however, there is no change at all and no messages. And when I refreshed the page, the status changed again back to "Submitted"

I remember reading on this forum many people used to receive these "fake" status updates, but maybe they are working on it? Hopefully. I hope they don't ask for a January LOA as mentioned above tho, as the university only verbally allowed me to enroll in January instead of Fall 2016, I am not sure if they will be willing to provide such a document. I'll have to wait and see I guess....

Wollyking, any ideas bro?
hopefully they will not ask you to submit a new LOA because this means they will need more time processing it.. but I would ask the university anyway to provide with one, since they have Jan intake, most probably they will issue one, better safe than sorry bro. Good Luck

wollyking

Nov 25, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26-02-2017
Doc's Request.
01-03-2017
AOR Received.
13-04-2017
Med's Done....
28-06-2017
Passport Req..
04-06-2018
VISA ISSUED...
08-06-2018
LANDED..........
14-06-2018
Omar.hr said:
Small update guys, today (Friday) at 9:53 PM Dubai time I received an email from CIC (NOT the embassy in AD) saying exactly the following:

"Your application has been updated. Please sign in to your account and check your application status and messages for more information."

I signed in and I found it says "Updated" in the status flied, when I accessed the application however, there is no change at all and no messages. And when I refreshed the page, the status changed again back to "Submitted"

I remember reading on this forum many people used to receive these "fake" status updates, but maybe they are working on it? Hopefully. I hope they don't ask for a January LOA as mentioned above tho, as the university only verbally allowed me to enroll in January instead of Fall 2016, I am not sure if they will be willing to provide such a document. I'll have to wait and see I guess....

Wollyking, any ideas bro?
I think you are approved. I got the same kind of update in August 31st but didn't receive anything the next day. After weeks I called CIC pretending I am calling from inside Canada and the agent told me my visa waa approved on August 31st and may take 10 working days to print it. I think I told you that case... so it looks good... you are approved, I don't quite know how long they may ask you for the passport but they will... I got the passport request as a response to the case specific enquiry.

Omar.hr

Star Member
Sep 9, 2016
Toronto, Ontario
Visa Office......
VFS Dubai
App. Filed.......
08/06/2016
Doc's Request.
25/10/2016 - Updated LOA
File Transfer...
08/06/2016
Passport Req..
10/11/2016
VISA ISSUED...
20/11/2016
LANDED..........
26/12/2016
He20155182 said:
hopefully they will not ask you to submit a new LOA because this means they will need more time processing it.. but I would ask the university anyway to provide with one, since they have Jan intake, most probably they will issue one, better safe than sorry bro. Good Luck
I will definitely ask them to send me one. Thank you

wollyking said:
I think you are approved. I got the same kind of update in August 31st but didn't receive anything the next day. After weeks I called CIC pretending I am calling from inside Canada and the agent told me my visa waa approved on August 31st and may take 10 working days to print it. I think I told you that case... so it looks good... you are approved, I don't quite know how long they may ask you for the passport but they will... I got the passport request as a response to the case specific enquiry.
I really hope so, I do remember when you had this situation. So according to this pattern it should be out by the end of October, inshallah. I did a case specific inquiry last Monday so let's see.
Thanks a lot

wollyking

Nov 25, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26-02-2017
Doc's Request.
01-03-2017
AOR Received.
13-04-2017
Med's Done....
28-06-2017
Passport Req..
04-06-2018
VISA ISSUED...
08-06-2018
LANDED..........
14-06-2018
They shouldn't take any longer than a day after approving it... it's very bad of them to actually take weeks to ask for a passport after they'd made a final decision. It costed me a semester, I try not to think about it and pray that all you wonderful folks don't have to go through such crap...

Omar.hr

Star Member
Sep 9, 2016
Toronto, Ontario
Visa Office......
VFS Dubai
App. Filed.......
08/06/2016
Doc's Request.
25/10/2016 - Updated LOA
File Transfer...
08/06/2016
Passport Req..
10/11/2016
VISA ISSUED...
20/11/2016
LANDED..........
26/12/2016
wollyking said:
They shouldn't take any longer than a day after approving it... it's very bad of them to actually take weeks to ask for a passport after they'd made a final decision. It costed me a semester, I try not to think about it and pray that all you wonderful folks don't have to go through such crap...
True

I've already been through a lot as well man, I also missed my semester. It's been 18 weeks and 3 days since I applied, and still counting. It felt like 18 years believe me. Let's hope it has a good ending at least...

Thanks bro

wollyking

Nov 25, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26-02-2017
Doc's Request.
01-03-2017
AOR Received.
13-04-2017
Med's Done....
28-06-2017
Passport Req..
04-06-2018
VISA ISSUED...
08-06-2018
LANDED..........
14-06-2018
Any news Omar?

Omar.hr

Star Member
Sep 9, 2016
Toronto, Ontario
Visa Office......
VFS Dubai
App. Filed.......
08/06/2016
Doc's Request.
25/10/2016 - Updated LOA
File Transfer...
08/06/2016
Passport Req..
10/11/2016
VISA ISSUED...
20/11/2016
LANDED..........
26/12/2016
wollyking said:
Any news Omar?
Nope...

Case-specific inquiry submitted on 10th October
GCMS Notes request submitted on 12th October

No updates since that fake email I received last Friday

Any news guys?

MUFC20

Jul 30, 2016
Is it true that applications they want to accept take a lot of time? It looks odd but the more the delay the better is what a few people are saying about the Abu Dhabi office.

He20155182

Star Member
Aug 28, 2016
MUFC20 said:
Is it true that applications they want to accept take a lot of time? It looks odd but the more the delay the better is what a few people are saying about the Abu Dhabi office.
it may sound odd, but it is not a fact tho.. according to this forum rejection takes less time, but there are people who got rejected after long time too. I think based in what we are seeing that you can't expect anything from them, because each case is just different

Omar.hr

Star Member
Sep 9, 2016
Toronto, Ontario
Visa Office......
VFS Dubai
App. Filed.......
08/06/2016
Doc's Request.
25/10/2016 - Updated LOA
File Transfer...
08/06/2016
Passport Req..
10/11/2016
VISA ISSUED...
20/11/2016
LANDED..........
26/12/2016
MUFC20 said:
Well first of all, since this is a binary decision (Yes or No, no third) there is no such thing as BETTER result. With that being said, yes according to a lot of people in this forum, rejections are usually sent within 4-6 weeks of submition Max. I personally never heard of a rejection that took more, it also makes sense so that they don't waste time and then simply reject. However, there is no strict rule in such matter really. It can be different from case to case, and honestly I can expect anything from them at this point...

nouman6269

Star Member
Sep 13, 2016
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-08-2016
Doc's Request.
22-09-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
Medical Passed on 21-09-2016
Passport Req..
waiting
Omar.hr said:
Well first of all, since this is a binary decision (Yes or No, no third) there is no such thing as BETTER result. With that being said, yes according to a lot of people in this forum, rejections are usually sent within 4-6 weeks of submition Max. I personally never heard of a rejection that took more, it also makes sense so that they don't waste time and then simply reject. However, there is no strict rule in such matter really. It can be different from case to case, and honestly I can expect anything from them at this point...
I think rejections take lesser time because they don't involve any background checks. Visa officers don't ask for any background investigations for the files that they are eventually going to reject for reasons like (insufficient funds or Purpose of visit etc). I mean, it doesn't make any sense to involve outside agencies and ask them for background checks if you're going to reject the visa later based on reasons like (funds,purpose). The files that are approved, take longer time because they involve background investigations.

Omar.hr

Star Member
Sep 9, 2016
Toronto, Ontario
Visa Office......
VFS Dubai
App. Filed.......
08/06/2016
Doc's Request.
25/10/2016 - Updated LOA
File Transfer...
08/06/2016
Passport Req..
10/11/2016
VISA ISSUED...
20/11/2016
LANDED..........
26/12/2016
nouman6269 said:
I think rejections take lesser time because they don't involve any background checks. Visa officers don't ask for any background investigations for the files that they are eventually going to reject for reasons like (insufficient funds or Purpose of visit etc). I mean, it doesn't make any sense to involve outside agencies and ask them for background checks if you're going to reject the visa later based on reasons like (funds,purpose). The files that are approved, take longer time because they involve background investigations.
I agree with all that. But still some applications might pass the first stage and then fail the background checks. So it is still possible for an application to take a long time, and still be rejected. It just means that it has higher chances because as we are guessing it passed the first stage.

nouman6269

Star Member
Sep 13, 2016
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-08-2016
Doc's Request.
22-09-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
Medical Passed on 21-09-2016
Passport Req..
waiting
Omar.hr said:
I agree with all that. But still some applications might pass the first stage and then fail the background checks. So it is still possible for an application to take a long time, and still be rejected. It just means that it has higher chances because as we are guessing it passed the first stage.
yes that's exactly my point. Passing the first stage doesn't guarantee you an approval and It's still possible that an application could be rejected after the background checks.

ahsansag93

Jun 12, 2016
But there are various Pakistani students who applied in the starting of june , and also they have received their medical request(99% Approval chances) , but still their application is in process , and haven't approved yet .

It seems they are not giving the visa approval decisions now a days . Also i know one guy who applied on 19th MAY , got medical request in July , but still he haven't received his visa .

May be they are delaying the visa stamping as they are aware that all of us has deferred the semester and we all will be going in November and most probably December.
It's just my opinion.

P.S: I have applied paper based on 1st june with upfront medical , i received the update last month(17th September) to submit my employment details, after that i didn't get any update.